It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rhetoric on ATS recently.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In all seriousness, though. I'm in the UK...I've seen some anti islamic stuff and anti immigrant stuff but it ain't a huge problem, is it?

I see more leftist, liberal rhetoric being shared, liked and spouted than I do anything that's to the contrary...not saying it doesn't exist but it's not that common.

Did something in particular prompt you to author this rant or am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's kinda funny y'know, that good religious folks are free to cherry-pick parts of their faith that they like and disregard the less fun stuff though. I never knew this was an option.

I was raised a catholic and was quite keen as a lad, as you often are when conned...sorry, influnced by an authority figure. I was proper keen, all like - must be like Jesus, must be like Jesus - to the point I dragged a wooden cross across the city and had my mates whip me and stuff - oh, how I revelled in my glorious piety!

Only kidding I made that bit up, nah I was like 7 and wanted to play football with my mates one Sunday...and my mother was like - you must go to mass! And I thought...well it's all or nothing with me, Mother - and renounced my faith right there and then.

Because it should be all or nothing, really.

Oh...but, but what about that part there in the book where allah says you can't eat that?
Well, I...eh...the author was drunk when he wrote that bit...
But earlier he said you can't consume alco...
Drunk!

I mean...where does it end? I'm beginning to think those allegations made against father Murphy by that woman may have been true after all.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

The reason why I made the thread? The answer is in the title....
If you can not see it....

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I don't see how you can be surprised at today's rhetoric because Islam brings up a lot of issues for non muslims, one of the main ones being the sheer hypocrisy of its pontificating pious popsies and odd things like their claims about modesty yet running brothels of sex slaves etc.

People here are looking at a world where we're expected to honour some religion even if we are totally opposed to religion of any sort. Then people are supposed to be sweetie, sweetie about issues that arise mostly in muslim countries such as very young children - girls as young as 8, being carted out of school to marry men sometimes 3 - 4 times their age and being made pregnant etc etc. This is a crime in many people's eyes and absolutely disgusting yet we have the sweet little 'mousy' muslim, often a bespectacled convert quacking at people that Islam is a beautiful religion full of love - yes, just the wrong kind if the reports of child brides is to be dealt with.

Even without going into the atrocities muslims carry out all over the world, we are having to tolerate the return to our country of home-bred 1st generation muslims who flocked to the Islamic State without a shred of loyalty to the country in which they were born.

Of course people are further going to be pretty aggravated about the situation our government is touting because it puts people's lives and those of their families at risk on the streets of this country.

You have a huge clash of cultures taking place and for the first time in a very long time there is fear on our streets simply because of muslims coming to this country including some that probably will never integrate with our society and openly seek to bring Sharia law and make us follow it.

Of course not all muslims are terrorists, but if push came to shove where do you really think their loyalty would be to their religion (which they have been brainwashed into) or to our culture which has nurtured many of them? I have Muslims in my family, they came over here from Cyprus in the late 1960's. They are as fearsome as everyone else who is actually aware of what Sharia and Islam are actually about and indeed involve and its not the pretty, pretty PR nonsense our government has tried to tout off on us and we are waking up to find out the real situation. It doesn't matter how long they have been here for, islam is being helped out to put us at risk by these haters because of the actions of men like cameron and blair bombing islamic countries for no genuine good reason and our being powerless to stop their involving our lives in their dash for greed.

Sorry not to agree with you but most people know muslims who have been here for a very long time and integrated, but the waves that have had Saudi imams on their cases here are a very different matter and some think we have every right to be wary and outspoken about this threat. It actually isn't about hate. The haters are the terrorists and Daesh etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

Agreed. The problem here is the large majority (once more) actually committing these atrocities "are of muslim faith".

We've read it a hundred times. "Not all muslims are terrorists, however, most terrorists are muslim"...

Sadly. ..... we could always, especially in these times, do with much less hate.....

Scotch. Scotch, I like scotch!

That is nonsense - what about the ATROCITES committed by Flint Michigan on her own people, What about the ATROCITIES committed in foriegn lands by drones and other ABOMINATIONS of war. What about the POVERTY forced on people around the world to line the pockets of a capitalist elite?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yes, yes I did see it - it's what I clicked on to get here...it's not the title of the thread I can't see but the apparent masses of people who want to kill all muslims that I'm missing.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
Yes, yes I did see it - it's what I clicked on to get here...it's not the title of the thread I can't see but the apparent masses of people who want to kill all muslims that I'm missing.

Sorry.

You should look into some of the right wing "political parties" on facebook, Britian first for example has over a million followers and the kind of things they talk about make you ashamed to be human.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
snip

edit on 1/13/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

You should look into some of the right wing "political parties" on facebook, Britian first for example has over a million followers and the kind of things they talk about make you ashamed to be human.

I don't know what they talk about ... haven't time for gossip and tittle tattle.

But I see nothing wrong with Britain putting their own first. That's just how

it should be

My family comes FIRST in my home, and that's just how it should be.

Too many countries/people expect someone else to pick up the tab for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I don't know what they talk about ... haven't time for gossip and tittle tattle.

But I see nothing wrong with Britain putting their own first. That's just how

it should be

My family comes FIRST in my home, and that's just how it should be.

Too many countries/people expect someone else to pick up the tab for them.

So would you consider yourself a good person then?

Or would you say that you are only interested in your own welfare.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So would you consider yourself a good person then?

That's not for me to say .... I've always believed that *self praise is

no recommendation*

Or would you say that you are only interested in your own welfare.

Those around me, anyone saying different is less than honest, I

don't seek popularity I value honesty, and sugar coating makes me

feel sick.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Don't leave, don't let the buggers get you down. They want to shut you up and to leave their right wing echo chamber unchallenged. Just don't get involved with certain debates or members, don't wrestle with pigs. When you have people wanting to dictate the narrative of the debate, your in for a losing run, so just extrapolate yourself and spend some time on another forum or something you enjoy. Try spending half an hour a day meditating and see how less reactive you become and how much more calm your brain can be. You can notice the difference after a few weeks.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

edit on 1/13/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join