It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: 2 U.S. Navy Boats Held by Iran Military

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

Yes, so much better to start a war, or shoot at the Iranians, and them all end up dead. That would have been such a better outcome.
edit on 1/15/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's the spirit! Invading countries and shooting people without provocation is the American Way.

I wish I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
In the end, diplomacy works

War mongers are just haters

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. At least that's the way I took it.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac
What do you expect, we already know now what this president wants, cowering to the rest of the world. Pathetic, and those soldiers with their hands on their heads, haha terrible...

They should never have allowed themselves to be taken like that, but Obama's orders are to stand down, stand down against every engagement... Making our soldiers look like fairies...

Can you say derp derp?

The USA made the freaking mistake not Iran.

USA did the right thing so did Iran. Mistakes happen and ships/boats end up of course. Starting a shooting war over it is retarded.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

That's the spirit! Invading countries and shooting people without provocation is the American Way.

For the sake of stating my own position: The U.S. cannot be trusted. Ugh!! It's--say one thing publicly as a cover and a manipulation to sway opinion, often a lie, and then do something devious behind the scenes in relation. Still obvious to many, we're not beyond repair yet, that's not what the American Way is about.

Our standing in the world has been sullied because of repeated, very bad behavior by our administrations but I think that is starting to change. I'm counting on it! The U.S. has been called on the carpet, left holding the bag, outed, exposed, made mistakes which became very public and been embarrassed quite a lot lately, and with certain people the only way to get them to change is to shame the heck out of them. Bullies seem to not understand any other restriction.

Back to the subject matter at hand, I would love to find out exactly what "unprofessional behavior" the Navy boat crews were engaging in which was observed for 40 minutes by the IRGC before they decided to capture them. If we could find that out, I'll bet a lot more will make sense concerning this odd episode.

Edit - now that I typed that, the obvious answer is, and I should have put two and two together already, probably the boat was in Iranian waters and the IRGC termed that fact unprofessional.
edit on 15-1-2016 by tweetie because: added a comment

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

For the sake of stating my own position: The U.S. cannot be trusted. Ugh!! It's--say one thing publicly as a cover and a manipulation to sway opinion, often a lie, and then do something devious behind the scenes in relation. Still obvious to many, we're not beyond repair yet, that's not what the American Way is about.

Our standing in the world has been sullied because of repeated, very bad behavior by our administrations but I think that is starting to change. I'm counting on it! The U.S. has been called on the carpet, left holding the bag, outed, exposed, made mistakes which became very public and been embarrassed quite a lot lately, and with certain people the only way to get them to change is to shame the heck out of them. Bullies seem to not understand any other restriction.

Back to the subject matter at hand, I would love to find out exactly what "unprofessional behavior" the Navy boat crews were engaging in which was observed for 40 minutes by the IRGC before they decided to capture them. If we could find that out, I'll bet a lot more will make sense concerning this odd episode.

Edit - now that I typed that, the obvious answer is, and I should have put two and two together already, probably the boat was in Iranian waters and the IRGC termed that fact unprofessional.
No Iran says the behavior of the Carrier group was unprofessional .

After the boats were captured the US carrier group started to provoke Iranian air-defense systems with multiple scrambles and began giving warnings and formed a "battle formation"

at least thats what they've said in the media .

An Iranian general said that if american fighter jets continued their aggressive behavior or if they entered Iranian territory , we'd probably be at war over nothing .

thats what they meant by un-professionalism .

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I still wonder if Iran had something to do with the two boats ending up in there waters.
There are ways to mess up GPS navigation systems.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.digitaltrends.com...
gpsworld.com...
This may have been a test by iran and they did not want to make a real big thing of it but could not resist sticking it to the US Navy.

First one of the navy boats had engine problems and the Iranians took advantage boats going slow and brought out there GPS spoofer and caused the boats to go off course.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

After the boats were captured the US carrier group started to provoke Iranian air-defense systems with multiple scrambles and began giving warnings and formed a "battle formation"

An Iranian general said that if american fighter jets continued their aggressive behavior or if they entered Iranian territory , we'd probably be at war over nothing .

Fond that highly unlikely thr Truman carrier group is under command of Rear Adm. Rene-Jean Crignola a french general who was tasked with anti Isis operations. Meaning Its very unlikely he would sign off on a carrier under his command threatening Iran.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Thank you for the correction. I'm going to study that info. I completely missed that part coming out.

***********************************************************************************

I want my country back. It can never be the same and that's OK, but the invaders and infiltrators who stole it can be vanquished, and there doesn't need to be a war in this country to rescue it. The millions and millions who work so hard to expose the invaders and infiltrators are making a difference. I support all of them as a collective.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Unprofessional Acts

a reply to: haman10

The "40 minutes" quote from General Fadavi has apparently been misattributed in some articles in the Western press, hence the confusion:

Iran frees U.S. sailors captured in Persian Gulf

Fadavi said the American boats had shown "unprofessional acts" for 40 minutes before being picked up by Iranian forces after entering the country's territorial waters. He said Tehran did not consider the U.S. Navy boats violating Iranian territorial waters as an "innocent passage."

US apologises over Iran naval incursion: Tehran to release 10 captured American sailors accused of ‘snooping’ after straying into foreign waters

General Ali Fadavi said the American boats have shown 'unprofessional acts' for 40 minutes before being picked up by Iranian forces in the country's territorial waters.

And several others. It would seem if we want reliable reporting on this incident, we should probably just get our news from FARS, instead:

IRGC Navy Commander: Iranian Missiles Locked on US Aircraft Carrier

"The USS Truman Aircraft carrier showed unprofessional moves for 40 minutes after the detention of the trespassers, while we were highly prepared with our coast-to-sea missiles, missile-launching speedboats and our numerous capabilities" and were ready to strike them in case they made a hostile move, Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said after Iran released the detained US marines.

The only country that comes out looking good in this debacle is Iran.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This incident has once again demonstrated the hawkishness, ignorance and hypocrisy of many Americans.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
This incident has once again demonstrated the hawkishness, ignorance and hypocrisy of many Americans.

Can you please define what you mean by "many Americans" for me? Thanks. I want to make sure I understand the context of how you are using that term, as in generally speaking or certain groups.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I've seen comments in vary places on the internet of people calling for violence against Iran over the incident. I wasn't pointing that at ATS.

We screw up and some call for US military retaliation. I find it interesting that citizens in the US often treated worse then this on the streets of America by the police.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: tweetie

I've seen comments in vary places on the internet of people calling for violence against Iran over the incident. I wasn't pointing that at ATS.

We screw up and some call for US military retaliation. I find it interesting that citizens in the US often treated worse then this on the streets of America by the police.

There's a lot of people who are adamantly against the change of U.S. policy with Iran. PO'd, in fact, and harbor a deep hatred towards the country which goes to show how well and expertly we, generally speaking, have been indoctrinated for decades. It makes no sense to me but I wish you could have seen the venom in my partner's eyes last night when he expressed exactly this sentiment about Iran. Whoa! People have not forgotten the Iranian hostage crisis of years ago, believed the story told by the U.S. government without doubt and still believe Iran is evil, evil, evil!

Other people just like to foment agitation on the Internet, no matter what situation arises.

Thanks for explaining!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

People have not forgotten the Iranian hostage crisis of years ago, believed the story told by the U.S. government without doubt and still believe Iran is evil, evil, evil!

I bet most of those same people haven't looked into the history of Iran concerning the CIA led overthrow and installation of a pro western oil company puppet as their leader.
edit on 1/15/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

People have not forgotten the Iranian hostage crisis of years ago, believed the story told by the U.S. government without doubt and still believe Iran is evil, evil, evil!

I bet most of those same people haven't looked into the history of Iran concerning the CIA led overthrow and installation of a pro western oil company puppet as their leader.

I completely agree and I would wager they don't want to know and have no interest in knowing. That's just the way it is. Nothing will change their minds.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
And we have THIS now..conservativetribune.com... t=2016-01-16

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So instead of picking up the phone and saying, "Hey, we have some boats near you that may be in trouble, if they stray into your waters it's unintentional", and possibly defusing the situation early, it's better to let them think they're spying and risk them being treated as such.

Got it.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So instead of picking up the phone and saying, "Hey, we have some boats near you that may be in trouble, if they stray into your waters it's unintentional", and possibly defusing the situation early, it's better to let them think they're spying and risk them being treated as such.

Got it.

Them there sailors should of shot the Iranians, while president Obama dropped several nukes on Tehran, before skull fooking Ayatollah Khomeini's carbonized eye socket.

Why can't Obama do anything right?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join