It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MERKEL - Refugee crisis out of control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Nustle

Nobody should act as though you can have a common currency without being able to cross borders reasonably easily.'

I think that's a shot at the new eastern European countries who are going against the Schengen zone reinstating their borders.

Do you mean Austria? Because Austria is the south-easternmost Schengen country, with the exception of Hungary - which was vilified when it tried to prevent entry to migrants.
It's a very complicated situation, so it's best not to try and simplify it, especially if you weren't following the developments "on the ground" (as I was, BTW).

Thankfully we in the UK are not in the Schengen zone or the Euro and pretty soon we won't be in the EU either , I look forward to the day we are not governed by Germany.

Well, I am tempted to agree regarding the "thankfully" because the one thing that the EU doesn't need is countries who dislike or even hate the EU.
But if you think you'll be "safe" in your deceptive insularity, you are in for a huge and unpleasant surprise.
The same goes for the USA.

edit on 12-1-2016 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Typical government politicians and bureaucrats. They have Big Ideas and Big Programs, but implementing them with intelligent, careful, and fiscal responsibility is usually bungled, leaving a gigantic mess for The People to endure and pay for.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This shouldn't be a surprise. Most rational members on here knew this would turn into a clusterf#ck.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's not just the refugee crisis that's out of control it's Sgt.Merkel and the whole damn PC gov't in Europe.

They need to change that word, Government... as they no longer know 'How' to Govern.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

It's not just the refugee crisis that's out of control it's Sgt.Merkel and the whole damn PC gov't in Europe.

They need to change that word, Government... as they no longer know 'How' to Govern.

It's ironic that you (and so many others) would accuse Merkel of political correctness when it was SHE who said "Multi-kulti ist gescheitert" - and was then silenced by the "politically correct" ones.
Compromise is the essence of politics. And that's what she did - presumably because she thought she would be more useful if she stayed in politics than outside politics.
Regardless of her reasons, there's no need to demonize her or any one person. It's silly and naive.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra

originally posted by: awareness10

It's ironic that you (and so many others) would accuse Merkel of political correctness when it was SHE who said "Multi-kulti ist gescheitert" - and was then silenced by the "politically correct" ones.
Compromise is the essence of politics. And that's what she did - presumably because she thought she would be more useful if she stayed in politics than outside politics.
No need to demonize her or any one person.

No. But tell me.. who silenced her? Oh that's right she was most likely silenced by $ the big payoff. Or is she so confused she keeps changing her mind on whether multi culturalism works or not?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
Multiculturalism works, for the most part.

Just not when it's a group of people who vehemently believe a stone age religion being introduced into an educated culture.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra
Yep, we're safer from uncontrolled immigration here in the UK than you are in the borderless Schengen area.
Want a real example? Check out the thousands of men camped on the French coast trying to enter the UK illegally, Britain has successfully kept them out by defending the border on the French side.

Suck it up buttercup, we are way better off than you are, and because our government wasn't stupid enough to remove border controls.

edit on 12.1.2016 by grainofsand because: typo and clarity

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
She basically shoved refugees onto all of Europe, now she's regretting not having systems in place to vet the incoming. Seriously, what was she thinking? Did she forget to take off her

I am so disgusted with these leaders who throw caution to the wind while running full head on into a pile of chit trouble and expect the people to bone up and deal with it. She needs to go. She has destroyed a whole continent. SHAAAAAAAAMMME on MERKEL! And shame on all the leaders who wouldn't say no to her.

"Now all of a sudden we are facing the challenge that refugees are coming to Europe and we are vulnerable, as we see, because we do not yet have the order, the control, that we would like to have."

She forgot to say

OOOPS!
edit on 12-1-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Based purely on your words, I am afraid you have no idea of how international politics works in this day and age (as opposed to centuries ago).
But no need to commiserate me. I am happy and proud of the EU; wouldn't live anywhere else (and I do get the chance, quite often).
Which doesn't mean that the EU doesn't need a lot - and I mean, a LOT - of work.
It is worth it. After centuries of strife we've had an unprecedented seven decades of peace and prosperity.
If THAT isn't worth preserving, nothing is.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
a reply to: awareness10
Multiculturalism works, for the most part.

Just not when it's a group of people who vehemently believe a stone age religion being introduced into an educated culture.

Yes. The entirety of Europe is an exercise in successful multiculturalism. After so many centuries of bloody conflict, we have learned to live in relative peace and RESPECT.
Respect: thats they key for successful cohabitation.
It is also what certain newcomers seem to lack.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You mean theres backlash now?

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

MEGADERPFACEHERE

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

My posting history indicates that I do indeed have an understanding of international politics, but that is irrelevant, as are your comments gushing love for the EU.

I was responding to your comment regarding safety from uncontrolled immigration and yes, so long as the UK government continues its policy of defending the border on the French side we are much safer than the Schengen area.

Unlucky, nothing I stated was factually incorrect.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: paviabari

Are my eyes failing and I was unable to see the women, children, elderly and disabled on this train?

If these men are so afraid they will die in the ME, they don't seem to mind leaving the fragile people there to do the dying and starving for them, do they? or what?

I saw one young woman on this train.

Oh my eyes!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Do you mean Austria? Because Austria is the south-easternmost Schengen country, with the exception of Hungary - which was vilified when it tried to prevent entry to migrants.

I think you know who I meant.

It's a very complicated situation, so it's best not to try and simplify it, especially if you weren't following the developments "on the ground" (as I was, BTW).

Not sure it's that complicated , the EU sat on it's hands while while all around were warning about the coming crisis then when migrants started spilling over borders and washing up on beaches they stood frozen like rabbits caught in headlights.
The solution chosen by Germany to accommodate and disperse the migrants around Europe is not a solution it's a cop out. that decision has not only compromised all of our security it has caused strain between EU members , we're getting out before the whole pyramid scheme falls apart.

edit on 12-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for the response. For my part, I'd hope to see the UK survive this but as far as the EU is concerned, I figure they've earned this problem.....with the exception of Italy. I'd hate to see Italy go down the crapper.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Can someone answer a stupid question for me? How does Merkel have the authority to do this things that don't concern Germany? I know she's the elected leader of Deutschland, but where does she get the authority to dictate what nearby countries will do? Is she President of the EU or something?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The leader of the biggest economy in the eurozone has some muscle.
I'm looking forward to voting out of the wider EU for the UK in the near future now.

*edit*
Germany is a massive net contributor to the EU budget, as is the UK. It is the reason Germany can push net recipient countries around and also why the UK still has protected borders etc. Money talks.
edit on 12.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Can someone answer a stupid question for me? How does Merkel have the authority to do this things that don't concern Germany? I know she's the elected leader of Deutschland, but where does she get the authority to dictate what nearby countries will do? Is she President of the EU or something?

I ask this question often. Who made her Queen of EU? She is considered the most powerful woman in the world but I wonder where she gets her authority. I think no one gave her the authority, she just took it upon herself to be a world leader with her own uneducated ideas. All the other unfit leaders followed her blindly like a flock of sheep. She has led them right over the cliff and now is back pedaling to stop the explosion of crime and chaos she created. Unfortunately, the cliff is too steep and too many sheep have fallen to their demise.

Once again, an unfit leader leading the unfit leaders. In other words, the blind leading the blind.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
See my reply above yours, I'd be interested if anybody disagrees and why they do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join