It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myths of Al Qaeda

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Amethyst
You guys're gonna love this one.

Apparently "al qaeda" is Arabic slang for "the toilet." Check out one of my sources here:

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Yeah, and I heard that one interpretation of the Quran says that if they die a martyr, they will be rewarded with 72 RAISINS, not virgins.

Becky, darlin', I knew you couldn't stay away for too long.
I see you're still struggling with that sense of humor thing. Don't worry, girlfriend, it'll come..

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
I believe Clinton had multiple chances to get Osama but he decided not to because he thought it might make others think poorly of the US. I did a paper on that subject of how Clinton did nothing to stop terrorism, I think i will post it in a thread.

Clinton was a political whore. He'd do whatever he needed to at any given time to keep his a double s out of the sling. He could've gotten Osama, but he chose not to. The bigger powers needed Osama for their 9-11 fiction.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Dear group,

Have read with interest the postings from skeptics here regarding the war on terror, etc.
Did anyone here ever watch the BBC documentary [3 part!] entitled 'The Power Of Nightmares'?

If not then I strongly recommend going to this link to have a read and a listen...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Believe me it will open your eyes and answer most questions...and yes..it is Orwellian, but TRUE.

Carpe Diem
-Shai

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ok webdevil
just to inform you that the taliban came to america in 1996 to secure a deal with a company that wanted to lay a pipe line through thier country and the taliban assured the company that afghanistan was a safe and neutral place to lay this oil pipeline..a french company pulled out of the deal as they didnt believe the taliban for one minute and new that they would have to build around afghanistan costing way to much. the same happened to a swiss construction company who also pulled out of the deal and this was costing the us oil giants big time...along came an oil construction company in the usa and said heh we will build this pipe line and met the taliban and agreed to a deal and at the last minute the taliban didnt trust them. since then bush and cheney have been looking for a way to make afghanistan safe enough for them to build this pipe line ....2001 and bingo along came a reason..the rest just join the dots and see what you come up with

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
If you're one of those folks who still believe the fiction surrounding our war on terror, read this. It's a brief overview of who actually lurks behind the crime.

And you are one of those folks who believes every crap that Rense has on his site.....
Now that's fiction....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You would be amazed that people can get sucked into believing we have an evil America. Look at the other countries leaders in this world. You trash threaded again. BS!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientsailor
You would be amazed that people can get sucked into believing we have an evil America. Look at the other countries leaders in this world. You trash threaded again. BS!

Just keep ur eyes closed....ignorance is bliss aint it!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Just keep ur eyes closed....ignorance is bliss aint it!!!

Those folks are scared of their own shadows, not to mention too weak-minded to differentiate truth from fiction. If someone doesn't TELL them specifically how to think or how to behave, they're lost. They'd make excellent cannon fodder for the US Army.
The government has told them to fear the boogie man al-CIAda. By extension, they subconsiously, if not outrightly, encourage the simple-minded masses to hate those AyeRabs. Stirs that passion for killing up. The media reinforces the Neo Con fiction to the nth degree and the simpletons believe it - why? 'Cos they said it on TV!
If those people did some real investigating, they would be floored at what they'd discover. They have bought, hook, line and sinker, the BIG LIE. (Look that up under HITLER)

Negative blanket statements about Rense are silly. Anyone with half a brain can determine the difference between editorials, opinions and good research vs. bad. If you can't, then you might wanna go back to high school.
(No offense high schoolers)

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

This is a link that has nothing to do with jeff rense.I post it again I defy anyone to read the transcript or listen to the material and still beleiev a word Bush & Co. has to say about the War On Terror and who is behind it.

As for those who would rather read past it, skip over it, ignore it and keep dissing the idea that this 'war' is an invention of Orwellian minds, neo-cons and adherents of Strauss, Wolfowitz, and Rice...a question:

Did you or did you not watch your own Secretary of State tell bald-faced lies to the UN?
And you still believe in American credibility on terrorism?

Here's my take on Al Queda and 9-11

Al-Queda is a front, a fiction, a ruse. And 9-11 was our own American version of Nero burning Rome.

Argue all you want..but you better come armed with facts. if yoy care to dispute or disporve anything on the BBC Horizon transcript site: The Power Of Nightmares..let me know and I'll be glad to engage you in a debate about it, anytime.

-Sincerely
-Shai

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Does the Bush administration invoke 9/11 and Al Qaeda so often to create an Orwellian aura of fear to silence critics and push their right-wing imperialistic agenda? YES!

Is the CIA and Reagan administration at least partially responsible for the creation of Al Qaeda? You bet your ass.

Is our current 'War on Terror' largely a farce for its (at best) wishy-washy stance against Saudi Arabia, which appeases us by capturing/killing low level terrorists while financial big fish (Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Khalid Bin Mahfouz, etc.) go free? RESOUNDING YES!

Is the threat from Al Qaeda and the other Sunni Jihadist movements real? Definitely.

The CIA and the Reagan administration, due to their shortsightedness, incompetence, and blind hatred of all things Communist, backed Sunni jihadist movements in such places as Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria. It was their view that the Muslim Brotherhood was the perfect counter to the Godless Communists. A 1996 article in the Atlantic Monthly Journal placed CIA paramilitaries in the same Peshawar training camps where blind Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman preached against the Soviets, despite the easily known fact that he had issued the fatwa to assassinate Egyptian President Anwar Sadat. Rahman would go on to become a spiritual leader of early Al Qaeda, and the leader of the original New York City Al Qaeda cell that murdered Rabbi Mehir Kahane, attacked the World Trade Center, and concocted the Day of Terror plot.

We look the other way when it comes to Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, for the simple reasons of Saudi Arabia's oil and Pakistan's nukes.

9/11 happened. Planes were, in fact, hijacked by Al Qaeda terrorists. They were, in fact, crashed into the World Trade Center and Pentagon (as they had been planning for 7 years). And there were no planted explosives in the towers or cruise missiles fired at the surrounding buildings.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Come to grips with your fear. Deriding those who are trying to spread the truth will get you no where. When the time of great suffering comes, and you are no longer afforded your blindness, you will be sorry you did not recognize the tyranny sooner.

I do remember my Grandfather (past on now) saying more than thirty years ago that people today (younger generation) could not grasp the depression and starvation (commonly known as the dirty thirtys because of the dust storms of that era). In his view today is a picnic compared to the depression of those who faced it.
How do you know the truth? By what others say it is true? Fear, I have no fear of you or what comes out of your mouth, the fear you have is of one who is consumed in it. Your anger shows upon the threads you place upon these pages are evidence. What do you truely believe besides someone who write down what you should acknowlege as truth. If you did not beieve in serving your country, what was your agenda of going in, an education? I have served. What would you say to me now? I am blind of the tyranny at hand? My fate is blind? I think anger and hate is blinded by the fact of fear you have towards others. You are the one pressing that others should believe what you do by links that opposes anything and follow noone, nor beliefs except self appointed of right and wrong for others. What is to come must come, we have to face it when it does? Can you save the world, East? Can you lead us out of bondage we are in now? Can you be a man to do this? Will the anger and hate be a good trait for a leader? Can you promise to protect of every living human being upon this planet from harm by others? What would you do, East? Want to be a leader, what would you do? Sit there and think about what if you had to lead and make choices that others would tear your a*** apart because you were not doing a good job for the good of the people. It does not take a lot to crash and destroy others who are not doing it right according to whoever, it takes a man to bridge people of different culture for a future of hope, not fear of it!
Ever considered see a counselor at the Vet center? Good organization about talking about your anger. These people are good source of what you may need to heal inside. It is your choice? Good luck to you. Take it from a Veteran who has hit bottom, rock soild bottom of a very bad depression spells I get into. Meds help me think better of what I am doing, it does not keep me from being anger, it helps to control my very bad temper.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Dear group,

Among the dozens of similar websites I find this one of the easiest to read and comprehend.
If we're going to argue theories let's start with facts:

emperors-clothes.com...
..should give you all you need to get started.

If this is bunk or disnifo no one has come forward to rebutt the 'evidence' cited here. It may not add up in your mind to a conspiracy or a crime on a par with nero burning Rome, but then what counter-theory would account for this same set of facts?
As soon as the 'official story' is proven to be fundamentally flawed at its roots then the theory must be discredited. PERIOD. That's the law in the hard sciences..and it should be 'the law' in all fields and in public discourse.

Instead of picking and choosing only the facts which suit pet theories why don't we grow up and accept the consequences of whatever an honest search for the truth which explains ALL the facts will lead us to?

There are so many gaping holes in the ófficial story' that any objective, unbiased observer would have to conclude it must be largely if not completely at odds with 'the truth', even if the truth is not completely known.

I would be more than happy to post a link to a 9-11 radio show [streaming] ..and one I am sure will cause serious discomfort to anyone trying to defend the 'party-line'.

-Sincerely
-Shai

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

stream.911truthradio.com...

-Sincerely
-Shai

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
August 6 Memo------Proof of Bush's apathy to the Sunni Jihadist Threat.

Bush sitting to listen to 'My Pet Goat' after being simply told 'Nation Under Attack'------proof of Bush's childish cowardice, ineptitude, and lack of real leadership skills.

Inability to scramble planes------incompetence, bureaucratic confusion, and shock on many levels, including the Pentagon and the White House.

Ensuing cover-up------simple save-butt careerist attitude of Washington and the Pentagon brass.

The failure to scramble planes on 9/11 is proof that the Bush White House is incompetent and self-serving, not that there is some sort of grand conspiracy that knowingly let 9/11 happened.

You would have a hard time convincing me that the likes of George Tenet, Richard Clarke, Michael Scheuer, John O'Neill and all the other true blue American warriors in the decades-long fight against terrorism were either A.) Part of the Conspiracy or B.) Totally blind to such a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bauer 51
Does the Bush administration invoke 9/11 and Al Qaeda so often to create an Orwellian aura of fear to silence critics and push their right-wing imperialistic agenda? YES!

Is the CIA and Reagan administration at least partially responsible for the creation of Al Qaeda? You bet your ass.

Is our current 'War on Terror' largely a farce for its (at best) wishy-washy stance against Saudi Arabia, which appeases us by capturing/killing low level terrorists while financial big fish (Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Khalid Bin Mahfouz, etc.) go free? RESOUNDING YES!

Is the threat from Al Qaeda and the other Sunni Jihadist movements real? Definitely.

The CIA and the Reagan administration, due to their shortsightedness, incompetence, and blind hatred of all things Communist, backed Sunni jihadist movements in such places as Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria. It was their view that the Muslim Brotherhood was the perfect counter to the Godless Communists. A 1996 article in the Atlantic Monthly Journal placed CIA paramilitaries in the same Peshawar training camps where blind Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman preached against the Soviets, despite the easily known fact that he had issued the fatwa to assassinate Egyptian President Anwar Sadat. Rahman would go on to become a spiritual leader of early Al Qaeda, and the leader of the original New York City Al Qaeda cell that murdered Rabbi Mehir Kahane, attacked the World Trade Center, and concocted the Day of Terror plot.

We look the other way when it comes to Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, for the simple reasons of Saudi Arabia's oil and Pakistan's nukes.

9/11 happened. Planes were, in fact, hijacked by Al Qaeda terrorists. They were, in fact, crashed into the World Trade Center and Pentagon (as they had been planning for 7 years). And there were no planted explosives in the towers or cruise missiles fired at the surrounding buildings.

You got it mostly wrong, its much worse then you state it is.

No islamic terrorist were behind 9-11

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bauer 51
August 6 Memo------Proof of Bush's apathy to the Sunni Jihadist Threat.

Bush sitting to listen to 'My Pet Goat' after being simply told 'Nation Under Attack'------proof of Bush's childish cowardice, ineptitude, and lack of real leadership skills.

Inability to scramble planes------incompetence, bureaucratic confusion, and shock on many levels, including the Pentagon and the White House.

Ensuing cover-up------simple save-butt careerist attitude of Washington and the Pentagon brass.

The failure to scramble planes on 9/11 is proof that the Bush White House is incompetent and self-serving, not that there is some sort of grand conspiracy that knowingly let 9/11 happened.

You would have a hard time convincing me that the likes of George Tenet, Richard Clarke, Michael Scheuer, John O'Neill and all the other true blue American warriors in the decades-long fight against terrorism were either A.) Part of the Conspiracy or B.) Totally blind to such a conspiracy.

Just curious..did you go to either the Power of Nightmares link or the 9-11 radio link that i posted?
Surely not or you wouldn't have written a reply like this.
You know there was a miltary exercise planned for that morning and the Bush folks say that because of the on-going alert for exercise there was some confusion as to whether this was a real emergency or a pre-planned part of the exercise..and that is why no planes were scrambled to intercept the planes.
BUT..in actual fact the exercise was scrubbed and planes were sent back to routine duty hours before the 9-11 attacks.
There is also the evidence that the plane that went down over Pennsylvania was shot down and didn't crash because of passengers taking back the controls.
Plus the fact that a plane with the same tail number as reportedly hit the WTC has been spotted more than once plying the skies in malaysia SINCE 911..and that is according to the plane spotters of the UK among others..who are not by definition 'conspiracy buffs'>
You also seem reluctant to ascribe any ulterior motives to the agent who destroyed the only known transcripts of the chatter between ground control and the hijacked planes as they headed for downtown N.Y. This was reported in the NY Times and the Internationa Herald tribune..the excuse he gave for destroying an incredibly valuable historical recording..he didn't want the families to be upset by what they heard.

if you want the links and the articles here or by U2U let me know, I'd be happy to provide them..or would you be happier to remain in your safe little fantasy?

-Shai

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Fear, I have no fear of you or what comes out of your mouth

I never said you feared me. Don't take things so personally. I was referring to the government-appointed boogie men you fear.

If you did not beieve in serving your country

Of course I believed in serving my country. To say otherwise is ridiculous, not mention just plain ignorant. Perhaps if you read more of my threads/posts you would know that. Let's see.. I joined 16 years ago, after quitting college. I was 19. Back then I was a very partisan, know-it-all, conservative Republican hawk on defense. My guys ran the show, I was fearless and out for adventure. What could be better? I believed in our leadership, I believed in the rhetoric, I wanted to see the world and I was more than willing to serve for it.

I have served. What would you say to me now? I am blind of the tyranny at hand? My fate is blind? I think anger and hate is blinded by the fact of fear you have towards others.

Now, now.. You're projecting. But thank you for your service, just the same. Perhaps you should look into deprogramming. If you're a civilian now, the time has come.

Can you save the world, East? Can you lead us out of bondage we are in now?

Why, yes I can!
Seriously, I share information w/all who seek to know what's really going on - outside the world of controlled media. I'm sorry if the links I provide freak you out. That sounds like a something you need to start dealing with - and not by attacking the messenger. If it doesn't sound like the inane media blather you're accustomed to, that oughtta tell you something. You're a civilian now; as I said before, think for yourself.

Ever considered see a counselor at the Vet center? Good organization about talking about your anger.

You keep coming back to anger... You keep projecting on me your anger. I appreciate your backhanded concern, but the answer to your question is no, I've never sought counseling. I've never felt the need, thankfully. I'm very laid back by nature and have a great family & friends (a few who are also vets, coicidentally) that I can shoot the shyte and party with. I was very lucky having come home from the war in great shape physically and emotionally. I've also always looked back on those days with pride and as some of the best times I've ever had.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here's an excellent piece explaining methods and a little bit of history.

Israel’s Secret Agenda: Funding Arab Terrorism

Why would Israel provide covert support for Islamic fundamentalist extremists? The answer to this provocative question points toward a dirty little secret that the major media in America is keeping under wraps.

Exclusive To American Free Press

By Michael Collins Piper

There is a solid record of evidence pointing to ward a longtime—albeit little-known—role by Israel’s intelligence service, the Mossad, in providing financing and tactical support for the very “Muslim extremists” presumed to be Israel’s worst enemies. The truth is that Muslim extremists have proven useful (if often unwitting) tools in advancing Israel’s own geopolitical agenda.

Although many Americans are now aware that Osama bin Laden’s early efforts against the Soviets in Afghanistan were sponsored by the CIA, the media has been reticent to point out that this arms pipeline—described by Covert Action Information Bulletin (Sept ember 1987) as “the second largest covert operation” in the CIA’s history—was also, according to former Mossad operative Victor Ostrovsky (writing in The Other Side of Deception), under the direct supervision of the Mossad.
www.americanfreepress.net...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So you're saying that Mohammed Atta & Co. didn't even hijack the planes?

Or are you saying that it was all an illusion and no planes even really hit the buildings?

hey...maybe all the passengers on those planes were just taken to Roswell where they are in cryogenic stasis.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Actually, I did not refer to any of the above at all in my past two posts. But I'm open to discussing it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join