It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest question for discussion: Where, when and why did the US begin to fall?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Following the revolution, the US Government actually took steps to keep the bankers out of the new government!

founded in 1791, by the end of its twenty year charter the First Bank of the United States had almost ruined the nation's economy
The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favors that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests." .........
The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863

whatreallyhappened.com...

Read more: whatreallyhappened.com whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I reject the premise of the OP.

The American Spirit is not even close to collapse.

After years of bad judgement. It would be dishonest to blame one person.

I think we are about to turn this whole PC Pitty Party around.

We are down...But, not even close to being out.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The American Spirit is not dead, but I think the ability to determine their own course has been severely damaged due to the creation of the Fed, the elimination of the Gold Standard and every bodies favourite fly in the ointment: Quantitative Easing The flesh may be willing, but the Spirit is weak.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I think it started when one of our presidents took money to fund the war effort during the civil war. This money came from some do gooder who wanted to make a profit and lend money out with interest on both sides of the war.
This kind of activity still goes on today.
edit on 11-1-2016 by operayt because: add a thought

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: operaytAmerica spends as much on its military as all the world’s militaries combined.
It is an obscene amount of money dedicated to killing and oppression.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don't think the US is failing economically but it's failing it's people. It's really hard to pinpoint a specific period because everything is kind of built on everything that came before and it takes a really, really long time for a large nation to recover from issues that affect us nationally.

It's really easy to say and it was my first reaction to name GW Bush, though he did hurt us really bad there's more to it. Bill Clinton did an amazing job of getting the economy really flowing and people were pretty happy in the 90's all around it was kind of a renaissance period, I think... but it was all a tower built on stilts. Reagan and HW Bush hurt us pretty bad too.

I guess anytime that big money controls our government things go bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Why must the reason be via politics?

I blame Dr. Spock, but none of you know who he was or else think of him as being from Star Trek.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

By pinnacle of awesomness under Reagan, what do you mean?

The downing of a civilian Iranian airplane?
The challenger disaster? (fair enough not his direct fault)
the Iran-Contra affair?
Or the raising of the national debt from 997 billions to 2.85 trillions?

Or all combined?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
December 22, 1913 Federal Reserve Act

So that would be Woodrow Wilson

yep,
What Mediator said.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The period from Kennedy to the end of nixon. A lot of events, some beyond the reach of politics.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The US started to fall in the 1960's. That generation was the first to see the fed gov as a harmless means for solving problems. Also in that decade the Federal Reserve began the "guns and butter" spending policy that keeps inflation at 100% from the beginning to the end of a working person's lifetime.

The fall in is the cards from the time that the entire populations affairs are determined by a single group of people. That is, when the one establishment decides how all economic and political activity will be allowed. No one group is that smart or that impartial, and most individual abilities in the population are hindered by conformity.

That said, the Constitution, the National Banks, the War Between the States, and the Progressive Movement are all unnecessary steps on the path to One World Government. Any of them could be the real turning point, or maybe the most important event hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Nixon- HMO's
Reagan- Deregulation
Clinton- Nafta
Bush- Everything! (destroying the constitution, letting Big Business run wild, endless war, deregulation on steroids, etc)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I think we started to decline during the Vietnam era and than after the cold war with the Soviet Union. We started to get involved in too many foreign affairs. We started supporting dictators and covertly worked to overthrow the ruling party of other countries.

The increase in overseas trade also caused the U.S. to lose a lot of good paying factory jobs to countries with low hourly wages.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Probably sometime after TDR lost control of the whitehouse.
Don't really wanna go into detail, but the US seemed to go in a direction of self destruction after him.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty happy at this point in my life, go figure..hehe

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

I always wonder why terrorist never seem to go after the wealthy,royalty, bankers etc. One would think they would be a bigger target than a group of social service workers.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Very broad topic Kyo.

My take is it began with Sigmund Freud. But I reference him only as a founding father of the psychological sciences.
The early knowledge about human behavior that these sciences presented was used to manipulate, direct and control people as never before.

A most well known example of this is found by studying not only the work of Edward Bernays, a father of modern advertising, but also studying those of the last few decades who have written about him and the forms of mind control that have come about because of this knowledge. Specifically that advertising as we know it today and for the last 90 years has dumbed down the citizens of not only the US, but masses of people across the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It fell when Woodrow Wilson approved for the formation of the Fed. Forty years some later, was when President Kennedy was assassinated.
There should be huge monuments built to President Lincoln for keeping the United States together after the Civil War.
Well, can't forget Andrew Jackson. But....

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It fell when Woodrow Wilson approved for the formation of the Fed. Forty years some later, was when President Kennedy was assassinated.
There should be huge monuments built to President Lincoln for keeping the United States together after the Civil War.
Well, can't forget Andrew Jackson. But....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join