It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Center for Global Engagement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSmediaPRO

Combating disinformation with more disinformation. Sure, what could possible go wrong?

Where does it say that the Global Engagement Center will combat disinformation with disinformation? I don't see it. Just to reiterate the goals of the center:

The new Global Engagement Center will focus more on “empowering and enabling partners, governmental and non-governmental, who are able to speak out against these groups and provide an alternative to ISIL’s nihilistic vision.” The Engagement Center will offer services ranging from planning thematic social media campaigns, to providing factual information that counters disinformation, building capacity for third parties to effectively utilize social media, and research and evaluation.

Among the many service outlined by the center, countering disinformation with 'factual information' is one of them.

Propaganda doesn't have to be disinformation. It can be truth disseminated from a particular perspective. In fact, propagandists and PR officers are more inclined to spread facts than lies, because if they were found to be lying, their campaign will be damaged and they will lose credibility.

The government has had similar centers in the past, which have failed. It's about time they invest more to keep up with states and non-state actors. Russia's been running the propaganda train for years now and ISIS is still going mostly unchallenged on the social media channels where they still operate. I don't see a problem as long as the Global Engagement Center doesn't deviate from their priorities.

edit on 12-1-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ummm...this is an easy one...Future history is written by the winner's..."Global Engagement"...is just going to ensure where the "truth lies"...

Seems like we have lots of candidates for positions there

Seems like...WE...have lots of candidates for positions there...
Freudian...maybe...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Ummm...

Combating disinformation with more disinformation

to providing factual information that counters disinformation

Figuring out where the truth...lies...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Global engagement? so broad, I guess now is going to be experts that will be turning truths into conspiracies so the realities will be faded into fantasies.

I thought the government was doing that already, but I guess now is going to be "Globally".

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I am inferring that this is an 'official' attempt at bringing or versions of PressTV and RT to the world, as they are doing here. I get RT and PressTV in real time through an app that was pre-loaded on my TV. Maybe it is time we reciprocated in Russia and Iran?? That is of course, unless they pass laws to stop us. Then we would technically be able to claim a higher ground as we allow them the liberty to do so on our people.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I can not wait to see what is all about, I mean, is not that we in the US do not have enough sensationalism already. Right?

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Didn't Cass Sunstein propose an office of this sort? All part of his cognitive infiltration of various "hostile" groups.What happens when a flame war develops between these various propagandists?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join