It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Interestingly, most people assume Hugh himself actually owns the famous Playboy mansion, but in fact he does not. Playboy Enterprises owns the house and Hefner must pay an annual fee to cover rent and other expenses like food and parties. In typical years, that rent comes to around $1 million. And yes, that also includes the room and board for Hefner's live in girlfriends. In January 2016, Playboy Enterprises announced that it was putting the mansion up for sale for $200 million.
– Salary from Playboy: $116,667
– Social Security: $1,896
– Dividends and interest: $121,099
– Rental property: $17,058
– Income from HMH Productions: $15,808
– Pensions and retirement: $413
– Other miscellaneous income: $17,639
–Total monthly income: $290,580
And here's how Hugh spends his millions per month:
– Rent (including groceries, household supplies, utilities, cell phone and email): $53,593
– Food (approximate): $18,000
– Entertainment: $25,000
– College expenses for kids: $10,130
– Health care: $3,215