It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: 2 U.S. Navy Boats Held by Iran Military

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is concerning to me, more to follow - what in the world were they thinking, and what will our military make of this...

www.nbcnews.com...

Iranian military forces seized two U.S. Navy boats and are holding them on the Irans Farsi Island in the middle of the Persian Gulf in custody, U.S. officials told NBC News.

Officials said it's unclear whether the 10 American sailors who were aboard one of the small riverine boat had strayed into Iranian territorial waters before they were captured. But

The officials said the Americans were on a training mission when their boat experienced mechanical difficulty and drifted into Iranian-claimed waters and were seized by Iranian Coast guard.

edit on 12-1-2016 by ReadLeader because:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I wonder if they are being seized or helped considering their distress. Hopefully it's not a hostage situation thanks for informing us.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Training mission... drifted into Iranian waters.

Yup, sounds like a bad movie plot.

Who writes this stuff?

No, I'm not doubting that Iran has two US Navy boats, I'm talking about the cover story as to why they were there in the first place.

link   

WEll unless they are the right religion of Americans, nothing will be done.

link   

Wow,

this could explode!

it does pose a good question:

it's unclear whether the 10 American sailors who were aboard one of the small riverine boat had strayed into Iranian territorial waters

Does anyone else see "False Flag" within this story?

hopefully cool heads prevail

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I hope this ends peacefully regardless of the reason they drifted into Iranian territorial waters.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

One senior official told NBC News the Iranians understand it was a mistake and have agreed to release the Americans in international waters within hours.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They have been released

link   

Wrong place at the wrong time?

I would not want to be one of our guys on those boats right now. Hoping for the safety and return of everyone involved

link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Next thing you know the US will be sending in Chuck, Van diesel Claude Norris on a rescue mission

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

From what I've read so far is that Iran will release them within hours understanding the mistake. Pentagon says the boats were supposed to be traveling between Kuwait and Bahrain. Do I believe the boats had mechanical issues and lost their way? Nope.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Agreed, Slayer Yup, sounds like a bad movie plot

It is indeed worrisome.. I am hoping for a better outcome..

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
barry hussein obama's indecisive handling of the
cargo ship Alabama, during the Somali
pirate incident, will become an indication
how he will handle (or refuse to handle) this incident.

What if......... the seized vessels and crews were of
the Israeli Navy?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Does anyone else see "False Flag" within this story?

this definitely x-ed my mind; Also I dont think I am believing that the have been released..

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
World war is near...

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
This is concerning to me, more to follow - what in the world were they thinking, and what will our military make of this...

www.nbcnews.com...

Iranian military forces seized two U.S. Navy boats and are holding them on the Irans Farsi Island in the middle of the Persian Gulf in custody, U.S. officials told NBC News.

Officials said it's unclear whether the 10 American sailors who were aboard one of the small riverine boat had strayed into Iranian territorial waters before they were captured. But

The officials said the Americans were on a training mission when their boat experienced mechanical difficulty and drifted into Iranian-claimed waters and were seized by Iranian Coast guard.

edit on 12-1-2016 by ReadLeader because:

What were they were thinking ? probably defending their country . thats what they think . and they don't give a rat's a$$ who has violated their country's territorial integrity , they ACT against the threat .

honestly , they had the right to shoot to kill per international laws and you're lucky that didn't happen . so invite everyone to take a deep breath and view this from Iran's perspective .

If this was a mechanical problem , Iranian officials will release them ASAP . if not , they are here to stay .

"OMG what were they thinking !! how dare they ? "

sorry man , that doesn't work on Iran . pull that on someone else .
edit on 12-1-2016 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Last week it was Iran firing missiles within a mile of a destroyer, now this. It seems Iran is just itchin' to start something with us, or at least acting like a big dog marking it's territory. Of course with China and Russia having their back.............

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Just got an alert stating that they will be allowed to continue to Bahrain - on my cell

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Agreed, and just to reiterate, I was referring to Iran on this - > what in the world were they thinking,

Excellent info Ham, thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

They are well within their rights to defend their territory.

If certain countries need reminding that they don't have the 'Keys to the World', then that's what they must do to ensure they are safe and secure.

I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem with US Coast Guard/Navy doing the exact same thing to Iranian boats that "drifted" into American territorial waters...
edit on 12/1/2016 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join