It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ticks Suck... blood!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Spiders, flies, even icky centipedes, I can handle and will gently get them out of the house. When it comes to Ticks, I HATE them! What purpose do they serve?!?
My poor cat gets them sometimes and I use the twist and gently pull method of extraction and have had excellent success in removing the entire head and body.
So, just a little while ago I felt a pain on my right side near my shoulder. Damn Tick! They hurt like heck! I successfully removed it and am saving it for analysis. Now I have to worry about Lymes!
If it wasn't for having to remove them from my cat over the years, I would have freakin' called 911. The first time I ever had one latch on to me, I freaked out and couldn't handle it. luckily at the time, I had a boyfriend rescue me.
I can understand the purpose of some bugs existence, but Ticks suck! Blood!
I Hate Ticks!
The spot the tick was at is all purple and sore now.
I was angry, ranted and now a little bummed but feel better, so thanks for reading ATS

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Do you flea and tick preventative on your cats? You might want to look into that, getting them off your pets is a good first step in getting them out of your yard, and getting them out of your yard reduces the chance they make it into the house.

Do you live in a brushed area? If so, keep grass cut and lawn treatments current. There's some good yard treatment that you can use too that's safe for animals that will help keep them out.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo I used to put the drops on back of my cats neck, but decided against all the chemicals. We use a cat shampoo on him now that has natural essential oils to keep fleas and ticks away. He hasn't been allowed outside for longer than ten minutes a day lately (long story) and I took him out today in my yard that is kept up by the landlords gardeners.
I'll have to look into something for the yard that keeps ticks away. Thank you for the advice. I was in the yard with my cat for only a short bit and did not see a tick coming!
Oh, and after I found the nasty bugger on me I did a full inspection on my cat, he's all good.
Thanks again for advice and the reply.

edit on 13-1-2016 by peppycat because: auto correct

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
There is an awesome Vet's Best brand of flea and tick spray that are carried in pet store chains that is all natural and does an awesome job of eliminating fleas and ticks too. That may also be something to look in to. Last I checked a 32 oz bottle was something along the lines of $25.

Was a common question at my old job.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo That's good to know! Thanks.
One of these days, my cat will be allowed to go back out on his own and I'll have to check out the Vet's Best because there are also a lot of deer around... wherever my cat goes, I hate that he ever gets ticks because they hurt!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I had a tick in my chest after a week in the rain forest a couple of years back.

I remember scratching my chest, feeling something on there and looking down to see six little legs and a black bum sticking out of my chest.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Please don't twist them...just pull them slowly out.

Twisting may cause their sweet little heads to break off and become infectious.

Here in N.Germany we have loads but they don't carry any nasty disease.

Yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
so.... you got a thing about blood? theres some plants that will repel fleas but i do not know how they work with ticks

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
We have to pick fleas and ticks off our dog every day..

Its a damn scavenger hunt.

The city in which we live is quite filthy. The pitiful excuses of parks around where I live are unkept and many people dont clean up after there dogs....and then there are strays...

3rd world lovelyness.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hopefully it wasn't a Lonestar Tick.

I hear they can pass on a bacteria that makes you allergic to meat.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Try this. I use it on mine and it works pretty well. I don't like to use a broad spectrum pesticide on my yard, because I don't want to kill ALL the bugs. I have a HUGE amount of night crawlers in my yard, which is good for the soil [ and when I go fishing ] and some bugs are beneficial to my grass and garden, so I just want to get rid of the fleas and ticks.

thegardenstore.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Go and get a shot of anti-biotics ASAP. About this time last year something bit me on the hand - I don't know what it was, I just woke up with a bite one morning.

I didn't think anything of it - I'm always getting bit - but this time I was in real trouble and didn't realise it.

I've since found out that an anti-biotic shot within about a week of the bite might have saved me from what I've been through since. I won't bore you with all the details, but I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Well, except the little bastard who owes me money...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Diatomaceous earth. You can get large bags at some agricultural stores, around 40 or 50 lbs.
it's a fine powder, so be careful you or your cat don't inhale any.

I've heard that it can be mixed for wet spraying, but it will kill all bugs, good and bad. But if the ticks are really bad, it might be an option to spray all around the edges of the yard periodically, it's safe for animals to ingest, just bad for cold blooded creatures like bugs.

It'll kill bees too, so keep it away from anything that flowers.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hate ticks. They always go straight for my scrotum. I dust around my ankles with powdered sulfur when I go in the woods in summer. It does a good job of repelling them.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike I'm gonna call the doctors office asap. I'll as about antibiotic shot thank you!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit I have actually put that on my cat. It dries out the fleas. I'll have to pick some up. There is a store nearby that sells it in bulk. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7 Never heard of that kind of tick. I'm gonna have it analyzed. I'm not ready to become a vegetarian!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket ticks are no good nasty huggers! I hate when I go to kiss my cats head or cheek and my lips touch a fat one! I usually do an inspection on my cat when he comes from outside, but he has a lot of fur and sometimes I don't get them right away.

top topics

join