It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, I need your good vibes right now. Thanks to all.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'd like to call upon this beautiful community and ask a favor. (No it isn't powerball!) I would like to ask for your well-wishes, good vibes, prayers, hoodoo doll magic or whatever good things you can send my way. I would really appreciate a positive sentiment! I have just passed a first interview for a job I really would love to have, and one I think I would thrive in--not in terms of salary--but in terms of stimulation and living up to my potential. I currently have a decent job and it is enough--but nevertheless, I am one to always aim higher.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a salt-of-the-earth type of guy who doesn't have much, but who works hard for what I do have. And I am thankful for what I DO have! Quite frankly, I have had a rough life for well over a decade now and have been working very, very hard to smooth it out and make it shine again.

I could definitely use a miracle right now. If you are more pragmatic and don't subscribe to miracles, perhaps you could lend me some advice on how to step up and stand out from the 2nd interview group?

Thanks ATS. I need this, and I appreciate everyone who takes 2 minutes to express some love and fellowship today.

edit on 13-1-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sending you good vibrations brother, and good luck in you quest for satisfaction in life.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

If you are more pragmatic and don't subscribe to miracles, perhaps you could lend me some advice on how to step up and stand out from the 2nd interview group?

Be yourself. You say you have admirable qualities, they must be thinking so too, they asked you to come back.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

WIshing you the very best of luck for your 2nd interview.

I work in employment and I will give you a few pieces of advice (you've probably heard these before, but it can't hurt):

1. Read the job description, do research about the position and go in prepared with this info
  2. Research the company itself, and if possible, the person who will be interviewing you
  3. Bring in a resume, and a cover letter (tailored for that position), even if you've already submitted these
  4. Don't put on cologne/perfume
  5. Arrive 15-20 minutes early to be on the safe side (and to show you are reliable)
  6. Picture yourself in that job. Actually envision it - this will help you come up with good questions, and help convince the interviewer that this is for you
  7. Prepare yourself for common interview questions "What is your biggest weakness", or "Have you ever had trouble with a co-worker" -with these types of questions, think of a scenario to illustrate the challenges you faced BUT most importantly, show that you learned from it/turned it around - AKA don't end your answer on a bad note and just really try to sell yourself
  8. Shake their hand firmly, and make sure you SMILE

9. Thank them for their time and consideration
  10. Be confident and BELIEVE in yourself

You will do great - I believe in you NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Best wishes for you. For what it's worth, a friend who's in Human Relations sent me this a couple months ago.
This is time-tested stuff. A sad fact of life is the research proves that phonies and narcissists often perform very well at interviews. It can really be a matter of being a good actor.

One thing that's been proven is that if you can convey to the interviewer that you are similar to them, then they will like you. Obviously, you can overdo it and look foolish. The article explains the "similarity" issue.

Interviewing

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks for the advice! I will try to put it all to use.

a reply to: ColeYounger

This is a great resource! Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
2016 and we're still double posting?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Good vibes being sent your way!

Just out of curiosity - what type of job is it?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I will be thinking good, positive thoughts..

Have faith in yourself, just this post inspired me to have faith in you!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Good vibes coming your way!

Remember that you are worth it. You deserve to have a job you love. See yourself in the position! Stay positive and good luck!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
BTW,

Dos and donts
Although it doesn't specifically list it, farting loudly during the interview is a definite "dont".

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Dubba!
edit on 13-1-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hopefully you get the job.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
sending good vibes and lots of luck your way, let us know if you get it

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Praying and wishing you all the best! Go get 'em tiger!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hey NB!

Best wishes for you!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No matter what anyone tells you, "Pull my finger" is NOT acceptable.

Best wishes!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

WIshing you the very best of luck for your 2nd interview.

I work in employment and I will give you a few pieces of advice (you've probably heard these before, but it can't hurt):

1. Read the job description, do research about the position and go in prepared with this info
  2. Research the company itself, and if possible, the person who will be interviewing you
  3. Bring in a resume, and a cover letter (tailored for that position), even if you've already submitted these
  4. Don't put on cologne/perfume
  5. Arrive 15-20 minutes early to be on the safe side (and to show you are reliable)
  6. Picture yourself in that job. Actually envision it - this will help you come up with good questions, and help convince the interviewer that this is for you
  7. Prepare yourself for common interview questions "What is your biggest weakness", or "Have you ever had trouble with a co-worker" -with these types of questions, think of a scenario to illustrate the challenges you faced BUT most importantly, show that you learned from it/turned it around - AKA don't end your answer on a bad note and just really try to sell yourself
  8. Shake their hand firmly, and make sure you SMILE

9. Thank them for their time and consideration
  10. Be confident and BELIEVE in yourself

You will do great - I believe in you NarcolepticBuddha

number 10 is the key to it all. If you are confident, and believe in yourself, it shows and translates to others.
Good luck and don't give up, ever.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just remember what Napoleon Hill said.

"The starting point of achievement is desire"

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Consider it done!

It's good to see you around, and I wish you all of the absolute best in life!
Good Luck on your new job!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join