It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mazzy star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

anyone remember?
i cant even explain how much i love this song.
it is not the greatest song and does not have the greatest music by a long shot but damn.

i was 16 when this song came out and it still hits me pretty hard.
i guess i am unique in that from what i remember this was mostly a 'chick' song and i am not.

my mid teens were not a good time for me.
i remember feeling alone. depressed. basically just hating life.
being friends with a girl and wanting it to more all the while she was oblivious to it and i was too scared to make my feelings known.

this is just one of those songs.

there are not too many of those for me but as soon as it comes on i can remember being 16 like it was yesterday.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There is a small group of maybe me and 3 friends who every now one of us puts this up on facebook.

It is a kind of shoutout to remember who you are.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That song always gets me! it's pretty much perfect and almost universally relatable. without a doubt one of my favourites. The whole album ''so tonight that I might see'' is great, I listen to that album quite often.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Love this song! Before my husband and I started dating, he gave me a ride home one night and let me choose the music. I picked this song
He got the hint, lol. Always reminds me of him and that night.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Same here I'm male but I love this song. I too was a teen When it came out. I still have the CD!
edit on 1/11/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hope Sandoval's voice sends chills down my spine. Love it. Whether Mazzy Star or Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions or her work with the Reed brothers...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Funny, as soon as I saw the thread title I had to come see which song would be featured. lol I was going to share Fade as my favorite! Good taste around here, Who Knew?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This was never a "chick" song when it came out. I still put this song and album on every now and then and I mostly listen to punk rock n roll. Such a great band and song.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Gave you a star cos I can and cos I love this track too but will have to listen somewhere else as when I pressed the link it said not aloud in your country.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

My hubby likes it too! We still have the CD as well...sweet memories

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Good call. Brings back memories. Hard to find emotional music like this these days.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Prob one of her best songs. When music was still good..

The Sundays comes to mind too from around that time for chick alternative bands.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels
This was never a "chick" song when it came out. I still put this song and album on every now and then and I mostly listen to punk rock n roll. Such a great band and song.

well i was where im from.
all the alt girls at my school likes it but the dudes were too bad ass for that.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is one of my top 10 songs of all time too. So beautiful.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Another one of my favourite Mazzy Star songs is called Into Dust.

It's off of the same album that gave us her hit song Fade Into You:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Was a big fan of Mazzy Star..
Such a big influence on shoegazer but in general just a defining alternative song from the 90s..
Mazzy Star reunited a released a new album in 2014 called Seasons of Your Day

Anyway Hope Sandoval has released some great solo work with The Warm Inventions also..

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
+1. one of my favorite unwinds is turning the lights off (maybe have a Christmas tree or lava lamp) and putting Mazzy/Hope on the stereo.

'Mary of Silence' and 'All Your Sisters' are great too.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Great song. I remember it fondly. That whole album was very down tempo, but very nice to listen to. Kind of a cross between the Velvet Underground and the Doors. But more chill.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Prob one of her best songs. When music was still good..

The Sundays comes to mind too from around that time for chick alternative bands.

Remember the band Medicine? They were a chick shoegaze band. They were on The Crow soundtrack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join