It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police seize dozens of stolen guns, body armor from Bellevue home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Case in point for more gun control like putting this guy in jail for 10 years for EACH gun he took.
17 guns x 10 = 170 YEARS.
That would be real gun control.

But likely he will only get less then 5 years for Burglary in the second degree and be right out doing it again.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

And that's the type of 'gun control' that I could support, though perhaps its more appropriately titled 'criminal control.' You're right, though. Rather than throw this guy under the jail, he'll be out again in a few years, doing the same things, all the while his actions fit neatly into the statistics that are used to promote restrictions against the rights of law-abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm going with black market supplier to middlemen. That statue has the feel of an antiquity of the type governments would not like to see out on the open market. Perhaps a special order?

Regardless, this is a wide variety of weapons and assorted hardware and looks to me to be more of the kinds of things you'd see a private security detail or assault force geared up with.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nice camera gear and lenses...

Because the camera/lenses and the Rolex were also stolen me thinks he was going into the illegal gun sale biz.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok so just a follow up on this whole thing:
Again from Seattle Times

Scott P. Davis, 38, is being held at the King County Jail in lieu of $400,000 bail. He was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of second-degree burglary, theft of a firearm, possessing a stolen firearm and possessing stolen property.

So now we know his name, and get this (also from stated source):

When police arrested Davis they found a set of keys on him that belonged to the man whose warehouse had been burglarized, the charges said

That's ok (also from above source)

When police talked to the burglary victim, he said he knew Davis, but the charging document only notes that the two men were “estranged.”
It's beginning to look like an insurance scam, but I'll wait and see.

There is still an investigation going on about this since the Police are trying to find out what Davis was planning on doing with the guns. So if more news comes to light I'll up-date this story (hopefully it doesn't mysteriously peeder out like the LA story did)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Where do you come up with the claim it is an insurance scam?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck
I said it's beginning to look like an insurance scam. The two people knew each other,
the guy that was "breaking in" had his own set of keys, and the connection between the two is vague.

Sure it could be anything else, but I really wouldn't be surprised if that's what it was.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
There was no attack or anything like it planned. It was just simple theft. There is probably $100,000 worth of guns and other items in that picture. All of this pro-gun, anti-gun rhetoric just increases the value of guns. I buy guns as an investment. The Browning Hi Power 9mm that I bought in 1984 for $100 is worth over $500 today.

Not much of an investment in that case. $100 in 1984 had more purchasing power than $500 today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join