It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone on ATS support Trump??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I have never claimed Trump was dumb, but I have wondered about his followers.

I know the build a wall thing was complete and total bull$h!t on his part even though he said it with a straight face, but there have been some that are true believers.

(post by BatheInTheFountain removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I second this post.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

PC wasn't a thorn in America's side when Perot ran.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have never claimed Trump was dumb, but I have wondered about his followers.

I know the build a wall thing was complete and total bull$h!t on his part even though he said it with a straight face, but there have been some that are true believers.

sorry, I know you didn't say that, I was just making my point. not sure what the future holds, but I know 4 more years of what we have just had 8 of isn't going to cut it.

Since I don't have a say in the decision, I'll just sit back and watch. And hope if Trump get the nod and wins, my fears were all for nothing. But seeing a little flicker of light from Jeb's numbers scares me even worse. My initial prediction was a Clinton vs Bush race, which is puke city. I'd welcome Bernie with a communist VP before another legacy.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
... although as a Brit ...

No offense, I visit England twice yearly, and that probably has a lot to do with it. The Media bias there is unbelievable. To my fellow Americans, If you think your Media is left-leaning, you have no idea until you go across the pond.

With that said, Trump offers many Americans what they've been asking for, for seems like generations. Someone who will say it like it is, not pull any punches, and put America First.

As to being "one of the elite" I think you'd find it interesting to know that the "Elite" actually hate Trump. He's not Old Money, he's New Money and they look at him like they would a NFL Wide Receiver, Not a Old money real rich person but a "New money, lucky scum" type of person. The fact the establishment and the media are doing everything in their power to try and derail his campaign, proves as much.

When the Media and conventional wisdom tell you something, the opposite is true.

They absolutely love Obama, and they absolutely hate Trump. That alone speaks volumes.

O'Reilly interviewed the nag that started the petition over there to ban Trump from Britain. Turns out, that birch is a journalist. She should be pushing free speech, instead she tries to silence it when it doesn't fit her narrative. Stupid hypocritical woman.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I don't know how many people support Trump on ATS, but I definitely see a lot of the mods pandering to Sanders. Just my observation over the last few months.

Agreed. Several threads have been started that called Trump supporters stupid, racist, and say all who attend are KKK members attending Trump's KKK rally. Normally they would've had their thread shut down. It's amazing that they're still active, or not closed anyways.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

People vote for selfish reasons.

How would it benefit me?
What do I get out of it?

People support Trump because they see a benefit for themselves.

I must be weird, I vote for the whole.

I vote secular logic that I think makes sense and will help the whole function and progress.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

I've grown tired of this as well. Half of his popularity stems from the Republicans we voted for in the first place because they lied and cowered to obama and PC crap. That's enough for me to thumb my nose at them unless they realize what the people want. Nikki Haley lost my support back when she made the Confederate Flag come down after the Dylan Roof shooting anyways. If she's not smart enough to realize that flag's true meaning of freedom then she can suck it.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

That's not the first time I've heard someone in the middle or just left of the middle say that about liberals and progressives. I've even been hearing liberals say that progressives have pushed them to the middle and that they'll be voting Republican in the upcoming election.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I am sure he won't win, but I can imagine if he did and some of it would probably be pretty funny.

After the election and the first time someone asked about the wall he would probably call them morons for believing him. Dudes not PC and not stupid there would be no way he would be thinking there was a second term. He would have 4 years to do what he wanted.
edit on 13-1-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

He didn't adress jack.
The problem with illegal immigration is the people giving them the jobs, which he is one of.

His solution to islamic terror is one that would be damn near impossible to implement outside of E.O
A wide spread solution that takes the rights away from innocent people. That's the american way alright!

3) He addresses jobs and knows the importance.

Yes more empty words, all he has said is he is going to be 'the best jobs president' whatever the hell that means.
His only how so far is to break longstanding trade deals, which outside of congress cooperation, will need to be done with E.O and going against our allies.

Nationalism is not great, unless you want to talk about the nationalism of nationalizing your natural resources and reducing the presence of foreign competition. Circa South America after their reform away from the colonial times.

He does kinda go against the party system, I'll give him that.

He has admitted to paying politicians to get what he wants the guy has been a major player in the game, why do we think he won't keep playing??

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kernalpanic

Extremely well stated!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

That's a damn good point about his kids. Bravo! You'd think they would suffer from affluenza or however that term should be used, but they all seem to be down to Earth and not snotty and stuck up for being the children of a billionaire. Gotta respect that.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Makes me wonder how he would react when he can't fire those he doesn't like in the goverment.

The same way Ventura reacts when he can't put an old signature wrestling finishing move on someone. You need to figure out the difference between real life and entertainment.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Not only are his kids all normal, his daughter runs his company. A sexist jackoff would never allow that. Ever. The rhetoric that is spread on here is typical of someone who does not look at both sides or the OTHER side of the coin.

Trump does not start something he does not intend to complete and win. His numbers are higher than ever. He is drawing more people than ever. He is so popular that he was referenced in the SOTU address last night as well as GOP speaker after the SOTU was over.

Wanting a solution to a problem no one else can solve is not racist. Calling for some common sense on immigration and wanting to pause the influx of those who are coming in is not bigotry.

If he was not running what would be have? A bunch of pandering, no ball, establishment dillweeds who would be saying whatever the PAC told them to say. Really...think about it. Who would be in the forefront? Bush has spent 200 million dollars and he is 30 points behind Trump nationwide.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You are not even tracking the conversation which is why your reply is utter nonsense. I have never watched the crap show and don't even own a TV by choice.

Based on what his true believers have said he would fire all those who get in his way, but there are many in government he can't fire especially those in federal regulatory agencies. The business model falls flat there.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The reason I ask this is very simple, ATS up until even last year if I recall was awash with threads about the “1%”, it’s a common theme throughout ATS where we discuss the “Elite” and their “Agenda”. There is lots of talk of an elitist New World Order who amass wealth and power to squash the little guy. To me trump is the perfect embodiment of this spectre, a man who only seems to be interested in amassing wealth and power for his on personal gain to me Trump is no better than a Rothschild, Winsor the Bush family and so on.

Perhaps so and may be true, however I like the fact that Trump is the only candid that has not been bought by all the Lobbyist, so he owes them nothing.

Trump is not controlled by appointed handlers to be politically correct.

I like the idea that Trump is throwing a wrench in the globalist agendas whatever they may be.

Personally I think Trump may not make a good President and lacks the political skills. However we can look at the bright side of Trump and admit the man can negotiate any kind of business deal and can get things done. Trump is well known for his managers skills of running big projects and can be very difficult to work with, Trump is very demanding to say the lease.

I just love the idea that Trump is upsetting both sides of the the political spectrum by throwing his hat in the ring because he can.

Yes, Trump is egotistical, very braising, unprofessional, needs a hair piece, and most of all, he doesn't care who's feelings he hurts.

You just have to love to hate the man.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's really simple.

People are fed up with politicians and Washington and the status quo. Trump is different. He's new. He says what's on peoples minds but they're too afraid to say aloud. Trump being in the 1% isn't relevant. Every person running is in the same group.

People are tired of the same old and the choices are:
1. Elect another one of the same old people (Rubio, Clinton, Sanders, Bush, etc)
2. Elect someone wildly different and take that chance.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I totally agree with all of your points. I don't dislike the guy - and he is certainly free of the 'hand that feeds him' - needing none of that. Very refreshing, really!!!!

Yep, he's definitely upset the apple cart...... LOL!! ..... but honestly I think it's more of a media stunt than a genuine "run." I agree that he wouldn't make a good POTUS, though.......

it's so hard for me to even 'entertain' the idea that he could be serious (or that TPTB are serious about him, rather than inserting a canary into the coal mine).........

but, like my 25-year old son said at Christmas:

"I'm gonna vote for him just to see what happens."
Gotta admit - it sure would be good fodder for Late-Night entertainment. But -

but - how would the rest of the world receive it? o_O (Not well, imo.)

(Mexico has no money to pay for the gilded wall, you know....)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join