It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith vs. Works in Christianity: The Problem of the Book of James

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus was the Messiah but not God. He even said God is greater than himself. And that eas 2000 years ago so we don't know if it really happened and it most likely didn't

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: Akragon

Atheists don't have to repent. God doesn't show his face so how is that an atheists fault

No one has to repent... They always have that choice regardless of belief

To repent is to feel remorse or regret about something a person has done wrong... An athiest can repent of their wrong doing to the person they've wronged

As i've said its a condition of the heart... Not faith in a God

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What I meant if he isn't evil he ain't going to hell.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What I meant if he isn't evil he ain't going to hell.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Only christians have to repent. Everyone else gets judged on their actions.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Only christians have to repent. Everyone else gets judged on their actions.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith
If you can find Jesus saying, word for word "I am God" And give me the verse ill admit that im wrong

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
If you read the New Testament thoroughly, it would appear that faith in Jesus is sufficient to be "saved". But wait...what about the book of James that seems to say that faith is not sufficient, that works also are needed for salvation.

I realize this subject has been debated for centuries. If you wish to comment, please cite evidence for why you believe the way you do.

How about both faith and works? Does not faith then inspire works? Works without faith is like giving generously in public just so your peers will see it and give glory to you instead of the one who deserves it.

With faith, works (helping others, sometimes making sacrifices for others, the list is endless).
Sometimes works bring faith, so either one in any order seem to perpetuate good things, so I'm going to say both of them is the answer.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That's why this post is weird. Jesus made it simple, Saul the Pharisee trashed his teachings by making stupid unnecessary rules and causing trouble. Jesus confirmed Saul was one of those who say they are apostles but are not. IF YOU WANT TO BE A TRUE CHRISTIAN LISTEN TO JESUS AND LAUGH AT HOW RIDICULOUS OF A HUMAN BEING SAUL THE PHARISEE WAS. LOVE GOD, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. EASY. STOP THERE. STOP BLAMING SATAN, SATAN WORKS FOR GOD.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Jesus was the Messiah but not God. He even said God is greater than himself. And that eas 2000 years ago so we don't know if it really happened and it most likely didn't

and you are welcome to your beliefs, I mine

Now stop going all Jehovah Witness on everyone and shouting your opinion, bashing our doors down, we disagree

Accept we disagree
edit on 19-1-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No, I got a duty to tell the truth. I'm not gonna let your error go unchallenged. You can not show Jesus saying "Iam God" and your mad because it's a fact. So why should I have to keep my opinion to myself when its true and this is a forum for debate.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No, I got a duty to tell the truth. I'm not gonna let your error go unchallenged. You can not show Jesus saying "Iam God" and your mad because it's a fact. So why should I have to keep my opinion to myself when its true and this is a forum for debate.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Press reply ONCE bro....

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Show me Jesus saying that he is God, not one with God, or Gods son, but literally saying "I am God" and I will shut up. He says God is Superior to him. As in not equal, in the bible, and people decided to promote him to God in the flesh. But God was somewhere else(heaven) when Jesus was on earth, thats another church invented lie fools believe. Jesus was a human. Any miracles are from Gods power, even the Apostles could do miracles.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Just because you choose to believe doesn't mean I can't point out every error in logic that goes with your beliefs. Especially a religion that says " believe in Jesus or go to hell" That's mind control. Scaring people with hell has been the churches bread and butter since day one.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Just because you choose to believe doesn't mean I can't point out every error in logic that goes with your beliefs. Especially a religion that says " believe in Jesus or go to hell" That's mind control. Scaring people with hell has been the churches bread and butter since day one.

Nothing I say will make you believe what I do, and nothing you say, etc

So just leave it

The Lord gave us a sermon on the mount, check your walk against that sermon.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

What lord?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You mean the Messiah? There are people with the title Lord. Lord is not a good word for the Messiah, imo. Messiah is more holy

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20273417]Raggedy

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Truth be told, us Muslims honor Jesus truer to his own words than Christians. We dont honor the false prophet Saul the Pharisee because he corrupted Jesus teachings. Even though Jesus states there are only 12 Apostles, and warns about false prophets claiming to have seen him, gives you an easy way to live, you defend to the death a murdering, lying Pharisee who says "imitate me" and I am all things to all men, you ignore his instability and call Jesus a liar by accepting a 13th Apostle against his decree of 12, a sacred number with a purpose. That's not following Jesus, that's ignoring him and accepting false teachings that CONTRADICT Jesus own words. How do you do it? I mean, you call him God, but I guess he wasn't a sufficient teacher because churchianity is all about Saul. Hes been a role model for greedy clergy taking advantage of people's lack of understanding. You want to know why Christianity is so despised? Saul the Pharisee. I'm just not gonna call Jesus a liar. And you may or may not realize it, but when you accept Saul, that's exactly what you're doing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join