It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking’s Face Took Over Times Square with This Cryptic Message and No One Knows Why

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
Yeah, well, there's no accounting for craziness.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Whatever the numbers are, they seem to be working on you all as they were designed...

Fools...

It's an advertisement, obviously, if you care beyond that... well, you have no life.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking is saying;" The messiah is coming.

Book of Exodus 19:4 - Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

Book of Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

I gave you the answer now figure out the rest

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
come on guys, don't you have better decoding ideas? I already listed four, not entirely mine.

Now I will list another one: 48 instead of hours could be 48 days or even months of alien presence on earth AFTER the initial contact. They need time to accommodate with us.
11 and 16 are apparently the date, that itself should be interpreted, as short term (next week) or as long term.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

we are still waiting for evidence this is real

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Still no word from the advertising company.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
11-16-2048
Alien contact

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Whatever the numbers are, they seem to be working on you all as they were designed...

Fools...

It's an advertisement, obviously, if you care beyond that... well, you have no life.

So what is life? Oh.. I get it.. another self-important person who claims they know the meaning of life, and as such, can distinctly tell others when they are wasting their own on "trivial" things. News flash.. people do trivial things all the time to break up the monotony of "life," and I think it's funny people think they are wise enough to tell others when they "waste" their time on things that intrigue them.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
one of the best mathematicians of are time!
and you say the numbers are the lottery?
I think its a little harder than that.

hmm what did he say about aliens?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a simple search of 48 16 11 shows psalm 48..stubborn israel..16 .. and the sovereign lord has sent me.. and the 11 th word is announcement..
note the little logo at the bottom, branded cities dot com... in arizona... another viral marketing gang. i think most of the hits on the search are about a remington mod 48 shotgun, but the other numbers are out of order. now take it easy, just a guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Esteemed colleagues,

You will be happy to know that I am here now, I am on the job, so have no fear. I will take care of this problem, surely. In fact I may or may not be on to something, but having crunched the numbers all day long now, I have concluded with absolute certainty that by adding 1 to the numbers, we come up with an extraordinarily new set of numbers 49, 12, and 17…fascinating!

But reality, its in NYC and he isn't even American. So it may be a local code. I know people who know NYC give addresses by saying something like, "Taxi! Eight at sixth and fourteen please!" That's a guess which may not make sense but you know what I mean. So any New York people able to say where this would be in Yorktalk? Isn't 48 where Time Square IS!?!? Or Broadway?

PS are wenmissing a piece? Look at reflection at top, same color different image?
edit on 1/16/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
48 (times) (square) 16 11 = 48 * 4 11 (not sure how to plug in 11 here)

48 (times) 16 (square) 11 = 48 * 16^11

48 (times) 16 (times) 11 (squared) = (48 * 16 * 11)^2 or if order of ops is followed (48 * 16 * (11^2))

Not sure what any of these number combinations could mean, but perhaps the reason the ad was placed in Times Square was not due to the exposure, but due to the name of the location?

Just thinking out loud...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well...I'm a graphic artist and while I wouldn't bet the house on it, this sure looks shopped. Just a general taste from the image, the light and shadows. Nothing hard...just my vote.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Quite simply,this was posted for all to see as the answer to a question. The question? How to keep a group of conspiracy theorists busy for days....

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

That's cute.

You started off with a tone that seemed like you were going to disagree with me, but then you ended up actually agreeing with me.

Yes, this is trivial, and yes you do it because your life is monotony, and trivial things intrigue you. In the end, it is a waste of your time (life).

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Maybe the numbers are coordinates. I also read on some other site that CERN has some publication with those numbers but who knows?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So, I kept track of this to see if anything came of it. I too emailed the owner of the digital billboard/building, never got a reply.

However, I came across THIS TWITTER. You can see they posted another pic of Hawking on the screens. I thought it was the same pic uncropped. However, you can SEE HERE the the angle is different.

On the twitter page, you can go to a new website to see a trailer for a new show starring Hawing called appropriately,"Genuis by Stephen Hawking." It looks interesting and fun. Scroll down THIS PAGE to watch the video.

More info on the premise can be found at THIS PBS link.

Bigger Bang TV's Ben Bowie also TWEETED from his account.

So, if anybody else was still wondering, the pic was authentic......though, still no idea about the meaning of the numbers. Or, has this already been solved for real? (Link for explanation if you found the meaning!)
edit on 14-2-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

nothing you posted actually does anything to confirm its veracity

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well, OK. It is definitely true that it doesn't confirm anything, but...

Ben Bowie, cofounder of Bigger BangTV -a company making a new series with Hawking, tweeted a second picture taken from a different location. The photo linked back the company's website including a trailer for it.

So, yes, it isn't necessarily 100% proof that the original photo was real or even that the photo is about the new show, but dang, sue me for wondering about an apparent moronic, unfathomable leap of my imagination.

It IS a fact that the co-founder of the company that made a new PBS series about Hawking tweeted the second photo of the images in Time Square. I guess it might very well mean he photoshopped a 2nd photo and is inexplicably using that second image to promote the new, unconnected series.

You'd think they would have just used the original fake pic or better yet, simply had somebody make official promotional materials to, I dunno, use for billboards in Time Square maybe.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join