It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Texas billionaires bought up 38,000 acres of Idaho land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
SOURCE: The Olympian

Snippet:

GRANGEVILLE, Idaho Over the past six years, two Texas billionaire brothers have bought about 38,000 acres of land on the Joseph Plains in Idaho County and apparently have closed access to local residents for hunting and recreation. According to the Idaho County Assessor's Office, beginning in 2008, Farris and Dan Wilks of Cisco, Texas, started purchasing ranches, including the Evergreen Land and Cattle Co., owned by the Hitchcock family, and the Robbins-France ranch in western Idaho County, worth a combined total of $2.4 million. The final transaction took place in September.

This story sparked my interest because these 2 are some very conservative characters and very wealthy members of The Assembly of Yahweh 7th Day Adventist. I know this is pure speculation but these purchases and the 300,000 acres they purchased in Montana cause me to wonder. Are they planning on creating a settlement for their church? Perhaps they just plan on resource exploitation but they could turn these huge tracks of land into a large religious based community. Makes me wonder.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yeah I agree, good speculation.
Maybe giving up a state or two will help keep
the peace ?
I don't know the two billionaires agenda
but if a white, Christian, heavily armed community,
that keeps to themselves starts to build up in Idaho,
I say let them live in peace and solitude.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It certainly sounds like a possible start to a compound/commune or whatever label you want to put on it. I'm not saying definitively that is the case, but with that much land you could easily build a large scale community there. Who knows for sure though. It would be interesting though to keep an eye on those tracts and see what else begins to develop. A land grab of that size could be used for any number of things

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
yeah I agree, good speculation.
Maybe giving up a state or two will help keep
the peace ?
I don't know the two billionaires agenda
but if a white, Christian, heavily armed community,
that keeps to themselves starts to build up in Idaho,
I say let them live in peace and solitude.

I wonder if you or anyone would say the same if this were a group of tan, Muslim, heavily armed community members that keep to themselves..

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Makes me wonder.

Perhaps there is oil under that land..

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe they have insider info and are just buying that land for a place to bug out to when TSHTF.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Greetings- I wonder if they too are using taxpayer $$ to buy said lands. Now why would I type something like this?

www.alternet.org...

www.publiclandsranching.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

If You take the minute or 2 to check the links You 'may' come away disgruntled. Why would any family member of the Walton Cabal (Chinamar...uh..er... Walmart® fame) need our $$$ to make even more $$$?

This answer is the same as the question: Why does a dog lick His own balls? because He can.
These turds that have more $$$ (I can't even type the actual name of it anymore) than they'll ever spend WANT even more $$$ the definition of greed.

namaste

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That is an area only a little over six miles wide and ten miles long. It may seem like a lot of land to some but it is not really that big. If you got the money, you might as well invest in some land to put a hunting camp on.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Maybe they have insider info and are just buying that land for a place to bug out to when TSHTF.

I'm not too sure common sense or the most obvious reason is meant to be discussed in this thread. If you're like me, though, you're getting a chuckle out of the conspiracy theories being discussed.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There are many other reasons to buy that land than start your own religious community, which as a Southern Baptist, would be extremely weird. They may want to put cattle out there, or crops. IA religious community would have been the last thing that came to my mind. Of course, I don't know them and they may just be like Marshall Herff Applewhite.

Is there a comet in the near future?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The quoted source says 38,000 acres, but OP states 300,000 acres. Which is? That's a big difference.

ETA: The 300k acres in Montana. My confusion,
edit on 11-1-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Failed to thoroughly read OP

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Cool, I was up there in the Air Force in 1975......that place is just plain neat up there....kind special for nature all around and winter like a mother bear...

one gets the feeling Heaven is close.....the fields get a fall wetting.....and the next day the water can be seen lifting up outta the ground surface....slowly at first....then it hops right up to the low cloud base....kinda broken up which is a cool look.....and you can sit there and watch, Heavens suck up a cloud off ground level, a cloud as big as a car.....

edit on 11-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 11-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Seventh Day Adventist are usually vegetarian ?!?

They have money, so why not buy up hunting/cattle ranches to stop the activities of meat eaters? Though, this barely puts a dent in hunters/cattle ranches.

Don't know, strange isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is in my backyard. This is what happens when the rich and religion come. Everyone else becomes outsiders. Money should not have so many rights over humans.

"Over the past six years, two Texas billionaire brothers have bought about 38,000 acres of land on the Joseph Plains in Idaho County and apparently have closed access to local residents for hunting and recreation.

Read more here: www.theolympian.com...=cpy

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Idaho is potato mecca.
Idaho has 3 of the largest silver mines in the world. 40% of all US silver comes from Idaho.
Idaho has a lot of mineable gold, but markets being so low (right now), not deemed profitable.
Idaho is actually a large source of Tungsten, Cobalt and Vanadium.

Oil and gas is scarce, very expensive to harvest.

So these are some of the possibilities of the brother's interest in the area, except Oil.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yeah, Wallace, Idaho just went through decades of getting toxins out of their soil, yards, rivers. People could not sell property. All tax payer funded of course. That part of Idaho is a haven for a certain type.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Are you thirsty , Anyone for a glass of cool Aid ? Maybe they are good religious freaks. Makes one wonder what exactly are they doing out there. Someone should go in with a camera and document what they see.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
7th day adventists? i was born into it and actually know and met very high leaders, if not the top leaders in this church. they believe that jesus will be coming very soon. like next year, because Obama is the antichrist and as soon as he leaves, the turds will fly. so if i was a betting man, an i am, id say they're going to make it a christian retreat of haven for when doomsday finally happens. there's nothing a 7th day adventists thinks more about than the end of the world in their lifetime. that last point is absolutely true. thats about all i know on adventists, theyre jews + catholics, mixed in with a little doom.

the ultimate zealot.
edit on 12-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

theyre not really violent though, indifferent at best.
edit on 12-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Was that because of silver mining?
In regard to processing the ore, obtaining the silver.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Last time I was in Idaho I watched a kkk parade rally. Everyone in full sheets and flags flying. I happened to be driving by and decided to stop and watch the parade. Interesting scary bunch. The small town seemed to enjoy the parade. They had some really good food there and I had to laugh when I saw this fortune teller lady rambling on about the future. Lots of stuff on the sidewalk to buy. It seemed like a big event, they even had activities after the parade celebration. I stuck around for the food and went on my merry way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join