It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economists savage Trump's economic agenda

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I didn't blame anything on Bush. In fact, you are the first person to mention his name in the thread.

So what exactly is better? I'm a middle class working American, so tell me what part of the economy is better, because the way I see it, unless you're dependent on government handouts and tax paying Americans paying your bills for you while you sit on your lazy ass or find a part-time job so you can still collect handouts, nothing has gotten better.

It's not all about you, buddy. There are 300 million people in the country other than yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not sure what red line you mean, maybe it's confirmation bias.

You don't see a red line here?

What would you call it?

link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

And the way he behaved on The Apprentice makes his being the president an almost horrifying thought to ponder.

The guy is an emotionally retarded idiot with nothing resembling the morals most people (naive people) in this country would expect from a supposed leader.

I have even met religious leaders, face to face, who are the same way.

Not even gonna go into the narcissistic behaviors displayed on those evangelist TV shows so many suck up out of sheer ignorance.

This country is in very deep trouble if that asshole gets elected.

The Apprentice was for entertainment purposes only. Give me a break. Did Jesse Ventura go around body slamming and putting his Body Breaker finishing move on people when he became a governor?

link   

Keep in mind that the big lies always have a few words of truth smattered throughout. So to get heads bobbing up and down through propaganda, sprinkle lies with truth.

Biggest point is in the unemployment numbers in the article snippit. You have to understand that the unemplyment numbers are more closely related to welfare, foodstamps and social services than the bureaucratic numbers.

edit on am131amMon, 11 Jan 2016 11:49:47 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not sure what red line you mean, maybe it's confirmation bias.

You don't see a red line here?

What would you call it?

Bloviation azimuth?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

It should be noted that pretty much everything out of Trump's mouth is a lie. It's so bad that Poltifact has made its own website JUST for Trump quotes.
See?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

So we are done having a civil conversation then? Ok. Good to know. I'll leave you to your cheap shots then.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why keep fooling ourselves?

The economy is an absolute mess.

All these fake "indicators" are nothing but BS.

The economy is a *HUGE* mess.

Just look at all the massive failures inside the government social programs.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I thought that was wry but, apt.

link   

Are you saying that Trump, a private sector business man knows more about the American economy than a person who has spent their whole life studying the subject?

I am no sure how making a lot of money for yourself off a system of corruption makes you an expert on American political policies that affect the large American economy. What I saying is I do not see the little league v professional athlete comparison, if anything this is an Apples vs Oranges comparison and does little to show how you feel Trump will benefit the economy.

link   
Krazysh0t

Sigh... I'm really tired of conservative posters cherry picking bad parts of the economy and using that as evidence that the economy is worse off than it was in 2008... It's getting tedious. Read this carefully buddy, better != perfect. ALSO better != best.

So Obama and the democrats took $9.65 trillion in debt up to almost $19 trillion in debt....How does one country allow this to happen and still act all positive as if nothing is wrong with its economy...which involves trade btw.

link   

It is not about that. You have to ask yourself who the article represents as a potential candidate in 2016. WE have no choices that were not made in back room deals prior to this election process.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I thought it was childish and unnecessary, but in any case, with this post you still haven't answered my concerns about the red line.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Because Obama's plans have worked so very well?
Go figure; neither the republicans nor the democrats are looking out for majority of Americans.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

He apparently thinks that micro and macro economics are the same exact thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: hubrisinxs

He apparently thinks that micro and macro economics are the same exact thing.

There is no micro or macro, there is only economics.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I didn't blame anything on Bush. In fact, you are the first person to mention his name in the thread.

So what exactly is better? I'm a middle class working American, so tell me what part of the economy is better, because the way I see it, unless you're dependent on government handouts and tax paying Americans paying your bills for you while you sit on your lazy ass or find a part-time job so you can still collect handouts, nothing has gotten better.

It's not all about you, buddy. There are 300 million people in the country other than yourself.

Your thread is about the economy under Bush and I wasn't saying you blamed him but I can remember him being refused time and time again during his last two years while the majority of Congress was held by democrats. That's why the economy went to pot, and it hasn't gotten any better with a democrat in the White House. Of course it's not all about me, but as a middle class American, I represent a large amount of Americans and I would assume that most are in my shoes.

link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Krazysh0t

Sigh... I'm really tired of conservative posters cherry picking bad parts of the economy and using that as evidence that the economy is worse off than it was in 2008... It's getting tedious. Read this carefully buddy, better != perfect. ALSO better != best.

So Obama and the democrats took $9.65 trillion in debt up to almost $19 trillion in debt....How does one country allow this to happen and still act all positive as if nothing is wrong with its economy...which involves trade btw.

This isn't a thread about how Obama could further improve the economy. It's a thread about how Trump would destroy it with his policies. The fact that we've spent so much time debating on if Obama has improved the economy or not just shows that Trump supporters such as yourself would rather deflect from things that paint your narcissist in a bad light; likely because you have no way to counter the points brought up about Trump. So we waste time deconstructing Obama strawmans instead.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

I thought it was childish and unnecessary, but in any case, with this post you still haven't answered my concerns about the red line.

I actually thought you were joking, my apologies.

It is what the unemployment rate would be if it were calculated using the same parameters as were used in 2008.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

The field of economics is broken down into two distinct areas of study: microeconomics and macroeconomics. Microeconomics looks at the smaller picture and focuses more on basic theories of supply and demand and how individual businesses decide how much of something to produce and how much to charge for it. People who have any desire to start their own business or who want to learn the rationale behind the pricing of particular products and services would be more interested in this area.

Macroeconomics, on the other hand, looks at the big picture (hence "macro"). It focuses on the national economy as a whole and provides a basic knowledge of how things work in the business world. For example, people who study this branch of economics would be able to interpret the latest Gross Domestic Product figures or explain why a 6% rate of unemployment is not necessarily a bad thing. Thus, for an overall perspective of how the entire economy works, you need to have an understanding of economics at both the micro and macro levels.
Link for Investopedia

I think even Trump would agree that the subject of Economics is divided into two fields of study. In fact, I am the frist to admit that he is an expert in Microeconomics, how else would have made all the money he has, but I in no way see that as him knowing about the complicated economy of the United States as a whole.

He has never been poor and homeless for a period in his life, how does he know about the economic facts of a life like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join