It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Bowie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Heard it on BBC first thing this morning on the radio, 5am.

"Labyrinth" enthralls me on top of the rest of his ingenious carrier.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bummer.

R. I . P.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Night Star
That's one of my favorite movies. I heard that they were thinking about making a sequel but I don't think they will now. It wouldn't be the same without David Bowie. I mean, they might convince somebody like Tim Curry to do it but it still won't be the same.

I can't imagine anyone else playing his part, but I would love to see a sequel. It's one of my favorite movies too!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So melancholy all day....listening to his music. RIP.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have avoided the internet for over 24hrs now in the hopes that this was just a hoax.

It's rare I shed a tear for deaths outside my family and close friends, but I have found myself doing it more over the past couple of years..

Rik Mayall, Robin Williams, Leonard Nimoy and now David Bowie.

It saddens me when anyone I admire dies, a recent one being Lemmy for example. But the four I mention above affected me in a big way.

I idolised two people growing up, Freddie Mercury and David Bowie, I remember watching David give a speech and say the Lords Prayer at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert in 1992, it was heartbreaking, especially for a 12 year old who had just lost one of his heroes.

I'm not looking forward to the future right now, but I can take some small comfort in putting on one of his records and remembering the great musician that he was.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Caught my mum in tears then it got me started.

Just watched this.

Hickory dickory dock!!
edit on 12-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Just wow.
Just so glad he was born and will morn his passing forever.

As a kid I loved this It gave me hope It made me look up and wonder If there was a starman and it helped make me who I am.
Chuffing typing this crying me chuffing eyes out pissed on scotch.
I just hope he has now met the Starman and I bet he will be welcomed with open tentacles

edit on 12-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh and without doubt he is my number 1 person I will have a pint with in the next life with rik mayall.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Cheered me right up watching this.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: woogleuk

Caught my mum in tears then it got me started.

Just watched this.

Hickory dickory dock!!

Thank you for sharing, I was sent the hickory dickory one from a friend years ago but only on audio, made me smile and get teary eyed (again!!!!) thinking about a complete artist.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Memories.......

[very nice versions of The Jean Genie and Time!!!!!]
edit on Tue Jan 12 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
UPDATE
Revealed: David Bowie died from liver cancer and was told it was terminal a year ago

David Bowie knew he had terminal liver cancer more than a year ago but was desperate to live so he could see his daughter grow up, according to one of his closest collaborators.

The star battled illness for 18 months before his death on Sunday, but kept it a secret from all but close friends and family - even though he knew it was likely to kill him.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
I know that I hadn't heard anything on the news about him being ill. Usually, they're all over stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Because there will be no official services....because he was Bowie...and because this is a great article in the NYT:
David Bowie: Invisible New Yorker

“I had always thought he was unapproachable,” Mr. Musto said. “But he was quite lovely and accessible.”

“The fabulous identities he had,” Mr. Guare said — meaning Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane and the Thin White Duke and even the Bowie of the ’80s, who looked like the world’s most elegantly dressed serial killer — “bore no reflection on the person who was carrying them.”

“I think he had complete access to David Jones,” Mr. Guare added, referring to Mr. Bowie’s birth name. “And that’s who I knew.”

and, also from NYT:
David Bowie Allowed His Art to Deliver a Final Message

and Rolling Stone
Thanks, Starman: Why David Bowie Was the Greatest Rock Star Ever
edit on Sun Jan 17 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Bowie Inc: His most breathtaking reinvention? Turning from drug-addled hedonist to financial wizard pulling the strings of a £135m empire
edit on Tue Jan 19 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jan 29 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry for resurrecting this old thread. The truth is I never imagined Bowie + ATS for some reason. I was mourning in my own little world, I guess. As we reach the end of our first season without Bowie, I can only hope he has moved on to the next bardo.

One thing I can say, from the OP, right up through the end, I recognise a lot of familiar avatars in this. Some of you I get a kick out of arguing with over con-theory and politics and the rest of the noise, but I just want to say: our disagreements aside, I want to thank you all for being fans or admirers of my favorite Martian.

Love on ya!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Don't be sorry.
Bowie was a on-of-a-kind multi-dimensional artist.

If anything, I have learned to enjoy even more of his music, songs/albums I had missed due to life events.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join