It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if energy was conscious?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

The fact you are angry about the OP wanting to avoid anger has me angry, too... but the energy needed to keep up the anger is unavailable, so I am now calm... but I really want to be angry.

As far as the OP, isn't consciousness energy already? Something is thinking in my head area and it seems to ebb and flow as I feed it energy.

And as far as the universe being a big ol' body and energy being its consciousness, or something akin to that... like in those comparisons to the known universe looking similar to our bio-neural networks, etc., why not?

I'm still stuck on the oddness that there is anything at all... and also, anger... still want to be angry... just don't have the energy.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: killerworm51
I have often wondered about consciousness and the connection to electrical energy at the synapses of the nerves. If the sign of consciousness in the human brain is electrical activity in the brain, why isn't it possible for consciousness to be present in lightning strikes or electrical transmission lines?
Impossible to prove, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I would agree with what you are saying. Everything your five senses can register is consciousness. Our bodies are a symbol for our own consciousness.

For example, squeezing your hand is and external symbol of consciousness contracting. Smiling or laughing is an external symbol for consciousness opening up in love and happiness. Anger or a frowning is an external symbol of closing off contracting from "energy".

The human being is the carrier of physical reality, everything we see, touch, smell, taste, hear is created by the observer. This is what makes the double slit experiment so interesting, the observer has a scientifically measurable effect on reality. This is because everything is consciousness. It suggests that without the observer, physical reality doesn't exist as we know it.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We know mass is just super-dense energy (E = mc^2), I'd bet consciousness is the manipulator of energy and thus matter as well. The Copenhagen interpretation concluded matter is nothing without consciousness; consciousness is the basis of reality. This makes sense as to how a uninhibited Conscious Mind (our Father?) could create things simply by thinking it. Our dreams are a vestige of this power, eager to be awakened.

Anyway, read Hermetic Philosophy, it emphasizes God as a Universal Mind in which is All. Check this out Corpus Hermeticum
edit on 12-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How about that? I just replied to MotherMayEye's thread thinking on a similar concept and then I found this. Consciousness is a form of energy and energy has consciousness. Think of the double-slit experiment or the observer effect in physics, our brain works through electro-chemical activities as butcherguy pointed out. In the case of lightnings, I have heard somewhere that light are packets of information, maybe time will come when we can measure energy in its various forms and make much more sense of it than our current crude instruments.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
In the case of lightnings, I have heard somewhere that light are packets of information, maybe time will come when we can measure energy in its various forms and make much more sense of it than our current crude instruments.

I'd assume the best instrument for understanding it is our own consciousness. Perhaps why it was deified as Zeus. Here's a curiously ancient poem called The Thunder: Perfect Mind

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

TESLA comes to mind

Interesting post. You are comparing energy in the universe to the electrical impulses in our brain.

I could see it - the macrocosm to the microcosm. The Universe does apparently resemble a brain cell anyway

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 12-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: killerworm51
The universe has many different locations it can manipulate and transform energy.
If you think about natural and man made frequencies; These also are able to manipulate different entities and objects.

Can you elaborate/explain/define how you determined that:
A: "The universe has many different 'locations' it can 'manipulate' and 'transform' energy".
B: What you mean by 'Entities', or 'Objects'.
C: How 'Natural' and 'Man made' frequencies can 'Manipulate' the elements of part 'B' of my enquiry.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
I agree and maybe part of the answers if not all can be found in the ancient writings? Thank you for the link.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: greencmp

The fact you are angry about the OP wanting to avoid anger has me angry, too... but the energy needed to keep up the anger is unavailable, so I am now calm... but I really want to be angry.

As far as the OP, isn't consciousness energy already? Something is thinking in my head area and it seems to ebb and flow as I feed it energy.

And as far as the universe being a big ol' body and energy being its consciousness, or something akin to that... like in those comparisons to the known universe looking similar to our bio-neural networks, etc., why not?

I'm still stuck on the oddness that there is anything at all... and also, anger... still want to be angry... just don't have the energy.

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

-Bruce banner

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Perhaps we are nothing more than a biological experiment.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
"What if energy was conscious?"

...and/or the other way around...

Å99
edit on 12-1-2016 by akushla99 because: Afterthought

edit on 12-1-2016 by akushla99 because: Bad copy/paste bad!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I find this topic very interesting. I have often wondered about this concept myself. Look at the animal kingdom. Although almost every animal makes some type of sound, their communication doesn't seem to be auditory. Then how, thought? What about psychic abilities, ghosts? Wouldn't these things be simply explained by this concept, energy is sentient, energy is everything, just manifest in different forms. I would like to share a couple more sources that may help the conversation...

www.holographic-disclosure.com...

highexistence.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Can you elaborate/explain/define how you determined that:
A: "The universe has many different 'locations' it can 'manipulate' and 'transform' energy".
B: What you mean by 'Entities', or 'Objects'.
C: How 'Natural' and 'Man made' frequencies can 'Manipulate' the elements of part 'B' of my enquiry.

A) One example is black holes that take in photons and emit radiation in return.
B) Entities would be anything conscious. Objects would be rocks, remote control cars etc.
C) We can manipulate thoughts with different made made frequencies. UV waves can heat rocks, burn skin..

I'm being quite vague but there are many more examples. I could be here all night broadening my answer but I'm tired and not thinking coherently right now.

edit on 13-1-2016 by killerworm51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Adding more to the discussion, 'path of the hero', 'spirit science', 'bosnia megoliths', 'the new earth'. While the holographic disclosure material directly gives supportive information to the idea of a conscious universe, these other sources speak of in part other aspects of the ideology. I am a very open minded individual, I do not subscribe to any one idea in its entirety. I would like to relate my thinking to a simple explanation of quantum physics; the possibility for all possibility. As I stated in an other forum, The hundredth monkey experiment, every animal, insect, human or thinking entity is connected on it's own energy field. All of these energy fields are connected in turn, with their associated 'buffer'. I think, therefore I am...?...I am, therefore I think? Indeed. Kinda going on a tangent here, understanding and awareness. Maybe this is a key component of the theory. If one has a raisin size perspective on something, say a book. All they will get is a raisin size amount of information. Now take the same book with a ping pong ball perspective. You take a lot more away from said book.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hypothetical statement, what if this universe is one sentient being, experiencing reality through hundreds of thousands of millions of different realities? All possibility. The particles that behave different while being watched, the beings, small as an ant, that do not need to speak.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

From www.evawaseerst.be...

After death the strong good/pure souls will survive. They will join the spheres that contain universal souls, even those of other galaxies. They will join a Galaxy Train that connects The Brain Neurons Of The Divine ... a Galaxy Express to another universe ...

Click the link and look at the bottom of the page: the human brain really looks like the universe. And a youtube fragment shows us that white lights seem to travel from one neuron to another.

It's like we are living in the brain of the real God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join