It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone on ATS support Trump??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Unfortunately, with politics in this country it comes down to "picking your poison", because zero options on either side are appealing, so what it comes down to is "who will f*** up the country the least over the next 4 years".... And sadly, this upcoming election, I have zero clue which party I'm going to go with, seeing as I'm a moderate... I really hate what the democratic party is offering up, and even though I disagree with Trump's delivery (in 99% of everything he does), I think he does occasionally make a decent point, he just is a little off base and isn't the best person for promoting these thoughts/ideas/changes...
edit on 13-1-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Thanks...lol

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kernalpanic

5. While I KINDA like Ted Cruz, I feel he's not as strong as Trump.

So, you gave the left and the right their pedigrees, and you're 'left' with Trump, who's a Republican....now...again, or now and again...er, I think.
Matter of small fact, he's either left, leaving or threatening to leave the GOP practically every time he opens his gub, that does not bear well for any presidency he may have as a Republican...er, that's if he is one? He's screwed himself before he even gets there. The Pressy needs to work with congress, who can have hissy fits too, witness the political shutdowns that Sunny jock instigated as speaker of the house during Obama's current tenure. I'ts going to be a madhouse up on the hill!
edit on 13-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Only #6 stands firm which is already enough to put him above Hillary. But this is exactly the double-edged sword...

1) he addresses Illegal Immigration

2) He addresses radical Islam head on

3) He addresses jobs and knows the importance.

4) He addresses Nationalism

5) He is a protest vote against the R & D establishment Mafia

1. by giving them green cards and force them to do hard labour on projects to expand his empire.

2. 24/7 surveliance on all that have anything to do with the religion

3. See #1. Yes he knows the importance

4. Oh God help us all...

5. Needs to eliminate his competition on his path to world domination.

The way I see it:

Trump = Sith lord,
Hillary = Sith apprentice

May the force be with us all...
edit on 13-1-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

And you are still a Right-Wing "extremist" in my view solely based on the language you used in that post. The important buzzwords and propaganda phrases were used and you know what they say, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck......
"The "GOP is a failure" because they are "Social Justice Warriors" that are "PC" and didn't mention anything about the "CAIR" "terrorists".

Who are you trying to fool? You talk just like them and believe just like them. I'm a partisan hack and you are a Right-Wing extremist.

Anyway, it's even more humorous that you say you are a Libertarian because that is exactly what the disgruntled ex-GOP'ers are calling themselves these days. The party isn't extreme enough for them, they are turning on each other and calling themselves Libertarians.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoinI have a question first of all. Why do people come down hard on others that have had successful business career? I do not care if Donald is a Billionaire or not. He is successful. That to me means he kind of knows what he is doing. I will vote for Donald, for three reasons. 1.) He is successful business man, his background will help the U.S. get back to a better place. 2.) He is not a career politician. Those career politicians have done nothing to keep as strong, and healthy. 3.) I like it when he tells it like it is. I am fed up with political correctness. We need someone that will not pussy foot around. I do not care if he is gruff or not. He reminds me of some strong military leaders like General H. Norman Schwarzkopf.
edit on 1 13 2016 by Ceeker63 because: misspelled word

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think many people are supporting him for the same reasons many are supporting Bernie Sanders. They are seeking to shift away from career politicians, and the corruption which seems to be inherent in those positions.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wonder, does anyone actually believe he could force Mexico to build a 1300 mile long wall at their border like he claimed he would do?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm no Trump fan. Even less of a Hillary or Bernie fan.

In fact, I pretty much hate everyone.

If I had to (upon threat of physical harm) come up with a reason to not reject Trump out of hand, it would be one thing - his kids.

It's an accomplishment for a fabulously wealthy and famous guy to have kids and not have at least one of them go off the rails, or at least ending up total slackers.

They all still work for him, and I've never detected a whiff of anything but support and devotion out of them. That ain't just the money. If anything, the money will likely cause issues you wouldn't otherwise have.

They all seem to be well adjusted, no criminal or egregious aberrant behavior, were good students, work hard, and support their dad. Even after a nasty divorce from their mother.

There's something to be said for that, right there. IMO.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sure he is not a career politician

But a lot of right wingers on ATS are clearly xenophobic anti Muslim and anti immigration and Donald Trump represents their views, and that's why he has a lot of support.

The "he speaks his mind" thing is just used as a veil that they can hide behind

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Sure he is not a career politician

But a lot of right wingers on ATS are clearly xenophobic anti Muslim and anti immigration and Donald Trump represents their views, and that's why he has a lot of support.

The "he speaks his mind" thing is just used as a veil that they can hide behind

Trump supports Trump.

If you're in his favor you can ride his band wagon. If you try to express an independent thought that differs from his, he'll dump you off.

Great guy.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

lol! Yes, if he is anything like what he is exhibiting on his televised campaigns, he will have fired his vice-president and cabinet secretaries the first month. NOBODY crosses Donald Trump! The first time the "First dog" has an accident on the white house floor, it's off to the shelter! He has NO tolerance for frustration or disobedient people (or dogs). lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Wow that is one point About Trump that I never considered. Hmm, that speaks a lot about him. Personally I am not really A Trump fan, let alone supporter but he has changed the landscape of this election. Otherwise with the exception of Carson, all we have on the field are career politicians. Oh yay more nonsense from the peanut gallery. Hilary has been nothing but a opportunist. Moving to NY so she could run for office in a state that is often on the national radar. Sanders??? How long has he been in office? He strikes me as the negative of Ron Paul, long time in office with lots of faux outrage over how the establishment works. As for the R side, Bush
, Cruz I actually do like but he hasn't found his stride, Rubio hasn't impressed, Carson I like him as a person but I don't see leadership in him. As for the B-listers, well they have little appeal and seem to be in it either as a pander to a voting bloc or just having a over-inflated sense of their own ability [ Christie]. Now Trump is not my preferred candidate but he is actually directing the national conversation instead of following the narrative. Lets face it we have had worse candidates that got elected.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So in other words he does not carry unneeded baggage and negativity that he can blame all of his or the countries problems on? Sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how he would react when he can't fire those he doesn't like in the goverment.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I respectfully disagree, regarding the 'Pressy', whatever that refers to, needing to work with Congress. Or even the notion of what it needs for him to be 'successful'. To me at this juncture there is no point pretending things work the way we think they are supposed to.

The game is rigged:

the no look bill passes on both sides
the above the law attitude and exemptions to laws they give everyone else
the obvious rejection of things by the people like CISPA only for them to keep trying to sneak it through the door
everyone is bought and sold by lobbyists

It goes on and on. Either they get on board with the will of the people as to the issues already raised should Trump get in office, or he may start tearing stuff and/or people down. Who cares what the normal perception of how things should be is. We need someone to come along and kock it all down...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

People vote for selfish reasons.

How would it benefit me?
What do I get out of it?

People support Trump because they see a benefit for themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Most people(60%?) fall within a personality trait that just adores authoritarian daddy figures, that & 30 percent of humanity are essentially functionally retarded.

K~

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I wonder, does anyone actually believe he could force Mexico to build a 1300 mile long wall at their border like he claimed he would do?

HA!, no. It's funny, Most really aren't going to take the time to understand his mindset, but he spelled it out in his book. In a negotiation, you start by asking for something huge and ridiculous, so when it comes to compromise, what you actually get is exactly what you wanted in the first place. If you watch his strategy, that's exactly what he is doing. And it's working. He get's free press every time his mouth opens, and most of the time when his opponents mouth opens. Hillary finally found a tiny clue and stopped responding to him, but the damage is already done. (and hopefully she will be in a square cell instead of an oval office.)

Trump may be a lot of things, but dumb isn't one of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: miss_sky

You're crazy if you think Sander fans will vote for Clinton. Sanders is getting most of his support from Independants who would rather vote for Gary Johnson than Trumpm or Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join