It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech, Donald Trump Style

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: snypwsd

You quoted me and stated christian values, that is where the mis-interpretation happened.

As far as America being a christian nation? Well one of the few times I'll refer to NLBS as a source, here ya go
link

like I said on paper america is secular, but in real life it is not.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The American populace may largely indentify as Christain are one of the like eight billion sects of it, but America as a whole and more specifically The Framers and Founders of the Consitution were actually largely Agnostic/Deist/Pantheistic at the time.

Thomas Jefferson rarely spoke of God, but insisted of a "Supreme Creator," and it very explicitly states in the Consitution that no religious test is required for any seat or office.

I am not of any religion, but don't get it confused... America is not a "Christain Nation." Those who say we are, or that we should be are called Theocrats.

As for the saying "God Bless America," and "In God We Trust," that, my friend, is called propoganda.

You ever notice how people say, "support the troops," and never, "support our foreign policy?" That's propoganda.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

You quoted me and stated christian values, that is where the mis-interpretation happened.

As far as America being a christian nation? Well one of the few times I'll refer to NLBS as a source, here ya go
link

I must be living the wrong real life, then.

I'm not trying to slam on you, man - I'm not about "Murica!," and I'm trying to help you see the facts on this.

America is not a Christain Nation, and yes - an Athiest can hold office/run for President. However, most people assume the lack of a belief in a diety (Athiesm) to be the belief of essentially nothing (Nihilism). A Muslim, can hold office. It makes no difference and the Consitution explicitly states that, as the Framers of the Consitution were primarily not "religious," in the traditional sense of the word.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

and thats what i said earlier. the founding fathers did not want it to be a religous nation. hence why i said on paper it is a SECULAR country. but in real life it is a VERY christian

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

link

The only "on paper" religious lawmaking is governers trying to pass "religious freedom" acts of law. Those same laws also conflict with discrimination laws, hence why the SCOTUS has ruled the way it has, every time.
edit on 13-1-2016 by Vector99 because: misused secular by mistake

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20251062]RomeByFire[/po

I dont think your trying to bash me, im just having a conversation and hoping others are doing the same. the reason I said an athiest will never be president is because most people dont trust Athiests. somthing about us not believing in mythology makes athiests untrustable. There was a poll that came out (anecdotal evidence as I cant remember the exact poll at this moment) last year where americans were asked if the would vote for a president that wasnt christian, then they were given a list of religions to chose from, Athiesm was dead last in the poll behind islam.

yes an athiest can be president, but come on do you really think they would vote for an athiest? I am not ignorant on the issue.

Everything is about god down south, Canada IS a christian nation and up here Christianity is not thrown in your face left right and center. I for one am not christian or religious at all, I do respect peoples right to believe what they want. but like you Im trying to help you see the facts in this as well. Even the pledge of allegiance mentions god.

I am not trying to offend you or anyone else. I have said throughout this thread that on paper the states is secular as thats what your founding fathers wanted, but that is not how america acts and creates laws now. this is coming from an outside perspective.

The closest thing to an athiest president the states ever had is trump, even though i despise him with every ounce of my soul. why is that you say.. Every christian can mention one line or a quick summary of a story in the bible, hell even us atheists can aswell, but when questioned on the bible Trump couldnt recite anything, if I remember correctly he said he liked all the tales. (i was paraphasing of course) but he couldnt remember a single part of the bible even though the dude says he has the worlds greatest memory lol
edit on 34116p33413 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Soon political dissidents will be applying for asylum in other countries

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Bla ck Lives Matter Protesters Thrown Out of Hillary Event in Atlanta

That said, it happens. If you go to an event with the intention of disrupting that event then you will get thrown out. Trump publicizes it, negative publicity is the same as positive, both keep your name in the news and people talking about what you have to say.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Isn't every day you wake up alive an atheist holiday?

All kidding aside, people have a tendency to trust those who think more like themselves. So a buddist for instance may trust another buddist faster than they would a christian for instance. The majority of the country identifies as a christian, whether practicing or not, that is a good majority - enough so that saying you are a christian adds more of that 'familiar person trust factor ' to a larger percentage of the country.

However, we have a nation to run, and no one expects any man's faith to come into play when it comes to political decision making and political stances. They are separate. Christianity is not like Islam, for instance, where the political realm is intertwined with the spiritual realm. For Christians, faith is completely separate from politics and political decision making. "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's" for the Christian, there is no intertwining of the two things.

Much of what the bible states it states concerning the relationship of the Christian to the Christian, and there is balance between allowing others to walk all over you and taking a stand. Sometimes, even as a Christian you have to stop being Mr. Nice Guy and stand up for yourself - in whatever way possible.

If you know history, you know that Israel at the time of Christ was ran by the Romans and Jews were second class citizens at best - with the Roman Empire simply trying to appease at times, but ruled with an iron fist. The Jews wanted a person who would lead them from this basic slavery they found themselves in, and fight the Romans. They didn't get that with Jesus - "My Kingdom is not of this world" but he did very passive protesting against being treated like second class citizens.

When a Roman soldier would slap a slave, they would do so with their left hand, indicating the status of the person being slapped, and Jews were slapped with the left hand - seen by the Romans, and treated by the Romans, as slaves. When Jesus said "when they slap you on the one cheek, offer them the other" which says, if you are going to slap me down, then do so as you would your equal - I am no slave. Because, if they slap you on the other cheek they must then use their right hand, and slap you as their would their fellow man. Its demanding respect first.

Jesus made a stand in the temple, got fairly well violent there. So, for the Christian, it is not called "walk all over me to death" it is, there is a time for both things, time for peace and time for war. So in saying that we are not acting like "good Christians" is simply trying to use our own faith - a faith most don't appear to know much about, nor understand all its complexities.

Therefore, it is better to address us as people, rather than idiots you can corral with religion to keep us peaceful when you want.

edit on 13-1-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Hillary "roping off reporters" mean anything?

I can't stand that hag, but if you want to compare last week there was a 17 page bitching and moaning thread about her all because she told an someone she wouldn't talk to them because they were rude.

Why does Trump get a pass?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

If you had read my other post and the rest of that post, you would know the answer to that question.

I will give you the short answer now, no!

If you want to know why, read all of my post in this topic because I am defending Trumps right to remove people from a private gathering.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

My apologies, I went back and re-read all.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Young Turks lean so hard on the dems they would fall flat on their faces without them, any political coverage should be taken with a grain of salt.

Cenk Uygur is also an Armenian Genocide denier who named his show after a group that was involved with the slaughter of millions of Armenians. It's the equivalent of a far-right conservative show calling themselves Hitler Youth and denying the Holocaust.

Blatant hypocrisy.
edit on 13-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The Young Turks lean so hard on the dems they would fall flat on their faces without them, any political coverage should be taken with a grain of salt.

Cenk Uygur is also an Armenian Genocide denier who named his show after a group that was involved with the slaughter of millions of Armenians. It's the equivalent of a far-right conservative show calling themselves Hitler Youth and denying the Holocaust.

Blatant hypocrisy.

Couldn't have said it better myself. TYT has zero credibility, I mean Thirdphaseofmoon is a more credible youtube channel. TYT could have been a good political platform on youtube if they would not be so blatant and positively biased towards liberals and communists.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You are confused about when and where you can have freedom of speech....

A private event at a paid location with preset rules makes this totally acceptable. Do you know how many people have been removed from Obama events? I will let you google it.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

These guys were just removed. But hey, let's jerk our knees.

Kicked out of Obama rally

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

There have been several Presidents and politicians to have people thrown out it's nothing new! Here's one of many examples.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I used to sub to TYT for a time but I just got tired of the overly leftist rhetoric of Cenk and his admiration of Hilary.
Now I take anything from TYT with a grain of salt and just laugh it off.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The amount of people who go distances just to brush off Trump's actions is sad, it truly is.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just for reference, the word is incite. The protesters were incited to be jerks at a private rally. Not in-sight. I believe that is a term used by marksman and periscope operators.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join