It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
If you are more pragmatic and don't subscribe to miracles, perhaps you could lend me some advice on how to step up and stand out from the 2nd interview group?
originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
WIshing you the very best of luck for your 2nd interview.
I work in employment and I will give you a few pieces of advice (you've probably heard these before, but it can't hurt):
- Read the job description, do research about the position and go in prepared with this info
- Research the company itself, and if possible, the person who will be interviewing you
- Bring in a resume, and a cover letter (tailored for that position), even if you've already submitted these
- Don't put on cologne/perfume
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early to be on the safe side (and to show you are reliable)
- Picture yourself in that job. Actually envision it - this will help you come up with good questions, and help convince the interviewer that this is for you
- Prepare yourself for common interview questions "What is your biggest weakness", or "Have you ever had trouble with a co-worker" -with these types of questions, think of a scenario to illustrate the challenges you faced BUT most importantly, show that you learned from it/turned it around - AKA don't end your answer on a bad note and just really try to sell yourself
- Shake their hand firmly, and make sure you SMILE
- Thank them for their time and consideration
- Be confident and BELIEVE in yourself
You will do great - I believe in you NarcolepticBuddha