It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
This post is a great testament to the fact that kids should stay in school . no offence .
originally posted by: Jobeycool
Iran knew better than to hold those sailors or that deal would be dead.That deal Obama did has to be one of the worst ever.Basically Iran will re-arm their terrorism and military and just lie about the uranium for nukes.
Passage is innocent so long as it is not prejudicial to the peace, good order or security of the coastal State. Such passage shall take place in conformity with this Convention and with other rules of international law.
(B) Innocent Passage Defined. A vessel’s passage is innocent so long as it is not prejudicial to the peace, good order, or security of [State]. Passage of a foreign ship is prejudicial to the peace, good order, or security of [State] if it engages in any of the following activities:
(1) any threat or use of force against the sovereignty, territorial integrity, or political independence of [State];
(2) any exercise or practice with weapons of any kind;
(3) any act aimed at collecting information to the prejudice of the defense or security of [State];
(4) any act of propaganda aimed at affecting the defense or security of [State];
(5) launching, landing, or taking on board aircraft or any military device;
(6) loading or unloading any commodity, currency, or person contrary to the customs, fiscal, immigration, or sanitary laws and directives of [State];
(7) any act of willful and serious pollution;
(8) any fishing activities;
(9) carrying out research or survey activities;
(10) any act aimed at interfering with any systems of communications or any other facilities or installations of [State]; or,
(11) any other activity not having a direct bearing on passage.
originally posted by: Azureblue
originally posted by: ReadLeader
This is concerning to me, more to follow - what in the world were they thinking, and what will our military make of this...
Iranian military forces seized two U.S. Navy boats and are holding them on the Irans Farsi Island in the middle of the Persian Gulf in custody, U.S. officials told NBC News.
Officials said it's unclear whether the 10 American sailors who were aboard one of the small riverine boat had strayed into Iranian territorial waters before they were captured. But
The officials said the Americans were on a training mission when their boat experienced mechanical difficulty and drifted into Iranian-claimed waters and were seized by Iranian Coast guard.edit on 12-1-2016 by ReadLeader because:
Training mission? yea right, not a spying mission a ? Seems to me the Americans got sprung for spying.