It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis Farrakhan weighs in to the Trump debate on a muslim ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It would seem that next week an hour long interview will be aired with Loius Farrakhan, the Nation of Islam leader, and in this interview he offers support for Donald Trumps idea. He calls it 'wise'.

The interview was with Alex Jones - say what you like about him, but he seems to be securing interviews with a lot of leading figures ready to offer their opinions, less afraid of appearing on his show.

www.infowars.com...

A snippet from the interview to be broadcast on 20th January

“So when Mr. Trump said we can’t allow these Muslim refugees into America, a lot of people were upset with him, but I know the hatred for America in the Muslim world is building,” said Farrakhan, adding that U.S. foreign policy had united Islamists against the west. “So in this way I think Mr. Trump is wise to vet anyone coming from that area into America because the hatred for America is in the streets now,” asserted Farrakhan, adding that if the U.S. wasn’t careful about the vetting process, it might be inviting its own “destruction”. Farrakhan put Trump’s success in the polls down to a heightened environment of political correctness that has caused frustration amongst white people who can’t say what they really feel. “Mr Trump says ‘to heck with that’ – I’ll tell you what’s really on my mind and that is freeing a lot of people that like what he’s doing,” said Farrakhan.

To me this is the most unlikely of places I expected to find support for Trump. Personally, i find this very powerful. When we move to a position of common ground and move away from Islam vs the West, we will surely progress with proper solutions with a real understanding of who the enemy really is.
edit on 11/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I certainly wasn't expecting that from Farrakhan.
Being the leader of the Nation of Islam and all.
Very odd indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Whatever his motivation is, it is evil and contributes to the demise of white people.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Could it be the he claims to support Trump because he knows Trump's policy could possibly drive more people to his group?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Could it be the he claims to support Trump because he knows Trump's policy could possibly drive more people to his group?

Maybe, who knows.
I have added a video clip - sometimes better to see the whites of the eyes when someone is speaking.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So in this way I think Mr. Trump is wise to vet anyone coming from that area

I suppose we would need clarification from Farrakhan on whether he means we should focus on only Muslims, or people in general from "that area".

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If there are laws against hate speech, inciting violence and murder, what's he doing running around loose?

“We must rise up and kill those who kill us. Stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling.”

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If there are laws against hate speech, inciting violence and murder, what's he doing running around loose?

“We must rise up and kill those who kill us. Stalk them and kill them and let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling.”

The OP is not meant to justify Farrakhan in any way. The key point is that a man like Farrakhan is apparently aligning himself with Trump, or at least offering him greater support than any other candiddate. Is he playing a political game? Does he really believe what he is saying here? They are the questions... it sure is an unlikely place to find support for Trump and perhaps is important evidence that points to a justification for disagreeing with the MSM that Trump only appeals to unintelligent white people.

It will also be interesting to see whether Farrakhan's words will strengthen Trumps support amonst Muslims and African Americans in the upcoming elections.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So in this way I think Mr. Trump is wise to vet anyone coming from that area

I suppose we would need clarification from Farrakhan on whether he means we should focus on only Muslims, or people in general from "that area".

Agreed. I am sure the full video will be posted here after the 20th and that may give more insight to that question.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Trump certainly could have worded it better, but the reaction to his comments has definitely been over the top.

If immigrants from the ME are likely to be a problem, then as a Muslim leader, it would be in your best interests to ensure that none of the trouble makers were able to make it to your shores and incite more hatred against muslims.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I have been wondering who Louis Farrakhan was going to support in the election, and these comments seem to show that his right-wing extremism is more important than his religious extremism.

Farrakhan seems to be trying to prove that Muslims in general are not a problem, but instead, the problem stems from the ME and North African communities are targeted by the World Bank and TPTB, who

arm them with guns to fight their own government.
From video.

Farrakhan is an extremist, but so are most of the Republican candidates. Farrakhan can not join the super Christian Cruz and his right-wing nutters, and Carson is also a super vocal Christian, so Farrakhan does not join with them because he does not want to be seen as giving into their religious fundamentalism. Trump just makes sense, and Farrakhan is doing a good job distinguishing himself as a Muslim leader from the leaders of IS, which I am sure he sees as terrorists.

All in all, Trump and Farrakhan deserve each other because they are both willing to say whatever is necessary to gain and maintain power.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

All in all, Trump and Farrakhan deserve each other because they are both willing to say whatever is necessary to gain and maintain power.

Hey, I think you might have just described every politician on earth right there.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't know what so surprising about the notion America is building a seething resentment in the world, endangering everyone on both sides of the pond.

Like wheres that coming from…

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Not what I expected from Farrakhan. With that being said, that makes me very nervous when he sounds reasonable because that just isn't him.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So it would seem that we now have black supremists as well as white supremists siding with Trump...

Who saw THAT coming?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The world government uses the U.S. to accomplish their goals and so it takes most of the heat.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Holy crap I'm in the twilight zone.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe he just fears the potential competition?

There are factions, disagreements, varying degrees of extremism, from 0 to 100.
Just like any large collection of people, Islam not homogeneous.

edit on 11-1-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

What when they tell a muslim they are NOI and they inform them THATS NOT ISLAM!

lulz abound, must be a threat to his power base.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Fair play. I didn't see that coming

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join