It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would anyone on ATS support Trump??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Simple answer that needs no elaboration but requires some insight:

Trump's support is directly tied to the horror the Obama administration has wrought upon the country if not world. And that Clinton moll and even the utterings of Sanders is helping display the outrage of most Americans of either party.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Islamophobia
Bigotry
Lacking of an understanding of HOW THE WORLD WORKS

There are 3 possible reasons I can think of.

This sums it up kind of nicely as well (for non-Trump voters at least):

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why would anyone on ATS support trump?

First of all, ATS is not some predetermined political-leaning website where everyone is properly indoctrinated to vote for this person or the next. If one reads the threads here, it is pretty doggone clear that not everyone likes Trump, or Hillary, or Cruz, or Sanders.

Second, every US citizen is a human being and every human being is as unique as their fingerprints; they are individuals, not robots. If they don't agree with ones politics... it's not their fault. In fact, there's no fault except in expecting everyone to agree with what one thinks... especially when it comes to politics, more especially in an election year.

Hope that helps

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My take on Trump is basically his wealth is dependent on a strong middle class. His businesses are service and entertainment based. If. The economy is doing well for poor and middle class, his businesses stand to gain. So the non 1%ers should benefit from his economic policies as his companies will gain from their betterment.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Seems like the only real person in the bunch. Which doesn't say too much for our choices,when Trump is the most "real", but says a lot about our other choices.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Seems quite interesting that quite a few of you are saying he is basically the best of a bad bunch.

Which i get, really i do.

However would it then not be better to abstain from voting in that case?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Why would anyone not support him?

What you've described could be said of any candidate.

I don't know anything about him, so I can't say yay or nay.

Do you know what his economic policies are? I don't.

All I know is he said something about temporarily banning Muslims from entering the US.

Could that be the reason behind your question?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I am not Islamophobic, but I do for a fact know that the public face of many Muslims is not their private face. I know this factually and quite personally.

Your average person cannot know which ones might be trustworthy and which ones might just want to kill you, until you are dead. Plus, they protect their own. How many interviews from the families of terrorists have said things like "I know he supported Alqaeda (or ISIS), or we knew he went to fight for ISIS ect, but we had no idea he would do something like this!"

Okay, here is your sign, if someone joins up with ISIS, terrorism is the name of the game, yet, most Muslims, even moderate ones, see supporting ISIS or al-Qaeda as good things and have yet to start calling the FBI at the first signs of such rampant extremism coming from their family members.

So, which ones are good and which ones are bad? 99% of non-Muslims will never ever be able to tell. What I do know for a fact, is that men of fighting age who are unwilling to fight ISIS in their own country have not one thing to offer my country. If they wont take a stand, even to death, for their homes and their families, then they just aren't worth my time to try and figure out who is good and who is bad, and the bad are quite adept at hiding who they are from everyone.

They have problems in their own countries they need to solve, and running away wont and doesn't solve even one thing. When they decide to stand, let them stand in their country fighting for their land. Not my problem.

I don't agree with closing the borders to only Muslims, I think they need closed period, to all immigration right now. We are at war, it is a silent war, it is gorilla war, it is against anyone who is not for the same things they are. It can pop up anytime, in any place. A Muslim can pretend to be a Mexican immigrant the same as they can pretend to be Christian, and we have enough problems in this country at current moment, we don't need problems piled on problems. Close the borders, fix the economy, get Americans working first.

Rather us work than have welfare. Rather not give welfare to people who are not our own.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Abstaining from voting (if one still believes their vote counts) would ensure the victory of Hillary which a lot would consider the worst of two evils.

They would be effectively handing her the election on a silver platter.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

So if Hillary was not to be nominated it may change your vote?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Because he is not a career politician spewing the same drivel that is put in front of the US election cycle after election cycle. We are stuck with the lesser of the two evils regardless so lets get one that might actually do something interesting for a change. It can't get much worse than what hope and change has already done, so lets do this thing already!

Youre right, instead he is a giant, megalomaniac , real estate tycoon spouting the same drivel that is put in front of the US election cycle.

Love Love
AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Absolutely. In all my years of voting my mind has remained open until I pulled the lever casting my vote (now it is computerized). I have gone in on more than one occasion still debating between two candidates. I don't vote party lines and have voted for republicans, democrats, and independents, so that leaves me some room in most cases.

I feel like I want the best person for the job regardless of which party they are affiliated with. Were Hillary to drop from the race, my options would be far more open.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
People tend to delude themselves they have some form of control over their government . They exercise this 'control' by voting (putting x's in little boxes). That isn't really controlling anything but we insist we participate and make a difference.

Putting aside like you said the us and them, 1 percent and 99 percent theories and all for a moment, the politicians aren't' really the 1 percent, they are just the mouth pieces for them, the gofers, the errand boys, the orators. They represent those behind the curtain.

Heaping denial upon denial we need to reinforce our delusions of choice and control so we take sides, associate ourselves with our candidate, defend them, argue amongst ourselves who the best is, in a crescendo of election noise leading up to the selection of another puppet.

Thats a lot easier than actually doing anything about the broken system of government. That would interfere with our daily struggle to survive and our leisure time.

Kind of like when people are asked what religion they are, they'll tell you what their belief is pretty quickly, but don't actually participate much, like going to church or praying. When was the last time you went to a political rally, volunteered to help?

That would interfere with our continuing struggle to survive and our leisure time.

So we 'participate' and make our x's in little boxes.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why would anyone on ATS support trump?

To me trump is the perfect embodiment of this spectre, a man who only seems to be interested in amassing wealth and power for his on personal gain.

That's pretty much all you need to know. As well as that he appears to me to be very insecure, having to remind people that he's 'famous'.
Who needs a Pressy like that? more to the point, WTF is going to advise him if he's the sort to take a hissy every fart's end. Quite frankly, I think he's already on the road to the 'funny farm', (see what I did there? absence PC)...so it would be a travesty, (AKA, a huge embarrassment) if he needed to be carted off in the little black van in the middle of his Presidency.
In a couple of words, don't touch him with a bargepole...he's a nutter!

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That was always my feeling. We continue to complain about the 1% and how they influence our representatives. Yet some here still support him. He even said during the first debate he donated money to most of the candidates that were on the stage for political favors. Now he says he wants to eliminate it? Yea right!

I can't believe how the average American can remotely think this guy can relate to the daily struggles of hard working citizens. His egotistical and brash way of speaking clearly shows he thinks he's better than everyone else. It's ridiculous to think he's going to make sure he or his corporate buddies are going to pay their fair share in taxes is a joke. He's going to have to remove all those loopholes in the tax system too, not just raise taxes on the rich.

However, it really doesn't surprise me much that average hard working people support him. A lot of people in this country, even those that are just getting by, continue to defend the same policies that keep them from improving their own lives. They think billionaires and multi-millionaires shouldn't have to give back to their hard working employees who helped make them successful. Without workers their businesses can't generate income. Trickle down economics has proven that nothing trickles down. A diminishing middle class certainly proves that.

Billionaires like the Walmart family have to be pressured to raise the hourly rate of their workers. They surely are not doing it because their grateful for the hard work of their employees. Raising their workers pay by only $5 an hour will not exactly put a dent into their billion dollar nest egg.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

For the same reasons people re-elected Obama.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm not sure a man like that with access to nuclear weapons is the best idea. I doubt the man takes criticism and dissent easily, so any level of compromise seems unlikely.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Trump is running as a populist, which has a long tradition in the US. Although technically he is in the 1%, he doesn't much act like it and further, the real 1% don't like him. He is, after all, "New Money," and that should give you a clue.

Look at it this way: It's kind of like if the Marquess of Bath were to run for Prime Minister. Your aristocracy in Great Britain can't stand him, but he has a certain popular appeal, though he is very definitely "Old Money" in Britain. For those of you who do not know about the Marquess of Bath, by all means look him up. He's quite a character.

As you can see in this thread, the left-leaning ATS crowd is quick to call him names and suggest anyone who does support him is somehow retarded, but calling people "phobic" of one kind or another is a cheap shot easily done and does not suggest these people have any higher IQ than a Trump supporter. That is also a typical left-wing response, to call the opposition "stupid."

And, no, sitting out the election is not an option.

And if Hillary were not the nominee, yes, it might change things. But the Dems better move fast if they want that because they are fast-approaching a line of no return. Sanders is a left-wing darling, but he can't win a general election. But if Biden stepped in, who knows? I think he could clearly beat Trump.
edit on 1/13/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Trump, like the political system, is a joke. They go hand in hand.

I find some of his rants mildly amusing (I know, how illiterate of me), and that's what politicians are for.

Entertainment so those dbags you mentioned in the OP are unimpeded in their game of bending the world over..

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
... although as a Brit ...

No offense, I visit England twice yearly, and that probably has a lot to do with it. The Media bias there is unbelievable. To my fellow Americans, If you think your Media is left-leaning, you have no idea until you go across the pond.

With that said, Trump offers many Americans what they've been asking for, for seems like generations. Someone who will say it like it is, not pull any punches, and put America First.

As to being "one of the elite" I think you'd find it interesting to know that the "Elite" actually hate Trump. He's not Old Money, he's New Money and they look at him like they would a NFL Wide Receiver, Not a Old money real rich person but a "New money, lucky scum" type of person. The fact the establishment and the media are doing everything in their power to try and derail his campaign, proves as much.

When the Media and conventional wisdom tell you something, the opposite is true.

They absolutely love Obama, and they absolutely hate Trump. That alone speaks volumes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join