It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Difference Between the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM AND GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: PhantomOrion

One was for the preparation for the kingdom Age, which was the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ and his presentation of the Gospel of the kingdom, which was only Israel that ended basically when Paul was called out as one born out of due season.

Paul's Gospel presentation is of the current church age and is both Jews and Gentiles under the gospel of the Grace of God. and will end when the church is gathered unto Jesus in the clouds 1 Thess 4

When the 7 year tribulation starts then the preparation for Israel to come into the kingdom the Gospel of the Kingdom will be extended to them once again until the end of the tribulation when Jesus Comes.

Thank you for explaining it. I've got so much more to learn.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrionI've been pondering this from every angle for a year. Paul started out a murdering Pharisee, and I believe that plan wasn't working, so he tried a divide and conquer from within. I guess it succeeded, but when I read the NT I read Paul as jealous of the Apostles and a serious megalomaniac. Not the special 13th Apostle every one else does. I take Jesus at his word when he says only 12.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

the Key is found in 2 Tim 2:15 STUDY to shew thyself approved, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrionthere shouldn't be anyone beyond the 12, Matthias replaced Judas, thats ,12, calling themselves an Apostle. Jesus chose 12 because it's a sacred number.( 12 tribes, even a split tribe was only a half tribe a piece) Now if Jesus came back and endorsed him in Revelation I would concede. But he actually enforces in his vision of new Jerusalem. So the two doctrines are Jesus, and Pauls own teachings. Paul adds NOTHING positive to Christianity, and in my mind, there is Christianity and Paulianity, and they are opposed to each other.

edit on 14-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: error

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Im not a fan of Pauls writing, but I have to disagree with you on one point...

this is exceptional

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Good words. Every good conman knows when to lay it on thick. If all he did was lie and trash the Apostles then his writings probably wouldn't have made the cut. Every good lie is somewhat true.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
And one thing Paul does a lot is boast. He must not have love.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Paul is pretty much all of the things he says love isn't. Very deceptive of him.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good point....

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

John 10:27...My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, many think that this is from Christ, to the Holy Spirit, then to the person only, what's not realized is that it also occurs from person to person, by the Holy spirit....but, since spiritual things are discerned, the individual that's receiving the information, must be led by the spirit.....This is what 2 Corinthians chapter 13 gets into......Christ speaking in the man. When that man speaks, what Christ speaks in him...who recognizes his voice?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson, though not a Christian(prob. deist) said Jesus Christ was the greatest moral teacher ever. About Saul the Pharisee he says"the first person in history to corrupt the teachings of Jesus was a Paul. Wise words from a long time ago. T.J. may have been flawed more or less than some of us, but respect the fact that he knew then, what most people can't/won't/don't figure out in the age of information. The churches have done a masterful job of deceiving the masses and although digusting, it is astonishing. Believe in Jesus if it makes you happy, but stand up for your Messiah. Most churches quote (at random) Sauls teachings and relegate Jesus to an object of admiration. He was a mass murderer before his alleged conversion. He contradicts Jesus. Slyly insults the Apostles every chance he gets. Calls them Apostles of men, like hes above them. He lies about their message to the gentiles and never gived the easygoing message they sent. They get Pauls rules, one of the best is that women who talk in church shouldhave there heads shaved. II'm not making this up, he really said that. And his misogyny knows no bounds. He clearly despises women. Advocates slavery. Teaches people that the law is like prison, that it's been done away with(blatantly contradicting what Jesus says). And I love his three alternate conversion stories(one which he commits perjury by telling), and how he claims ready to die for Jesus, but when given the chance appeals to Caesar as a Roman citizen to save his hide. Then tries using his heritage as a Pharisee to gain sympathy, even though he supposedly converted to Christ. How about the inordinate amount of time he spends insisting that he isn't lying. And his complaints that all of Asia rejected him. It was because they knew he was a fraud, and Jesus just happens to congratulate the Ephesians, which is in Asia, for being strong and rejecting those who say they are Apostles, but are not they are liars. All that and people love thisguy. I no llonger wonder why the world is so f$&@ed up. I now know.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

What is stated in the above verses, is that there is one and only one Gospel, and any Gospel that is not in complete agreement with it is by definition False. Quit wrapping yourself up with bull# definitions of things contrived by man. That is what will get you punished by God.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI
You know God? Can I get an introduction?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

I am not under the wrath of God I am under the blood of Christ.

I study the Bible the way God says too.

Just do a quick word search in any BIble program and you will see three different Gospels Just put in Gospel and see for yourself. things that are different cannot be the same

Anyone who would make these te same is disingenueous at best and a lazy student of Scriptures following men rather than God and his words.

edit on 15-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is Charity not the corrupt translation of love.

Try providing the verses to support your claim he was decpetive and unloving. I am sure you are in error

edit on 15-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm relatively new to this theory/argument of Paul. To be quite honest, I don't know what to think of it. Paul was never a perfect man. I don't think he ever presented himself as being perfect but quite the opposite. If you are going to look at Paul, you should consider the rest of the people in the Bible. They were never perfect nor without sin.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
Paul is pretty much all of the things he says love isn't. Very deceptive of him.

Do you believe that Paul experienced Salvation? Do you believe he was redeemed by Christ's blood?
edit on 15-1-2016 by PhantomOrion because: Added another question

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrionI never thought about it. I rather despise Saul, so I don't think about his soul. If God's vengeance is as described in the bible, id say no. But I don't like speculating about eternal damnation. His twisted impact on Christianity is something I have a hard time forgiving, but I place more of the blame on the people who champion his writings. I wonder if they have ever read it straight through like a regular book. They choose random passages and pontificate off them what they think it means.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: PhantomOrionI never thought about it. I rather despise Saul, so I don't think about his soul. If God's vengeance is as described in the bible, id say no. But I don't like speculating about eternal damnation. His twisted impact on Christianity is something I have a hard time forgiving, but I place more of the blame on the people who champion his writings. I wonder if they have ever read it straight through like a regular book. They choose random passages and pontificate off them what they think it means.

I'm curious to know why you feel that way about him and what brought you there.

Are you a believer? You must forgive the guy. Whatever his motives - forgiveness is important. As well as everyone else. No Christian is perfect.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven (Luke 6:37 KJV)

And this is from the Gospels, Jesus' words.
edit on 15-1-2016 by PhantomOrion because: Revision

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I read the bible cover to cover, noticed that Saul was teaching contrary to what Jesus says, investigated it and concluded a 13th Apostle was a violation of the sacred number twelve. Jesus warned in Matthew 24 about people like Saul and said not to believe them. Revelation has Jesus congratulating the Ephesians for rejecting Those who said they were Apostles but are not. Saul laments this rejection in his own writings. I put two and two together, added the description of new Jerusalem with its 12 of everything, including the names of the 12 Apostles and and noticed that a 13th Apostle was not in Gods plan. I realized Islam is also aware of this, and honors Jesus better than christianity, so I'm reading the Koran now. His plan hasn't worked on me so I'm not required to forgive him personally. If other people don't figure it out isn't my fault, so I don't have to forgive him. I'm smarter than him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join