It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton to propose four percent income-tax 'surcharge' on wealthy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hillary has announced yet another master plan to solve all the economic problems !!

This new one is called the "Fair Share Surcharge".

It will reportedly produce a whopping $150 billion over 10 years.

And it comes from people making over $5 million a year.

She also says a minimum 30% tax on people making $1 million is a great idea !!

And I hear the Rothschild Bank in Guernsey is preparing for new accounts.

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is calling for a 4 percent "surcharge" income tax on people earning more than $5 million annually, a Clinton aide said on Monday.

The so-called "Fair Share Surcharge" would be imposed on the two out of every 10,000 taxpayers who make more than $5 million a year and is expected to raise $150 billion over a decade, the aide said.

Clinton said she would announce her plans to go even farther than the "Buffet rule," which would establish a minimum tax rate of 30 percent on those earning more than $1 million per year. The income-tax surcharge is the first part of her push, with more tax policies to be released later this week, a campaign aide said.

I think People are

"Fed up" and Disgusted

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's a step in the right direction at least. I dislike Hillary as much as the next guy, but is taxing the rich a little more than the average person a bad idea? Absolutely not.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hillary has announced yet another master plan to solve all the economic problems !!

This new one is called the "Fair Share Surcharge".

It will reportedly produce a whopping $150 billion over 10 years.

And it comes from people making over $5 million a year.

She also says a minimum 30% tax on people making $1 million is a great idea !!

And I hear the Rothschild Bank in Guernsey is preparing for new accounts.

U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is calling for a 4 percent "surcharge" income tax on people earning more than $5 million annually, a Clinton aide said on Monday.

The so-called "Fair Share Surcharge" would be imposed on the two out of every 10,000 taxpayers who make more than $5 million a year and is expected to raise $150 billion over a decade, the aide said.

Clinton said she would announce her plans to go even farther than the "Buffet rule," which would establish a minimum tax rate of 30 percent on those earning more than $1 million per year. The income-tax surcharge is the first part of her push, with more tax policies to be released later this week, a campaign aide said.

I think People are

"Fed up" and Disgusted

I'm sure her plan will carve out an exemption for those who make millions giving speeches.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So tax the guy only making a million a third of what he makes, and barely tax the guy making five million...

Sounds legit...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It's a step in the right direction at least. I dislike Hillary as much as the next guy, but is taxing the rich a little more than the average person a bad idea? Absolutely not.

Rich already pay quite a bit more than the average person. In fact, nearly half of the people aren't paying anything.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
More taxes = bigger government not less problems.

Let's eliminate the government.

What we need is a new currency model not this old system made for 1790.

Let's eliminate the stock market it's built on the premise of people making money off of the labor of others.

That's the real economic killer. Profiting off of someone's else's labor.

Yeah that's the economy killer.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yeah that is ridiculous. My father in law is an entrepreneur and has made millions after growing up in poverty. The amount of taxes he pays through the businesses he runs, benefits he provides, etc. are quite significant. Not to mention things like gift tax and inheritance tax the Government will claim when the time comes.

"Demonizing the rich" by "taxing them a more fair share" is missing the crux of the problem. It is crony corporatism, to include the fixed game of wall street and large federal contracts affiliated with the MIC that need more scrutiny - not to mention the deficit we've created to keep our empire in full swing...

HRC is just going for talking points some campaign strategist told her will energize her base...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Here's the story of Hillary and all the other progs and their tax plans.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok, if I am not mistaken in 2015 Obama made a promise to increase the tax on the wealthy, so how come now Hillary is using this for political propaganda, obviously Obama never delivered his promise that made on his Nations address.

Fishy, Fishy, lies and broken promises but as usual it feeds the commoners that wants to hear this crap.

edit on 11-1-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
All this will do is promote more government waste.

More taxation just leads to bloated government. Look around.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And the millions they send offshore that never gets taxed? I'd say them paying a higher percentage would make up for that at least some. You can't expect to make money off of the economy and not put any back into it.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The rich don't get to be that way by being stupid with their money. No one works hard just to watch some other entity come in a take most of what they've worked hard for, and like it or not, the fiction that most of the rich are undeserving and didn't earn their money is untrue. That sort of behavior is not the sort that led to them making the money in the first place.

So, if you want them to keep their money in the country, you need to lower the rates to reasonable ones rather than continuously jacking the rate up ever higher to try to snare in a shrinking portion of the fleeing money.

In fact, if I were to win Powerball, do you know where a good chunk of it would go after the intial tax payout? Overseas. I'm not about to continue spending more on taxes than I have to.

edit on 11-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is so true, but don't try to reason with somebody that don't do anything to earn anything but still wants everything, (and not I am not talking about anybody here), because the mantra that those with money were born rich, that is not so, is only a 1 percent of the population that are actually born into money the rest have work hard to earn what they have.

The born rich doesn't get penalized the working rich is.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
LOL!!! Damn, xuenchen....you beat me to it.

I was just checking to see if this FANTASTIC news had been posted yet.

“This surcharge is a direct way to ensure that effective rates rise for taxpayers who are avoiding paying their fair share, and that the richest Americans pay an effective rate higher than middle-class families,” a Clinton campaign aide said.
The surcharge, which Clinton unveiled at an organizing event in Iowa Monday afternoon, would raise more than $150 billion over 10 years, the aide said.

thehill.com...

Good on her!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I have direct experience with several very successful people even if I'm not that person myself. I pay attention when they talk about this kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

so how come now Hillary is using this for political propaganda, obviously Obama never delivered his promise that made on his Nations address.

Not fishy.

It is because the Republicans who were butt-hurt about him winning REFUSED to cooperate with ANYTHING he said.

Like misbehaved children.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Add that to the whooping sum that Obama promises last year on taxing the rich has already earned.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

America can make more than that off of the Powerball taxes in less than one year as long as they keep conveniently not calling the winning numbers. I think we're up to $500,000,000.00 in taxes as it currently stands.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Problem is the rich are already taxed far more than their "fair share."

Top 1%: paid $392,149mil for 20.70% AGI for 38.02% of taxes.
Top 5%: paid $213,569mil for 34.73% AGI for 58.72% of taxes.
Top 10%: paid $721,421mil for 45.77% AGI for 69.94% of taxes.
Top 25%: paid $890,614mil for 67.38% AGI for 86.34% of taxes.
Top 50%: paid $1,003,639mil for 87.25% AGI for 97.30% of taxes.
Bottom 50%: $27,783 mil for 12.75% AGI for 2.59% of taxes.

In other words:

The top 1% earned 20.70% of the income, but paid 38.02% of taxes.
The top 5% earned 34.73% of the income, but paid 58.72% of taxes.
The top 10% earned 45.77% of the income, but paid 69.94% of taxes.
The top 25% earned 67.38% of the income, but paid 86.34% of taxes.
The top 50% earned 87.25% of the income, but paid 97.30% of taxes.
The bottom 50% earned 12.75% of the income, but paid 2.59% of taxes.

Now let’s put that in perspective.

The top 1% means you're at or above $380,354.
The top 5% means you're at or above $159,619.
The top 10% means you're at or above $113,799.
The top 25% means you're at or above $67,280.
The top 50% means you're at or above $33,048.
The bottom 50% means you're below $33,048.

Yet you want more. And you say "tax the corporations!" because you think they aren't paying their "fair share." Yet WHO PAYS CORPORATE TAXES? You do, chump. Corporations don't pay taxes; they pass on taxes in the cost of their products., Every corporate employee, from CEO to janitor, pays taxes on his income, and on dividends. "Corporate" taxes are extra--and you pay them.

The fact is the government has an insatiable demand for money. They NEVER have enough because there is ALWAYS yet another program to be implemented to support someone's pet projects.

The government gets quite enough money from the rich as it is. They already pay nearly TWICE the percentage compoared to their income, and half of you don't even pay taxes at all.,

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Read my lips, no taxes on the rich.

Is all propaganda by Billary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join