It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen girl uses 'superhuman strength' to lift burning truck off dad and save family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
SOURCE: The Mirror UK

Snippet:

When Charlotte Heffelmire's dad was being crushed by a truck, the 5ft 6in student thought nothing of springing into action. Charlotte Heffelmire is being celebrated as a hero after she lifted a pick-up truck off her dad - and saved her family from a dangerous fire. Dad Eric was working in the family garage on a GMC pick-up truck when the jack propping up the car slipped and pinned him to the ground, with leaking petrol instantly catching fire.

What a courageous young woman. Saved her dad and likely the house. Humans do some amazing things to protect those we love. I hope this young lady heals up from her injuries and gets to have the career she is wanting to pursue. The US could use more folks in public service with her kind of spunk. Bravo for her.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Video or it didn't happen.

There doesn't appear to be much details on how the event occurred. Good news they are both safe but:

Did she actually lift the truck completely of the ground?

Or just enough to release some pressure of the shocks with the help of her dad to get him to squeeze out?

edit on 50131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2016 12:50:09 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Side note...how did the petrol catch on fire while he was working on the truck? Was he smoking a cigarette at the time for all this to escalate into something unforeseen yet predictable?

I know with her strengths to military could use girls like these. Bravo!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can't wait to hear the positivists' machinations on how this was physically possible.

Or that it just didn't happen because there's no video.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They should get her to re-enact the scene and then make a viral YT video out of it

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Heroine! ultra awesomeness..

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I think this is her daughter

And here is the husband

edit on 06131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2016 13:06:59 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 07131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2016 13:07:27 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe she used her head and started pumping that jack that was probably still anchored under the truck??? Dad may not have been the best witness as the garage was on fire n he was being crushed by a truck. Then again what do I know, I wasn't there.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe she rolled the truck forward off of him and then claimed she lifted it off of him to make the media go crazzzzy over the story!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The way I imagine it is her picking up the car over her head and throwing it through a wall

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I'm thinking she did not actually lift the car of the ground , but rather stretched the shocks up enough to give her dad an inch or less to get out. If he was pinned more than that than him not getting crushed is the miracle.

However, there is not enough information eitherway.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
That would imply the tires where still on the truck cause there would be no lifting of shocks otherwise. Dads an idiot for not using jack stands.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

that vehicle is on a lever just out of sight. I can tell by the way it only slowly makes its way back to the ground, as if something is keeping its center of gravity from just free falling like normal.

Also as far as the OP, I hope the father has learned his lesson as to why you never rely on a jack to hold your vehicle up. This is an excellent reminder of why it is important to use stands after lifting the vehicle.
edit on 11-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was in a car crash years ago. Ex was driving (wasn't an ex at the time), but she fell asleep (I was already asleep). I woke up when the roof of the car hit my head repeatedly as the car bounced down the road like an upturned skateboard.

A fire started in the footwell where I was. She tried to undo her seatbelt but it was doing its job and the button wouldn't work. I somehow held her up with one hand, enough to release the tension on the belt and managed to get the button in with the other hand, and the belt retracted.

She got out through the broken window on her side (leaving me in the burning car. Did I mention she's now an ex? Lol)

Strange things do happen.

edit on 11-1-2016 by uktorah because: Added text

edit on 11-1-2016 by uktorah because: Removed text

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
That would imply the tires where still on the truck cause there would be no lifting of shocks otherwise. Dads an idiot for not using jack stands.

I think that might be the case, I didn't see the video , but from the story it doesn't make any mention of the tires being off. Unless the video mentions the tires were off?

Dad Eric was working in the family garage on a GMC pick-up truck when the jack propping up the car slipped and pinned him to the ground, with leaking petrol instantly catching fire.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Logic and common sense said otherwise and there's a picture I didn't even have to look at of a truck with its front wheels off. As to how or why it was leaking gasoline that's anyone's guess, if it was a faulty tank that don't require removing wheels. There is a lot to this story that don't add up.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
The way I imagine it is her picking up the car over her head and throwing it through a wall

That's what I would have done, hehehe

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yeah theres no tire on front right.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I had video and pics disabled and didn't see the picture. The dad was dumber than I thought with not having some type of safety jack or something.

There is a lot to this story that don't add up.

Yeah.I have to agree with the lack of details.

However, I'm guessing there was no superhuman strength nor was the truck actually lifted hence the lack of details.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join