It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Global warming’ Could Cause Humans To Develop Webbed Feet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The real question is will we evolve into Mon Calamaris because we could easily go the way of Gungans. Maybe will even go squidy instead and become Quarren.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: IAMTAT

Better yet with the warming, we could all run around naked because the oceans will be so high that they would only be a block away or so. Plus, with the idiotic concept of web feet floating around, we wouldn't need to buy flippers. And, and, and if we developed fish eyes for our heads instead of just for cameras, we would not even need goggles. But why stop there with the crazy concepts, how about a set of gills for everybody?

You got my vote

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
of course all this requires we basically throw away technology and go back to being just stupid animals. also means we exclusively breed only with people who mutate the best to fit the environment.
heh

the timeframe they are discussing, mankind wont look like fish folk or if ice age, the abominable snowman. we will look like either a cyborg that looks like a perfect human, or we will occasionally manifest based on how we want the nano-cloud to form for our consciousness...if we can even be bothered with that. might be more interesting being a 10th of a inch tall and see the world from a bugs perspective.

Point is, technology is our main evolution now..and we already are self evolving through our tools integrating with us more and more, and our meat becoming less and less relevant. give it a few hundred years and its gonna be remarkable.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Amusing. Kind of like Kevin Costner in his movie waterWorld. He grew little gills behind his ears and was hated and persecuted because of it.

Poor thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Isn't evolution supposed to occur over millions of years ? I doubt humans will be around for the evolution process to complete thanks to Super Volcanoes and Asteroids, one of those will wipe us out if we don't wipe ourselves out with a war to end all wars

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Or....or.....the melting of that caps to which create a water world-like utopia will force humans to evolve into having webbed feet, rather, building vast underwater cities and still maintaining proper footwear. This shows the advancement of civilizationJapan's Future Underwater Eco City and not the loss of it. ex) Waterworld

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Isn't evolution supposed to occur over millions of years ?

Evolution occurs on a generational level. Each successive generations has minor mutations and changes in allele frequencies (for all species). The rate of accumulative mutations can also fluctuate.

To develop an adaptation like the one in the OP could take hundreds to thousands, to tens of thousands of generations depending on specific factors. A million years would produce an entirely new species (if not genus'), however.

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I doubt humans will be around for the evolution process to complete

Evolution is an intrinsic process of biological life, so there's no real 'complete stage' of anything

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They ripped the idea for Costner.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: joeraynor
We are talking about the newspaper with a topless girls section on page 2.

?

Excuse me while I go back and click the link

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
SMOKERS!!!! every one knows that when water world happens we grow gills too! Me personally I'll grow a slick down with my webbed feet and become a duck-like organism....

edit on 13-1-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Ridiculous nonsense. The Daily Mail is a horrible outlet. No scientist or any sane, rational person would ever make a statement like that.

Nope, he's a real scientist; checks out:

Academic Head Biological Anthropology

Academic Background

Matthew Skinner is a paleoanthropologist whose research focuses on the analysis of teeth and bones to answer questions about the growth and development, diet, taxonomy and evolutionary history of living and extinct primates, including fossil hominins. Specifically, he is interested in taxonomic diversity and evolutionary history of humans and apes, dental tissue development in the present and past, and form/function relationships in the primate skeleton.

www.kent.ac.uk...

I wonder how many millions he was given in grant money by the government 'climate change' gang to essentially watch a bad Kevin Costner movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My aunt was born with webbed feet and hands over 40 years ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You know what "they" say about us guys with big feet... personally, I can't wait for my mutations... I already have a decent rudder.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I wonder how many millions he was given in grant money by the government 'climate change' gang to essentially watch a bad Kevin Costner movie.

More likely he was given money by a denier think-tank to keep deniers chuckling and feeling superior as they wallow in ignorance.

Or most likely:

Daily Mail completely twisted his words.

It could happen if we had millions of years and no technology to adapt to 'Water World'
edit on 1/13/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Am I the only one that thinks this would be cool?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Am I the only one that thinks this would be cool?

It'd be nice if it would help me swim. I currently sink like a rock. I might need longer toes though.....

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Wait no, sorry, I was thinking of the UK Sun's page 3:

www.independent.co.uk...

(topless girl at end of link, obviously)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Meh. I'm ready. My feet are so big already, I can wet them and walk up glass walls.

ROFL: Best chuckle of the day so far!

But, with respect to the OP: Sounds like a new movie: Water World meets The Clan of the Cave Bear.

-dex

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
We won't live long enough to evolve webbed feet, although some body modification enthusiasts might use some DNA manipulation to do it for aesthetic purposes.

But the artificially superintelligent robots will kill us long before that happens.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Where DID that show wind up
Patrick Duffy emerged from the ocean and evolved into Bobby Ewing on Dallas.

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join