It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Preserved Bronze Age Village Discovered In Cambridgeshire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The vid is fabby, isn't it? I know if I worked there I'd skid in the mud and bring that whole row of ancient pots down with me. It's safest to watch from afar.

If the horse spine was from the horse who pulled the cart, then it gives another view of what life might have been like in the fens. Not what I would have imagined, but that's definitely the exciting part.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Although having said that I've watched the video a few times now and from the perspective of the wheel and the female reporter perhaps it could have been a hand cart so I could see wooden tracks around the houses.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Continuing excavations at Must Farm are starting to reveal to archaeologists the story of the settlement , the evidence points to the settlement being destroyed soon after it was built , the team believe the fires were set deliberately but are uncertain as to whether it was done by the occupants or through an attack.

Another key area of investigation into the duration of the settlement is the formation of the archaeology.
When we first investigated the site in 2006 we noticed that there was no gap between evidence of the settlement’s construction and its destruction.

Uncharred woodchips from the creation of the palisade sat directly underneath burnt timbers and charred debris with no gap in between. This seemed particularly strange to us as we were expecting a separation as a result of the build-up of both natural river sediments and material from the day-to-day life of the settlement.

For some time, we assumed that this immediate relationship between construction and destruction was a strange formation anomaly in the deposits of the site. However, upon further exploration of the stratigraphy across the site it now seems that we were seeing a direct representation of the brevity of the settlement’s life.

The destruction of the site seems to have occurred soon enough after the construction of the homes and the palisade that there simply was not time for other deposits to form. While it is currently not known exactly how long these layers of sediment would have taken to form within our river channel, examining the deposits on site could help us to understand this timeframe better.
www.mustfarm.com...

<< 1   >>

join