It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling Forecast 2020-2030 Full Societal Collapse | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienSupernova

If you think everything will break at once in one day, good for you. I hope that it will be slow, so people can act and make you right AlienSupernova. We don't have the choice to make you right!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Well Dr Forrester, the evidence is there to peruse.

We can sit here and argue all day about the state of the environment, but we are not out there drilling into ice and earth like researchers do so those folk are in better position to know the state of the climate, and they say the world is warming. How did geologists come to the conclusion that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs? by digging into the earth and finding trace elements.

Sure Sol comes into the equation, but it's behavior is two faced and is not responsible for our actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX

If you think everything will break at once in one day, good for you. I hope that it will be slow, so people can act and make you right AlienSupernova. We don't have the choice to make you right!

Im not sure what this post even means

The point is that Climate scientist have been predicting things like this for YEARS, thats the point, they never say everything will break all at once, they always say "By this time" and yet it never comes to fruition.

My point is they are always wrong and that alone should discredit whatever models they are using

Love Love,
AlienSupernova

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PersonneX
Evermore, you know that in some journals, when the person have an interest conflict, they must write it in the article. You can even check the background of the authors, since his name is on it!

Who is adapt 2030? Is he paid by petroleum industries? What is his profession? Where he come from? Does he have an interest in lying?

Let's go find one or two of those article I'm sure they exist, and you will have a better grip!

He says in the video that he resides in Myanmar and that he is in the coffee industry. He became interested in climate science when Coffee crops, in equatorial regions began suffering frost damage.

This brought him to conducting his own research into the climate, he has collaborated with people on the subject.

Guess you didn't watch the video.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I know man contributes. I just don't trust the hype, and I'm not willing to swallow a half truth from compulsive liars.

Why is it that "awake people" refuse to believe what Science puts out there because they could be manipulated yet a guy on YouTube could never have an agenda or be manipulated.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The coffee industry is more worried about rising temperatures.

Coffee and Climate Change
Impacts and options for adaption in Brazil,
Guatemala, Tanzania and Vietnam

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I feel your jadedness toward the subject. I have a difficult time trusting "mainstream" science on a number of "settled absolutes".

However, there is an alternative view. People spend much time researching these "mysteries". They post their findings through various blogs, sites, and videos.

I am learning that even here, posting these findings will be met with ridicule. Such an "open minded community" is still seemingly closed to what anything other than what propagandists feed them.. It is truly a fool's errand.

I'm almost sorry that I felt the need to share with this community, had I not learned a valuable lesson, all would have been for nil.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Flower tits also S/F you

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I had just gone back and read your edit.

I will respond, all of these sites have their gems. I do understand what it is that you are referencing. People come here and there and compile data. The data shows the world the truth, but only when it is released on some obscure site.

Also, I wish I had coined "flower-tits"..

Good stuff.

Thank you for contributing.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Anyone else notice the talk of global warming and cooling is seasonal?

When its summer time its a "planet warming" trend, and "global cooling" in the winter.

No. I haven't noticed that at all. I see global warming articles and discussions year round. Sounds like you have perception bias to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ah good i'm glad you know what i'm referring to, There are very few websites that are 'PC' and 'Mainstream' who would actually carry something like that which is why there are non pc gov't run websites with people who have real information, and we both know who runs the Big Show, yet many still want to cover their eyes and pretend they don't see it because 'Not PC enough' after all, an apple is only an apple if it's PC enough. And if it ain't then everyone who disagrees is just stupid. '''big sigh'''.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

While I disagree with what he says in the video I agree we could be on the verge of a Mini Ice Age.
I read a Japanese climatologist propose a theory last decade that an Ice Age is on the way and clobal warming was a precursor to that , some at NASA also think it's a possibility.

Global warming could plunge North America and Western Europe into a deep freeze, possibly within only a few decades.
That's the paradoxical scenario gaining credibility among many climate scientists. The thawing of sea ice covering the Arctic could disturb or even halt large currents in the Atlantic Ocean. Without the vast heat that these ocean currents deliver--comparable to the power generation of a million nuclear power plants--Europe's average temperature would likely drop 5 to 10°C (9 to 18°F), and parts of eastern North America would be chilled somewhat less. Such a dip in temperature would be similar to global average temperatures toward the end of the last ice age roughly 20,000 years ago.

"It's difficult to predict what will happen," cautions Donald Cavalieri, a senior scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, "because the Arctic and North Atlantic are very complex systems with many interactions between the land, the sea, and the atmosphere. But the facts do suggest that the changes we're seeing in the Arctic could potentially affect currents that warm Western Europe, and that's gotten a lot of people concerned."
science.nasa.gov...

I don't like the cold.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

There have been doomsayers of every ilk throughout history. The only difference is the seeming plausibility of projections in this day in age due to our substantial technological prowess.

The truth is that we simply do not know, and we can not know, not without another whole planet to use as a control whose variables maintain consistency over time and are repeatable. Empiricism fails us when we are denied the only tool we have, the scientific method.

With that said, it is always easiest to address unprovable claims by first granting them temporary consideration. We must suspend disbelief long enough to explore the consequences and potential mitigating factors.

If the earth is warming due to a chemical imbalance in the atmosphere, no amount of taxes, well prepared vegetarian diets or even mass murders is likely to correct it.

If the earth is cooling, same answer.

The "solution" that is being foisted upon us is undeniably incapable of addressing the problem as it is presented.

Only geo-engineering could possibly restore the "balance" that we imagine we understand and the consequences of getting a thing like that wrong takes it off the list.

New technologies and methodologies are already allowing us to experiment with a variety of less heavy-handed possibilities such as sequestration which is the only realistic mitigation strategy possible by humanity.

So, even if we are correct about a perceived trend, no totalitarian regime could deliver us from the repercussions of a realized self-reinforcing cycle.

We must ask ourselves why is this still being pushed? Who benefits from levying debilitating economic restrictions and eliminating individual freedoms?

Totalitarianism will not be allowed to dominate this planet and, if we can hold on to reason, it never will.

Let's not destroy civilization in the name of saving it, it's the hippocratic thing to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I read a Japanese climatologist propose a theory last decade that an Ice Age is on the way and clobal warming was a precursor to that
First, I know that you know the difference between an ice age and a glacial period. That hypothesis concerns neither. But indeed, a warming planet does not mean that every place always gets warmer. A warming planet means that climates will change.

As far as the effects of solar activity on climate, that's still a matter of debate in climatology. It should be noted that the "little ice age" began quite a while before the Maunder minimum. There were other factors at play.

But basing the prediction on astrology like the guy in the OP????
edit on 1/12/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

What you just pointed out in that mini-rant of yours was one of the reasons that I posted this video this morning.

I honestly am disgusted with this site.

It seems that everybody who would have acknowledged, or even constructively criticized this content is either banned or just silent..

I appreciate all of the posts and commentary in this thread, but I guess I no longer value the majority of opinions here.

It's been an eye opener.

A lot of love and best of luck to all of you.

up

Boba

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was researching related things to the subject of this post around the time the global warming issue was being discussed heavily online and the bombardment of global warming propaganda was on the TV often several years ago.

The reaction of a system as large as weather on the entire planet and solar system and the number of things that are interrelated when trying to determine what effects whatever has on whatever is quite difficult to determine.

I was reading on several reputable sites and perusing information regarding the subject of this post and it looked more to me that global warming would be headed off by the earth's natural system trying to maintain equilibrium which would be global cooling to re-capture excess CO2 and put it back where it belongs, this could be accomplished by extreme cold.

There is proof of this being the possible scenario lying all over the bottom of the ocean and in sediments.

This is just a consideration as most of these topics regarding global cooling and heating are theoretical for the most part.

But I think everything regarding environmental change has a lot to do with the naturally occurring systems of the planet trying to achieve equilibrium.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

In the video, some data is compiled from core samples.

Also, tree rings, and numerous other sources.

Sol is probably the biggest part of the equation.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I don't think it is theoretical. I think it is backed by historical data.

Extreme Heat..

Extreme Cold...

These are themes that seem to fill our histories. Granted, they are location specific, but um, what narrative isn't location specific?

Global perspective is entirely subjective. Extreme cold events have been footnotes in our historical narratives, just as extreme heat events.

I suppose it is easier for people to just write this off as embellishment versus historical account.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: intrptr

Anyone else notice the talk of global warming and cooling is seasonal?

When its summer time its a "planet warming" trend, and "global cooling" in the winter.

No. I haven't noticed that at all. I see global warming articles and discussions year round.

Of course you do, you promote it.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Theoretical, only in the fact that some of the mechanisms at work are not fully understood.

I suppose I should have said some aspects or components of the science and data are theoretical....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join