It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's New Horizon Images Of Pluto Shows Off Stunning 'Snail-Like' Object.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well then sure is no sanil or slug as we know it.

One that size here would devastate a South American forest in a year.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Which explains why there are no trees on Pluto

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Well then sure is no sanil or slug as we know it.

One that size here would devastate a South American forest in a year.

I don't see any trees on Pluto. Do you?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I agree. I was thinking that it looks like lines of geological weakness, or plates, and that something could come up at the point of weakness.

Looks like the landscape morphs easily, as in ice floes. If only it were water instead of nitrogen!

Doesn't sound too hospitable to snails... Not sure I'd want to meet a creature that thrived in nitrogen...

peace,
AB

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It seems to me, maybe, high winds blowing this matter around the surface?

There is a place on earth that has this effect, such winds blowing rocks and leaving trails.

Either way, this is an alien world we are looking at.
How cool is that!

Eta - and then I realize how big this is. .. this trails are so strange. .
edit on 12-1-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe it's a iron-nickel meteorite? Or maybe a probe from another civilisation that tried to explore Pluto and got stuck?

Funny how there's no crater, but I guess all that liquid nitrogen would make everything brittle as dry leaves, so the only things that would hold together would be metals.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Maybe it's a iron-nickel meteorite? Or maybe a probe from another civilisation that tried to explore Pluto and got stuck?

Funny how there's no crater, but I guess all that liquid nitrogen would make everything brittle as dry leaves, so the only things that would hold together would be metals.

That's just it, they think it is a crater filled with the stuff, and as Elementalist mentioned wind, they think it plays a part at the surface. The video I posted in a rush also explains pretty much what NASA figures is going on, as does Phage, both are on the first page...)I apologise for being off-line, as I had to go to a 'Lions' meeting....one I had almost forgotten)
Anyway thanks to all for the contributions.
The reason I posted the picture, was that NASA had themselves taken the selected view, I think in a fun pareidolia [Arkensian] way, then with the guide to what is actually going on.

Still, the vast majority of pictures have yet to come, I could think there are still more Plutoscapes included there.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think these are water ice mountain tops that peek out of the nitogen ice plains. Or indeed water ice chunks that got dislodged from the bottom and floated up to the top.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Did they reclassify Pluto as a Planet?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Did they reclassify Pluto as a Planet?

Well they did reclassify, Pluto's officially a Chihuahua planet.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Looks like a car on a road to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Logiciel

that image makes me think of mercury. I wonder if it is mineral rock being pushed by winds or something?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Logiciel

that image makes me think of mercury. I wonder if it is mineral rock being pushed by winds or something?

I'm pertty sure there are no mineral rocks or winds on Pluto's surface. It's all ice, hydrocarbons, and a bit of haze.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Could find out a lot about the universe and solar system on Pluto. To bad it is headed to its far part of its orbit. Until we get better propulsion tech it will be out of reach for Humanity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join