It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Unelectable Won Another Huge Endorsement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Is there no one under 70 that the dems can field for president?

Yes, it is almost unbearably amusing that the party that rails against old rich white people only has old, white, one-percenters in the running for president.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Um, Bernie is no where near a one percenter. Compared to one percenters Bernie could be considered destitute.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Prediction: Biden will soon jump in if seems inevitable that Sanders will beat Hillary in Iowa & N.H.
I think Biden now realizes that Clinton is vulnerable and beatable for the nomination, but the administration doesn't believe Sanders could win the overall.

EDIT: Biden came out in praise of Sanders over Clinton to assist Sanders poll numbers prior to the caucuses...and he may have some inside news that the FBI has something big on Hillary.

edit on 12-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Um, Bernie is no where near a one percenter. Compared to one percenters Bernie could be considered destitute.

Okay, so this is two years old and probably is a little off, but I'd bet still relatively close. From the article:

You might be surprised to learn that the top 20 percent of income earners bring in a household income of just over $100,000. The top 10 percent of earners have a household income of more than $148,687. To be considered in the top 1 percent, household income is at least $521,411.

Earning enough income to be in the top 1, 10 or 20 percent is no small accomplishment, but chances are good that many people you know, and may not think of as rich, fall into the top 1, 10 or 20 percent.

A quick Google search took me to MoneyNation gives an estimated minimum and maximum net worth based on his financial disclosure forms:

Figuring Sanders’ maximum possible debt and minimum possible assets gives a minimum possible Bernie Sanders net worth of $222,026. Figuring lowest possible debt and highest possible assets gives a net worth a high as $769,002. Combining average assets with average debt gives an average Bernie Sanders net worth of $528,014.

Of course, I know the difference between net worth and annual income, but when his standard senator's income is at $174,000, that alone already puts him in the top 7%, according to this interactive CNN chart. That's only his income, and only from being a senator. Anything on top of that (which there appears to be plenty in investment assets) just keeps taking him closer to the top.

So, I concede that MAYBE he's not a "one-percenter," but from my point of view, he hardly has anything to complain about or use as leverage when it comes to pretending that he's not a wealthy man. See, I look at net worth, not income, as an indicator as to how wealthy someone is, even if that's not the formula for determining what a standard one-percenter is.

Also, it doesn't matter about comparing his worth to the other one-percenters, it matters about comparing his worth to the average American...the American who, as a fifty-percenter, has an annual income of $52,000. Note that this is annual HOUSEHOLD income. Under that formula, if Donald Trump only paid himself $52,000 this year, but has a net worth of $4,000,000,000, he'd be considered a fifty-percenter, hence why I don't use the annual-income indicator.
edit on 12-1-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

NH Poll: Bernie Sanders leads Hillary Clinton in every major voting bloc

www.cbsnews.com...

If Hillary actually starts seeing Sanders as an genuine threat...it's time for him to double up on his personal security.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

NH Poll: Bernie Sanders leads Hillary Clinton in every major voting bloc

www.cbsnews.com...

If Hillary actually starts seeing Sanders as an genuine threat...it's time for him to double up on his personal security.

But, but...b-b-but...guns are bad, Mmm-kay?!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Prediction: Biden will soon jump in if seems inevitable that Sanders will beat Hillary in Iowa & N.H.
I think Biden now realizes that Clinton is vulnerable and beatable for the nomination, but the administration doesn't believe Sanders could win the overall.

EDIT: Biden came out in praise of Sanders over Clinton to assist Sanders poll numbers prior to the caucuses...and he may have some inside news that the FBI has something big on Hillary.

Sanders is the Chosen One.

Hillary would know if she was open to indictment for anything. She's an attorney. I really believe that all of this smoke & mirrors is just going to derail her campaign and throw the nomination to Sanders. Hillary will never see prison.

Hillary won the popular vote in 2008 and didn't fight for the 600,000 votes the DNC took from her and just gave to Obama. Hillary's image as desperate to be president is a cover. She's a political operative and a plant.

I believe HIllary loves power...but she knows the real power lies with the shadow global government.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

'RING-RING'
"Huma? It's Hillary....I think it's time we arrange a 'Vince Foster' for ol' Bernie!"

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bernie has to take back his absurd tax comments like 90% tax rate on the rich or He will never win.He has to come down to and back to Earth with some of His tax plans.
edit on 12-1-2016 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
After watching interviews, I'd rather sit down and have dinner with Sanders vs. any other candidates. I think he'd be a lot of fun. He seems like a fairly ordinary person.

Hillary would complain about something

Trump wouldn't tip the waiter

Jeb wouldn't show up or forget to show up

Rand Paul would insist there's something in our food

Ted Cruz would stare off into space and contemplate

Nah, give me Bernie. He'd probably also remind me to call my mother in that accent of his.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Bernie has to take back his absurd tax comments like 90% tax rate on the rich or He will never win.He has to come down to and back to Earth with some of His tax plans.

Trump once advocated the highest tax ever...he proposed the wealthiest Americans pay off the national debt in one year with taxes.

And now he is running as a conservative and claims he uses every available tax loophole to pay as little as possible -- and people are lapping up the cognitive dissonance like it is "refreshing truth."

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: machineintelligence

Yes, Hillary Clinton. She is 68. I will, still, however, not be supporting her.

Vote for what you want, not what you think is "realistic". Sanders is special because he says "Not Me. Us", because he says that he cannot create change just by being elected, and he needs people to remain politically active, to work hard, and to help him make things better. No one else is saying that. No one else ever has.

nobody is saying that because it hasn't worked in the past.....what I do know after 63 years of life, is that if the wealthy want something, they will eventually get it....the directions for finding what truly works, is to always start with "follow the money".

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

In most if not all States, it's too late for him to get on the ballot.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

'RING-RING'
"Huma? It's Hillary....I think it's time we arrange a 'Vince Foster' for ol' Bernie!"

The Clinton Foundation can adopt more "Foster" children !!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: ColeYounger

I was not aware of that. It seems that Ron Paul was actually a better candidate than I thought. He was right, but he came too early. The boiling point had not yet been reached.

please don't lie to your fellow members! We all know why most if not all members who are now voting for Bernie didn't vote for Ron Paul and it was because Ron Paul ran on a republican ticket. Bernie sold out Ron Paul. Bernie isn't what you fools think he is.Bernie is hope and change 2.0 and the same people claiming they wont vote for Hilary are going to vote this idiot in to office for 8 years of more failed policies and ethics.

Your post is a hot mess.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: IAMTAT

In most if not all States, it's too late for him to get on the ballot.

Posted in new thread HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In addition, an FBI investigation into the former secretary of state's use of a private email server for government business could end up with an indictment, Morris believes.

"The indictment would knock her out of the race and free her delegates who are already on the ballot to commit to Biden and run as Biden delegates. You could still see that happen over the course of the next four to six weeks."

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Thanks for sharing this. This is so huge for Bernie and our political revolution. It seems that when these labor unions actually get to vote who they want to endorse Bernie is always the choice. An authentic man that is actually for the people. So proud and happy for him

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

He never said that.
He was accused of it, but not guilty of it.
Trump: Bernie Sanders wants to tax 'you people' at 90 percent

This is a lie.

Most of the taxes that Sanders has actually proposed in writing would not apply to "you people." The one exception would raise the rate to far below 90 percent.

His call for paid family and medical leave, based on legislation introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., would require "just a small increase in the payroll tax" that would hit everyone, Sanders said on This Week.

How small? Employers and employees would chip in an additional 0.2 percent each, bringing the federal payroll tax from 12.4 percent to 12.8 percent.
Oh noez!!!! Two Tenths of a Percent!!!!

How awful.

According to a report by Gillibrand’s office, that’s the equivalent of $72.04 per year for the average worker, and $227.40 for the highest wage earners.
OMG!!!!

For corporations and the very wealthy, Sanders’ proposed tax increases and new taxes may hurt more. Here’s a rundown:

Increase the top estate tax rate from 40 percent to 45 percent for estates valued at $3.5 million to $10 million; 50 percent for $10 million to $50 million; 55 percent for $50 million to $1 billion; and 65 percent for estates over $1 billion (estates under $3.5 million will be exempt

Is there some part of this that you don't understand?

edit on 1/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Is there no one under 70 that the dems can field for president?

Yes, it is almost unbearably amusing that the party that rails against old rich white people only has old, white, one-percenters in the running for president.

Which party is that? Honest question - not trying to be clever or an asshole.

What party has railed against "old rich white people?"

That realllllly seems like a form of race-baiting, and an exaggerated claim.

When it comes to the elites, TPTB - things that were once discussed regularly on ATS - it's not a matter of "old rich white people," but I'm not wasting my time attempting to explain this.

I think it's funny that the party that made a hot mess out of a birth certificate, has suddenly abondoned all of their principles when it comes to applying the same vetting techniques on their own! And that's, actually true... not some stupid jab at the partisan-paradigm that have BOTH raped the Consitution under BOTH party-affiliated presidencies.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Jesus, xuen. Do you ever just read the news ..... and then think???? Does it EVER occur to you to actually say what you think in response to others' posts and threads?

In all these years - don't you have something to offer besides your one-liner laughy-faces that make no sense when aggregated?

WHAT IS IT YOU WANT?

Really?

edit on 1/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join