It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a criminal to answer this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
What is a crime?

exactly.
there are imo universal 'crimes' that one should not commit.
rape
murder
# like that

most everything else to me is negotiable.
my moral compass is my own. i was not consulted when the laws were written and i dont automatically agree with all of them.

i commit 'crimes' every day.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I never commit crimes.

There are just laws of others that disagree with me.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. Makes interesting reading. Now I ponder.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

why did i do it :

1 - money - most of my criminal activity was profit driven - and went unpunished

2 - the game - the only time i served a prison sentence - in a nutshell - theuy knew what i was doing - i knew they knew - but i continued anyway - 2 years later they finally had me in court and secured a conviction - from my POV - 3month custodial sentence [ realease after 5 weeks ] and 350 quid fine [ plus the 2000 quid loss of wages ] - but honestly after all that it was worth it

3 - desperation - with an temporary income of just 30 quid a week - and a a dog who depended on me [ and came first ] i needed to eat - and as stealing dog food was hader than human sustenance - i did wah was required till i pulled myself out of the hole

thats it - my life of crime - a puncutated career spaning 20 years

my only regret - the fact that i have a permanent reccord - but in my present circumstance - its not a great hinderance - as i am no longer disbared from firearms ownership - and have no reason to submit to an enhanced CRB [ oe what ever its called this month ]

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I became a criminal through discovering certain banned substances made me feel "normal" (not even high, mind you... just functional- though it did expand to varied sampling and determined experimentation).

Now I'm on a daily, legal, more expensive analog of the very same substance that normalized me, though with a felony record... but at least I feel "normal" ... or as normal as weirdos feel, anyway.

Everyone breaks some law, these days, and are thus "criminal" ... exactly because the laws are so massive and unknowable, and precisely that way to give the power structure.. .wait for it... power.

As far as theft (in most cases), corruption and violence of any sort but self defense... I find that detestable.

It's all perspective, though, and NOTHING is simple.

Perhaps one of the biggest crimes foisted upon humanity is the criminalisation of what is primarily a medical issue.

Why it's considered a crime to put certain things inside one's body is beyond me.
edit on 11-1-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
After my parents died at around 10 I was moved to a new city and school . It was a disaster and somehow I discovered that if I stole and had cash many people wanted to be my friend. So without anyone caring about me in the new household and could come and go whenever, things steamrolled quickly. No sexual abuse or drugs to blame things on just mental issues and having to fend for my self. Over the years not much I haven't done, shoplifting, B&E's, fraud, robberies you name it and yes have done time, few years here and there over the past 40.
So, have screwed my life up pretty good.
50 now and pretty self aware of reasons why I am in the lousy position I'm in now but feel pretty helpless at this stage in the game. I have and am now employed. But lack of schooling and criminal record don't get me into any work that is very high paying. I do work well with others and most people that know me would say I'm a good guy and want to be friends but like any relationships I've ever been in I eventually screw them up or get locked away or just make a move and don't look back, don't really bother any more.
Never been physically violent fortunately in any faucet of my life, maybe just lucky though.
Yes. Coulda shoulda done a lot of things, maybe still could but old enough now to accept I'd never follow through in the long term.
Now it's like I'm waiting, considering options, waiting for things to improve but not doing anything to help. Lol. Had a week long psych evaluation once and when they were done just said '" you're just you ". And sent me on my way. lol suppose I shoulda tried harder
So. Hard to accept this is it. Learned for me things don't ever get better. I likely have all the answers just unable to use them for myself.

The answer to the OP's question? I don't know. What difference does it make I guess

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpecialSauce
Can someone please explain this to me? Why do people commit crime? If you don't commit crime you can have good beer, good TV, good looking women, good jobs that pay good money, a soft bed, privacy, property, technology and good food.

Or you can jack your job to annoying boss in, cook drugs and make millions in a few months and retire on a island in the Caribbean with multiple sexy women, the best food and best beer and the latest and greatest luxury items.

Luckly I got a good legal job.

But if your stuck in minumum wage or dead end job and you have some knowlage of chemsitry you make make a # ton of money fast.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join