It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Creek fracking operation closed indefinitely after earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

A hydraulic fracturing operation near Fox Creek, Alta., has been shut down after an earthquake hit the area Tuesday.

The magnitude 4.8 quake was reported at 11:27 a.m., says Alberta Energy Regulator, which ordered the shutdown of the Repsol Oil and Gas site 35 kilometres north of Fox Creek.

Carrie Rosa, spokeswoman for the regulator, says "the company has ceased operations … and they will not be allowed to resume operations until we have approved their plans."

Rosa added the company is working with the energy regulator to ensure all environmental and safety rules are followed.

Now I'm not really caught up on fracking. I get the gist and from what little I know I think it's causing a lot of environmental harm. I know people protest the hell outta it. That said, an earth quake today may have been related to fracking, may. An investigation is underway and as you can see the fracking company is forced to halt their fracking until a conclusion is reached. Apparently there was a fracking related earthquake back in August.

What's your thoughts on fracking?
edit on 12-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Fracking has also been linked to earthquakes in Ohio and Oklahoma. As a matter of fact, there was a thread here yesterday about a fracking-linked quake in Oklahoma. I really think they should stop it. It's not worth the environmental damage.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh my, more troubles for Fox Creek?

Jebus, the suicide rate is already up 30% due to lay offs and such. I'm not surprised though, I'm glad they did the smart thing and put a stop to it.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like I should of stayed in Ontario.

Then you see the loonie. . . And Trudeau.

Then I think, well f#, doesn't matter where I go, economy and environment is turning to fracking crap everywhere.

I really wish money did not dictate what happens to the environment. ..

The deny ignorance part? Gaia feels every bit of that pain.... it's not good for mother earth to frack around and pollute. Humans don't think earth is conscious or feels.

We will learn the hardway, in the name of energy and money.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Again , as in another post , cant something be blamed on nature ? We are now blaming everything from volcanoes down to psoriasis and hemorrhoids on mankind and what we do. everyone does know earthquakes were already happening LONG before man arrived.

new topics

top topics

join