It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economists savage Trump's economic agenda

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why do we need to rule the world?

Now its "we". The military doesn't see "we", all they see is objectives. The objective to win and dominate is purely military, irregardless of what the people think or do.

Thats why standing armies are so dangerous, and why Generals should never be allowed off the leash, solely providing for the common defense.

The factories for war can't wait to churn and the banks loaning the money, saddling the people with ever more debt.

What do they all care, they don't have to pay for it if the whole thing crashes…

my whole point remains a nation waging endless, aggressive war isn't "improving".

"Compared to war, all achievements of Man shrink to insignificance." --General George S. Patton

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Why do we need to rule the world?

Now its "we". The military doesn't see "we", all they see is objectives. The objective to win and dominate is purely military, irregardless of what the people think or do.

AGH! You said "irregardless"... Sorry, don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but that isn't a word. It's just regardless.

Thats why standing armies are so dangerous, and why Generals should never be allowed off the leash, solely providing for the common defense.

The factories for war can't wait to churn and the banks loaning the money, saddling the people with ever more debt.

What do they all care, they don't have to pay for it if the whole thing crashes…

my whole point remains a nation waging endless, aggressive war isn't "improving".

"Compared to war, all achievements of Man shrink to insignificance." --General George S. Patton

Well I don't care what they think. I care what I think, and I think the military budget needs to be slashed in half.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Uh yeah, the economy has been coming back since he took over.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well I don't care what they think. I care what I think, and I think the military budget needs to be slashed in half.

Here's a random thought. If we cut the defense budget in half, likely sending 1/2 to 2/3 of the troops home to the unemployment that awaits, what would happen? You would have a large domestic group that's armed, trained, and with nothing to do. Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

What if we took China's approach where members of the military are actually just factory workers making products to support the military bringing them closer to budget neutral rather than a black hole we throw money down?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Veterans have tons of resources and benefits to help them get a job in the civilian workforce. One of the strongest is the Post 9/11 GI Bill which pays for 100% in state tuition, gives a monthly housing allowance (adjusted to your state's cost of living), and $500 a semester for books. There are also grants and scholarships tailored to veterans. That is just the college angle, they also have resume building workshops, job recruitment features, oh and being a veteran gets you bumped to the front of the line for consideration for any government job.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Here's a random thought. If we cut the defense budget in half, likely sending 1/2 to 2/3 of the troops home to the unemployment that awaits, what would happen?

If that happened we would have a lot of money that could be spent on revitalising infrastructure such as the highways. We would also have a huge workforce that is in good shape that could be hired to do the work and would be used to doing work being former military.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Not sure if people realize this, but there is an incredible push by the establishment to discredit Trump at every turn regardless if he deserved it or not.

Holy hell...No...Trump discredits himself with about every third sentence that blurts his mouth.

It is not the "establishment" that questions him...it is anyone with any knowledge on any topic he speaks about.

the press and have all sorts of ''experts'' come out and say how bad and irresponsible he is.

Those damn "experts" and their "thinking"!!!

Don't get me wrong, Trump has done and said stupid things, but he's also said and done a lot of important things..

As best I can tell, the important things are...Managed to repeatedly exploit bankruptcy laws to pilfer hundreds of millions of other peoples money and has a gift for pandering to peoples emotions and turning off their thinking centers through reality TV style performances. He is like Kim Kardashian meets Bernie Madoff running for President.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Just about every nation we deal with slaps huge Tariffs on everything we sell to them so their industry will not suffer. My friend here in America buys steal from a nation in Europe because its cheaper. Now does that make any dam sense?

Crap like that only hurts us in the U.S.. We CANT sell to them but Washington lets them sell here with not one Tariff at all completely closing down our industry.

Trump is 100 percent right. For years now its all Free trade, my arse. Free for them not us.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Prove it.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well then, listen to the "experts" and vote in some sociopath witch and her pedophile serial rapist husband, I'm sure their ideas are much better...

Or better yet, some mush mouth idiot with the ideas and intelligence of a 18 year old liberal arts major...

Yeah, I'll gamble on trump

edit on 12-1-2016 by pyramid head because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyramid head

Well then, listen to the "experts" and vote in some sociopath witch and her pedophile serial rapists husband, I'm sure their ideas are much better...

Or better yet, some mush mouth idiot with the ideas and intelligence of a 18 year old liberal arts major...

Yeah, I'll gamble on trump

This is just straight up political trolling. I don't know if you noticed, but this thread isn't in the political mud pit.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Because Obama's plans have worked so very well?

Because both can't be wrong?

If one is wrong it does not make the other correct.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hmmm. Do you think that economists are immune to political bias?

Do you think it is possible that Trump's detractors might be trying to weaken him by having economist buddies rubbish his plan? I am not saying that is what has happened but I don't rule it out. Do you? If so, why? What counter arguments are you making, or do you just take this at face value because an economist said it?

Are there any economists that support Trumps proposals?
Have you checked?

Is there a formula for economics that allow a grade to be applied, a good vs bad proposal? If so, why have we not created a perfect economy?

Your arguments are not balanced and therefore it just reads like a Trump hit piece that could be read on many MSM outlets.
edit on 12/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

www.newsmax.com...

Renowned economist Larry Kudlow Tuesday endorsed Donald Trump's tax plan, telling Newsmax TV that it is "a pro-growth, supply-side" program that would grow the nation's long-slagging economy.

and Paul Krugman. A Nobel prize winner columnist...

Link

and this Politico article..

Link

These guys think it is ok. I guess it is

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-12T17:36:53-06:000553 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Do you think it is possible that Trump's detractors might be trying to weaken him by having economist buddies rubbish his plan? I am not saying that is what has happened but I don't rule it out. Do you? If so, why? What counter arguments are you making, or do you just take this at face value because an economist said it?

Have you checked?

Is there a formula for economics that allow a grade to be applied, a good vs bad proposal? If so, why have we not created a perfect economy?

Your arguments are not balanced and therefore it just reads like a Trump hit piece that could be read on many MSM outlets.

Well common sense counts doesn't it?

On deporting 11 Million people when the unemployment rate is near 5%...so you think that will have an impact? How?

Lets just look at a microcosm of that plan...

in 2010/2011 Georgia decided they would lead the way on cracking down on illegal immigration...

can you guess what the economic consequences were?

Georgia’s New Immigration Law Leading To Crops Rotting In Farmers’ Fields
www.outsidethebeltway.com...

Georgia's Harsh Immigration Law Costs Millions in Unharvested Crops
www.theatlantic.com...

The Law Of Unintended Consequences: Georgia's Immigration Law Backfires

labor shortages triggered an estimated $140 million in agricultural losses, as crops rotted in the fields,

The labor shortages, which also have affected the hotel and restaurant industries, are a consequence of Georgia’s immigration enforcement law, HB 87, which was passed last year.

The Pew Hispanic Center estimated that some 425,000 illegal immigrants lived in Georgia when the legislation was passed – seventh highest in the nation. Those numbers are now down, as hoped for, but the state’s economy is paying a heavy price.

Despite high unemployment in the state, most Georgians don’t want such back-breaking jobs, nor do they have the necessary skills. According to Dick Minor, president of the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Grower’s Association, immigrants “are pretty much professional harvesters” with many specializing in particular crops.

Georgia’s experience is consistent with economic research on immigration. Although many Americans believe immigrants “steal” our jobs and push down our wages, economists find little evidence of that.

www.forbes.com...

In the end...when challenges to the new Georgia Immigration Crackdown laws came up..the State GOP chose not to defend the laws, letting the courts strike down large swaths of it. They also chose to not enforce what remains of the crackdown laws and the Georgia farm community has almost recovered.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Mmm...

Newsmax....en.wikipedia.org...

Newsmax Media, commonly called Newsmax, is a conservative[1] American news media organization founded by Christopher Ruddy and based in West Palm Beach, Florida. It operates the news website Newsmax.com, publishes the Franklin Prosperity Report and Newsmax magazine, and runs a conservative cable news channel Newsmax TV.

So ..... no.

Try again. (World Net Daily is also disqualified). (Also Fox News, Infowars,, TheBlaze, Rush Limbaugh, the 700 club......all of them - not real news.)

edit on 1/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have a question...
Can anyone point me to a political candidate that does NOT have economic experts on the opposite side of the political spectrum saying that their policies are bad?
I will wait...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So, no matter the person who writes the article, you dismiss where it is posted. tsk tsk....Same article is on MSNBC is you search and they are so left wing they could fly in a circle...you know, where Larry Kudlow is a host...
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-12T20:56:12-06:000812 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-12T20:56:38-06:000838 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Have you checked?

Economics is very political. The right typically believes in the Austrian school, unfortunately in the past 50 years there is a lot of evidence that it's quite simply not accurate. Then again, economics is closer to voodoo than science in the first place so that's not really saying a lot.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Have you checked?

Economics is very political. The right typically believes in the Austrian school, unfortunately in the past 50 years there is a lot of evidence that it's quite simply not accurate. Then again, economics is closer to voodoo than science in the first place so that's not really saying a lot.

Actually, the "right" (I assume you mean Republicans) is just as opposed to the free market as the "left".

If anything, the last 50 years has produced unquestionable evidence that interventionism is severely flawed.

The only "political" economists are interventionists, economists are the bane of politician's existence as they regularly explode their spurious doctrines.

They are theorists, not empiricists.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join