It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geneva airport withdraws workers’ security passes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

"Over 30 people working at Geneva’s international airport have had their runway access passes withdrawn amid tighter security concerns, according to the airport and media reports.

Pierre Maudet, the head of Geneva’s security ministry, told RTS publc television on Monday there were 'tangible elements' justifying the withdrawals. But he refused to give any details.

Most of those affected are male baggage handlers, who mainly live in France.
"The only identifiable common feature of all those concerned is that they are Muslims".

Geneva airport withdraws workers’ security passes

This is either a case of rampant Islamaphobia on their part, which I doubt, since they hired thirty Muslims in the first place. They apparently have intelligence that something was about to take place. Maybe something was about to go down, luckily it wasn't a plane

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Right away it's pick-your-PHOBIA.

How RIDICULOUS.

You might wait for more information.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Right away it's pick-your-PHOBIA.

How RIDICULOUS.

You might wait for more information.

Uh.... If you read my reply, I said I doubted it was a phobia. The gist was a security concern.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Some people just love to show off their faux outrage sometimes.

I would doubt that it's islamophobia but likely security services informed them of a credible threat. don't mention the phobia's though, somebody might get their knickers in a twist.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm not outraged. I disgusted.

If you don't think it was pick-your-PHOBIA then why did you bring it up?

TO STIR THE POT.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
I'm not outraged. I disgusted.

If you don't think it was pick-your-PHOBIA then why did you bring it up?

TO STIR THE POT.

Uh....I see you're having a great deal of trouble in your comprehension. I brought it up to highlight a security concern at the airport in Geneva, maybe they got wind of a bombing or hijacking in the works and were taking precautions. As mclarenmp4 said, you seem to be highlighting a real or imagined phobia. I'm sure if the thirty workers were white Christian Swiss, you wouldn't be exhibiting this much false outrage. Please take your Ritalin and pay attention.
edit on 1jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There's no reason to mention pick-your-PHOBIA. None whatsoever.

You're trying to stir things up for no good reason.

Incidentally, I would appreciate it if you would not attack me personally because you disagree.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The story in the OP didn't confuse me, but some of these posts might.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I query the credibility of any threat which fails to identify the person or persons who intend the harm. I very much doubt that all thirty of those baggage handlers were involved in something nefarious related to a threat to an aircraft, or the terminal.

Now, a credible threat being received might have seen a small number of those baggage handlers removed from the clear list, but not all of them. Five, ten or eleven or so maybe... But not thirty of them. Something smells odd to me. If a demographically white atheist extremist group made a threat to an aircraft, would you expect all ground crew, air crew, and airport staff fitting the description of "white atheist European" to be removed from duty?

new topics

top topics

join