It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" effect Clinton's chance ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There has been so much on ATS about Clinton and Benghazi it makes this relevant.

The timing of this movie right as the primaries and American election is heating up could influence some voters, what do you think ?

I think that the Democrats are going to come to the realization that Clinton just has too much baggage and risk going into 2016. Sanders is a safer bet at this point. Even Biden would be better at this point. I was reading an interesting poll that 20% of Bluedog democrats are going for Trump, these are the same democrats that voted for Reagan and swept him into power.

The movie opens this weekend at a critical time just before the Iowa caucuses.
edit on 13-1-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I just saw the trailer for this about an hour ago. What better way to ingrain a certain narrative into the public's psyche than to produce a movie that is "based on true events". People will eat this crap up just like they did with Zero Dark Thirty.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I just saw the trailer for this about an hour ago. What better way to ingrain a certain narrative into the public's psyche than to produce a movie that is "based on true events". People will eat this crap up just like they did with Zero Dark Thirty.

So how come the rescue never came, since you seem to not believe Hillary ordered a stand down. She got exposed because they survived longer then she thought they would, she figured they'd all be dead in 20 mins and her secrets where safe.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeyy

Where in my post did I say Hillary didn't order a stand down? I don't care whether she did or not to be honest, I don't claim to know whether she did or didn't either so your response to me is a little baffling.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Where in my post did I say Hillary didn't order a stand down? I don't care whether she did or not to be honest, I don't claim to know whether she did or didn't either so your response to me is a little baffling.

I dunno, I guess when you said "based on true events". it made me feel like you didn't believe what's become public at all. then proceeded to further call it "crap".

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I was speaking in general terms, not for one side or the other.

I just find it sad that Hollywood is so out of new ideas that they have to resort to politically motivated movies based on events from just a few years ago. I am also under the impression that these movies are being made to push a certain political agenda.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeyy

So how come the rescue never came, since you seem to not believe Hillary ordered a stand down. She got exposed because they survived longer then she thought they would, she figured they'd all be dead in 20 mins and her secrets where safe.

didnt one of the generals that was involved that testified under penalty of purgery that there WAS a stand down order, get railroaded and relieved of his command?

I dont know what to think about the whole mess, but that event alone leads me to believe that something definitely happened that they dont want known.

Love Love!
AlienSupernova
edit on 13-1-2016 by AlienSupernova because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

the Democrats are going to come to the realization that Clinton just has too much baggage and risk going into 2016.

I could NOT agree more- It seems as though every Clinton supporter that I speak with has all but forgotten Benghazi

(disclaimer) this is NOT a "Clinton" hate post either, just sayin

edit on 13-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: sp

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

In the general if she goes up against Trump he will rip her up with scandal, with Trump if she tries to counter he is basically the Teflon man, because the country is so pissed off, and this isn't all on Obama either.
The regular political establishment has failed, I think America will elect a baffoon just to give the establishment the middle finger out of pure spite.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It won't make any difference. The low information voters will never see it and with Hillary having the potential of being the first female president, the women won't pay any attention to the movie, or much of anything else for that matter. All they'll see is she's going to be the first woman president. No effect, changes nothing.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yeah some will vote for her no matter what, first woman, and they supported her to the bitter end over Obama when she was done in the 08 primaries.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The US of A will have a woman vice president:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienSupernova

didnt one of the generals that was involved that testified under penalty of purgery that there WAS a stand down order, get railroaded and relieved of his command?

I dont know what to think about the whole mess, but that event alone leads me to believe that something definitely happened that they dont want known.

Love Love!
AlienSupernova

That would have been General Carter Ham.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
From what I've seen this movie will hurt her and I do expect a 1 or 2% drop in polling to reflect that. Having said that, it's not a very big drop and won't effect her negatively in most places. The reason I say it's only a 1-2% impact is because it's a Michael Bay film. I don't think the director of Transformers and Armageddon is going to impact any intellectuals or high information voters.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienSupernova

One thing they didnt want folks to know is that the people that overran the consulate was armed and funded by the Obama administration, what difference does it make!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
The US of A will have a woman vice president:

Now THATS a GREAT ticket!!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Micheal Bey made that historical insult Pearl Harbor, after than nobody is going think this film has the slightest basis in reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I think America will elect a baffoon just to give the establishment the middle finger out of pure spite.

Sooooooo true. Amuuuurika.... that's how we roll

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AlienSupernova

Love Love!
AlienSupernova

That would have been General Carter Ham.

He was the head of AFRICOM.
A Vice Admiral who was in charge of an aircraft carrier group in the Mediterranean was also dumped around the same time. The purge included several other military career men whose years of service were thrown down the drain to save political face in Washington. Truly a disgusting chapter in our history. I hope the movie details all of that.

If nothing else I hope people get the message how little respect Obama and Hillary both have for our military.
edit on 14-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1100889/pg1#pid20255351 post by amazing
[/url]

From what I've seen this movie will hurt her and I do expect a 1 or 2% drop in polling to reflect that. Having said that, it's not a very big drop and won't effect her negatively in most places. The reason I say it's only a 1-2% impact is because it's a Michael Bay film. I don't think the director of Transformers and Armageddon is going to impact any intellectuals or high information voters.

Amazing you want to say that we should see the Benghazi movie. Well tell me that I have down syndrome because I’m going to instead stay at home. How many names do these Benghazi bozos have. Kris Tanto something? Did rob sanchez ever give you the dirty sanchez? You think that is funny. I don’t think tanks are funny. It’s funny that something that can kill you and take out a house in a shot? Do big bad tanks and military have the cure for an ebola outbreak? Does the Benghazi rangers know? Amazing would you catch yourself with John Kirby wearing Moulan Rouge Lip stick?

Operation barbeque rescue. No grocery store in the entire city. Whatever that is. lol.
Unanimously approved, says Charles Payne. On paying 9,000 dollars a year to criminals.
Let’s watch train your dragon. So why is NASA spending so much on climate science???
This is group derangement mentality. The New World order is trying to reengineer the climate with trees. You have to make up fake names just to get on a bigfoot show.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join