It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking’s Face Took Over Times Square with This Cryptic Message and No One Knows Why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The connection has timed out

The server at 48.16.11 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The font of the numbers looks the same as the font of the numbers in that one cryptic video

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I still very much believe this is a photoshopped hoax and I have contacted Branded Cities via email to enquire about it. I'll update if they respond.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I can't picture Stephen Hawking being a part of some kind of scam or wasteful silliness so my curiosity is indeed... piqued.

Of course I could totally be wrong and he may like to party in tuxedo tshirts. Who knows?

Someone will figure it out I'm sure! Too bad he's part of it or he could help out a bit. Speed up the process.

Exactly...the guy most likely to be able to correlate the numbers to a useful answer is the guy hiding it. If this goes away without answers eventually, I don't know what I'll do, but it will probably involve an overly dramatic, "'Damn you, Stephen Hawking...(shake fist at sky)...Daaaaaammmmnnn yoooooooou!"

Also, you get a star for being the 2nd example I've ever seen on ATS of the proper spelling/usage of "piqued!"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
16th November 1948 (11 16 48) - Operation Magic Carpet - 1st plane from Yemen carrying Jews to Israel

which might have had something to do with UN security Council Resoluion 62 - here

it could be a short code for a bible passage?
It could be anything...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

rather a newcoming event that the illuminati or their friends, or their enemies, want us to know. I care little how much photoshopped that image is. Perhaps it is not photoshoped at all.

IT IS A MESSAGE ANYWAY. In a controlled information society such coincidences are messages.
It remains to decode not only the numbers but the message itself.

Some people argue about much less credible messages in codes in cartoon movies, illuminati cards, etc. Here it is on Times square. Even if it is faked that I disbelieve such interpretation. We were told sequence of numbers that are most likely a date.

The first date is 11 days after the message appeared on Jan 11. The last date is 48 days later that is almost Feb 29, BUT it is already denied by the article itself (so they know something!). To count those 48 days from beginning of the year, frankly who of you is doing that? Nobody! We count in months and days, not in full days from beginning of calendar. Moreover, we almost forgot the New Year's Eve. Another version is to contemplate 11/16 at the end of the year. Too far away to be remembered at all.

The article also said, Hawking published his next science article about Black Holes on that date (Jan 11). He is the man who will give the most precise answer as where the conspiracy ends and the real case scenario starts. As where the sci-fi ends and the science fact starts. Even if he is faked now, he might be the chosen one to give that answer. And that's why we get the message with him. Because we get a coded message, not necessarily on Times Square but surely in the internet space. Do we understand the code?

Almost all of the posts who try to decipher it discuss dates. So it is a mass awareness the anticipation of a DATE or very short period of time (48 hours) for a landmark event to turn the scales and change the life the way we know it, forever. Good or bad event? I hope it is a good event. Astrophysics involved, since Hawking is astrophysicist. Let everyone make his own prognosis of what kind of event might be so earnestly expected, long before 2012, and before 2000. Now we are with 16 years closer to it.
edit on 13-1-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I can't picture Stephen Hawking being a part of some kind of scam or wasteful silliness so my curiosity is indeed... piqued.

Thats because you've been made to believe hes somehow inhuman or above the rest of us. Hes just a normal person.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Please do not take this serious but if that's the case I would try 5; 21; 22; 27; 32; and 43. Its the most basic combinations from 11; 16; 48. I also do not know if you must have 6 numbers below 50 in your country.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

IP addresses come in sets of 4 ...192.168.100.102...something like that. You only have three there. Interesting approach though.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just because someone got a picture of Stephen Hawking's face doesn't mean he is involved... also, my personal opinion is that they are winning lottery numbers!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hasn't Hawking been associated with a distaste for AI of late? Wonder if that's of any help here.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've been trying all day to make a "23" product of these numbers. I have yet to be able to do it!

It's gotta' be in there somewhere!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
On the 11th of January, Alabama (football) won their 16th championship....

That is all I got. (Roll Tide)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

This is the good stuff I love most about ATS! Excellent post! Now I'm going to get busy and see what I can find.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Any other confirmation? A few things stand out to me making me think this is just bored photoshopping.

Couldn't find any other info out there mate, if it's a hoax then it's a pretty lame one (are people really that bored?) - suppose it could be viral marketing as it's certainly got people discussing it - maybe that's the whole point.

Stephen Hawking Code 48, 16,11 Meaning Revealed? The Internet Is Abuzz With Funny Theories

Hope it doesn't go the way of the Nazi gold train, the Ebola nurse relapse or El Chapo declaring war on Isis (and is in fact complete bollocks - link).

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

before asking what it means - first ask - is it real ?

Yes, hence the prefix apparently.

Suppose your advice could also apply to many of the official UFO explanations many people mindlessly swallow.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I have contacted Branded Cities via email to enquire about it. I'll update if they respond.

Good stuff Atsbhct and I suppose I should have done that before posting the thread.

originally posted by: Qumulys

Seeing as Stephen Hawking has appeared in quite a few comedic type roles, I think he's ok with a little light hearted humour about his condition. Trust me, it's far more depressing being around people who constantly try and tippy-toe there way around my chair. My family sticks the boot into me any chance they can for a laugh. Heck, even my dog plays chasey with me to get his ball, then runs up about three steps just out of reach and sits there to taunt me!

Best way to be mate and I salute you for it - you're also not wrong about Mr Hawkings having quite a cheeky sense of humour.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
To question the photo as photoshop, it is not entirely impossible, but it is absurd having in mind things like conspiracy spread on internet and the so called "plausible deniability" option for those who would not accept it.

Instead, the other version of a cryptic message with a date to come, is much more realistic. Because we are in the period everyone expects something big to happen, and it happens indeed around the world but not on the pace expected.

If it were to be announcement in advance, as short as 11 days in advance, or 1 month, it would be given in that way. To be denied by the multitudes, to avoid widespread panic.

So keep denying it, you help the world to await its fate without knowing it in advance.

Why don't the office of Hawking deny it, or the office that arranges the billboards on Times Square? It is a costly add if true, isn't it? By now, it is already posted throughout internet, so they should care if it is really a bad joke. What a joke, OMG. Numbers that a cretin-professional photoshoper would do in his free time for nothing in return? Can't imagine it!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
cicada 3301 anyone?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Azureblue

Interesting. Very.

What a 'bizzaro' concept...will the real Stephen Hawking please stand up (errr...something).

There is a side by side pic of the two Stephen Hawking's floating around on the net somewhere.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

No one is denying it because it's barely left Reddit. No one else seems to have seen it save for one person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join