It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora contrail caught in comet photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So surfing Space.com a few moments ago I came across an article entitled: Corkskrew Meteor Mystery. This article is about a meteor trail that was caught in a 1986 photograph of Halley's comet. The trail left my the meteor is corkskrewed, and looks somewhat similar to the "doughnuts-on-a-rope" contrail left by the Aurora aircraft. The meteor went through at about one minute into the exposure, out of a two minute exposure photo.

Here's the image, the trail on top, with Halley's comet as the smudge below.

I have no doubt that this is a meteor trail, but I just thought it was similar to the Aurora contrail. Any thoughts though?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
First this is my first post as of yet.Nobody even knows if the aurora exist,second i highly doubt it was around back in 1986.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is a supposed Aurora contrail. You'll notice a bit of difference from the first posted pic. So I think the first pic does indeed show the path of a wobbly meteor.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Believe me man,i myself wanna believe the aurora exist.but there is never been submited proof of anything declassified or even a pic of a flight ever of this black project plane.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybydefault
Believe me man,i myself wanna believe the aurora exist.but there is never been submited proof of anything declassified or even a pic of a flight ever of this black project plane.
Why should we believe you? You haven't given us any proof denying it's existence yet.

Look if the Aurora did exist, it no longer does.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
All the plane must have been a model out off the back of a comic book magazine that you could buy.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
"Why should we believe you? You haven't given us any proof denying it's existence yet."

Better yet, why should we believe you? You don't have any proof that it exists -- or ever has.

If I say I came across the Little Purple Men from Arcturus swimming in my toilet-bowl, is it up to me so show some evidence that they were there -- or should I expect everyone to believe me until you can prove that they weren't there?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
"Why should we believe you? You haven't given us any proof denying it's existence yet."

Better yet, why should we believe you? You don't have any proof that it exists -- or ever has.

If I say I came across the Little Purple Men from Arcturus swimming in my toilet-bowl, is it up to me so show some evidence that they were there -- or should I expect everyone to believe me until you can prove that they weren't there?

1)You directed a question that was the main topic of my quote.
2)I only said that to direct attention away from the fact that there isn't enough proof that proves its existence.
3)Maybe there isn't enough because the government did such a good damn job of keeping it secret?
4)There are secrets in the world, the best we can do is hope for the best case scenario, that there is

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
IIRC, "Aurora" was the codename for the B-2 project. Ya, I wish the damn thing really existed.

(first post
)

[edit on 7/1/2005 by DeathAngel BR]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i wish i had a graphics program
so i could get a photo of a toilet and paint 3 silly little purple aliens from arcturus swimmin around in it

it would be a sweet picture lol

can anyone make one is it easy?
it would be nice
dont worry about quality, just slap somethng together for our entertainment

[edit on 8-1-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Please stay on topic

Thanks
FredT

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was just pointing out what I thought were similarities, that's all. The length of the exposure could have washed out the trail a bit. I just thought it was rather interesting how meteor trails can have spirals/loops like that as well. It was something I had never heard of, except in the Aurora contrails.

I'm indifferent about the Aurora craft though. I really have no objections to it existing or not.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What people seem to think, is that the Aurora Project refers directly to a single aircraft, where in fact the Aurora Project/s refers to many aircraft under a single branch of projects. It is very possible that the B-2 was reffered to as the Aurora.

As well as the TR-3A and TR-3B(which I'm sure exists).

There are many aircraft under this project because all these aircraft have to do with the single topic of research.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join