It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Make Trump A Good President?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I see what you're saying and can't argue that you have some great points. And it's not a matter of Blaming Bush over Obama or anything like that.

I just think that we are better off now than we've been, economically and world standing wise and as a strong country. We're better off now than we've been since Clinton. That's 16 years.

Despite all those executive orders, we still have a very strong constitution. The economy is up since the Bush years...and again, it's not all his fault that we had a WORLD/GLOBAL recession. But we're better off...the past 8 years haven't been that bad.

I think my biggest difference with you, if we can boil it down to just one issue, is that you think this country is in shambles and I don't.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

... it is very clear that Trump is gaining popularity among some sects of Conservatives but I don't really understand why.

Well, for one, Hillary has promised to trash the Constitution and try and disarm law abiding US citizens. The result has been a major armament of Americans and on many sites, open devotion to resisting any such attempt, come hell or high water.

It was unavoidable. She knows it and went in knowing it. It is a divider, not a uniter.

We need someone who is not owned by big money.
This eliminates Hillary and Jeb.
We need someone who will be devoted to every single American.
This eliminates Trump.
We need someone who has no peril of being possibly taken down, once in office.
This eliminates Cruz.
We need someone who will not seek to replace We the People, as owners of this nation.
This eliminates Sanders.

Dwight Eisenhower warned us of the Military-Industrial Complex, and it has indeed overtaken the entire planet.
John Kennedy told us that we should ask not what our country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. This is entirely contrary to the indoctrination being applied to the Millennial generation.

Between two Bushs spanning three failed terms, a two-term Clinton who was impeached and an Obama who doesn't give a flying rat's tail pipe about anyone but himself... we desperately NEED a GOOD president.

Unfortunately, none have yet arrived to offer service.

edit on 25-1-2016 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2016 by redoubt because: typo hypo

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The country is not in shambles, but the country is NOT "Good". We are not 'recovered' according to real hard data sets which show a different picture than the HYPE of the great Obama turnaround.

Are we starving? No. Are we collapsing? Debatable.

This for me is more of a SOCIAL construct that Democrats, "Liberals" and Leftist philosophies have unleashed on us.

I'm deeply angered at the Left and I have no forgiveness for them at this point. No compassion. No mercy.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

The country is not in shambles, but the country is NOT "Good". We are not 'recovered' according to real hard data sets which show a different picture than the HYPE of the great Obama turnaround.

This for me is more of a SOCIAL construct that Democrats, "Liberals" and Leftist philosophies have unleashed on us.

I'm deeply angered at the Left and I have no forgiveness for them at this point. No compassion. No mercy.

But why none towards the Republicans? Because they were in power the 8 years before Obama and They've been in power in Congress the past few years. I see Obama's failures two ways...propaganda from the right with no basis in reality and as a continuation of Bush's failures...Iraq, ISIS, Afghanistan, Bailouts, Executive Orders.

Why should I care, though, what you think? Only because you share the same opinions as millions of other Americans. My fear is that a backlash against Obama, will make you vote for anybody as long as they call themselves a Republican and that you will be blind to the issues that Trump, Fiorina, Bush etc, bring to the table, or that you can't tell that Sanders is way different than Obama and Hillary.

Just some thoughts. Not trying to make you angry, just trying to have a discussion about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

But why none towards the Republicans? Because they were in power the 8 years before Obama and They've been in power in Congress the past few years. I see Obama's failures two ways...propaganda from the right with no basis in reality and as a continuation of Bush's failures...Iraq, ISIS, Afghanistan, Bailouts, Executive Orders.

Why should I care, though, what you think? Only because you share the same opinions as millions of other Americans. My fear is that a backlash against Obama, will make you vote for anybody as long as they call themselves a Republican and that you will be blind to the issues that Trump, Fiorina, Bush etc, bring to the table, or that you can't tell that Sanders is way different than Obama and Hillary.

Just some thoughts. Not trying to make you angry, just trying to have a discussion about it.

I'm not angry. Just tired.

I wake up everyday now and see the folly of Leftist philosophies. I thought the chaos would end when Bush was one, but alas, we are now at the 11th hour...form NEO LIBERALISM and Cultural Marxism 2.0

I can hate Bush and the Neoconservatives. They were a pernicious evil on our nation.

But this new "Left" is all kinds of chaos and havoc Socially, Spiritually, Economically.

I just vowed after all the things I previously listed (which can be debated at length, but I don't have hours to sit here and address each bullet point) I will never support the "Left" again. It's pernicious, pervasive, Socially intolerant, emotional, guilt ridden, accusatory of WHITES/EUROPEAN descended people (ME), divisive, and corrupt to the core now.

Whatever Bush visited on us, emotionally, the "Left" has put me in a state where for the rest of my life I vow to oppose them. It's pure hatred now, for the philosophy, because we are in imminent danger from Leftist policies.

Take Merkel and Germany. The woman is having a complete pshychological meltdown while her nation is on the road to hell. She has lost all her logic and ability to protect her people. And the Liberals of Europe smile as their people are suffering DE FACTO genocide....amid a very PRESENT DANGER of Terrorism. And the new guilt ridden policy of Leftist "Political correctness" is getting women literally RAPED.

I can't accept Liberalism in 2016 anymore. I'm Pro Choice and Pro Gay marriage but my Liberal side stops there.

The "Leftists" worldwide today, beyond just those two issues, are destroying us. I just have zero tolerance for it anymore. I'll never go back.

I don't care WHAT Republican gets in office, and I have a feeling that Trump would be dangerous himself. But I can't do another 4 years of a Leftist running the show. It's time to end it to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

How would you have handled things, then?
You just inherited the Great Recession. And......wait for it.......

*looks at watch* *glances up*

................GO!!

Day one! All you!

What'll it be?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oh, and also -
this began after the mid-terms happened. I predicted the GOP would implode.

But, in any case, here's an old thread of mine. It might help you understand what's happening.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dude - they SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT.
Your darling Sir Cruz the Punchable.

edit on 1/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Well, for one, Hillary has promised to trash the Constitution and try and disarm law abiding US citizens.

OMG.

That's unbelievably delusional.
I'm no fan of Hillary's but she never promised to do anything of the sort - and no one NO ONE is trying to DISARM LAW-ABIDING, MENTALLY HEALTHY CITIZENS.

Good gawd.

Talk about "tired."

sigh

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Oh, and also -
this began after the mid-terms happened. I predicted the GOP would implode.

But, in any case, here's an old thread of mine. It might help you understand what's happening.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dude - they SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT.
Your darling Sir Cruz the Punchable.

No thank you. I've had enough propaganda for a lifetime.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here's a vid from just last week, then:
not a thread I wrote - just something that showed up on my FB today.......
It's Bernie talking......

Bernie Sanders Exposes Reality Of US Politics

....It's the truth.
Either we all get behind the changers, or we all get more of the same. That's what he's saying - NO ONE can do this without the populace behind them - Congress is too screwed up and owned......

(If anyone knows how to make the vid show up, I'd appreciate that - it's not a yt vid)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Here's a vid from last week:
not a thread I wrote - just something that showed up on my FB today.......
It's Bernie talking......

Bernie Sanders Exposes Reality Of US Politics

....It's the truth.
Either we all get behind the changers, or we all get more of the same. That's what he's saying - NO ONE can do this without the populace behind them - Congress is too screwed up and owned......

(If anyone knows how to make the vid show up, I'd appreciate that - it's not a yt vid)

No thank you. I've had enough Propaganda.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Oh for godsake -----------!!!!!

okay, fine.
Don't watch it.
Don't learn, and don't keep up - no matter what!, do not, I repeat not! as in Do Not! attempt to learn anything from day to day......
nonono.

No. You've got it...you've got it all figured out. Well done!
Rest quietly now..... here - I'm going to just pull the window shades down so you can sleep......

REALLY?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

awesome!

i'd like to add that if people think the other world leaders are better than trump could be and are not an embarrassment to their people, i got a couple of bridges for sale.

like the old dirty joke, you want one that looks good in the shower or one that works?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then list them off and show why. Simply saying they are does not prove a point or make a case. Retort the list I gave as why I think he could be to start.

Your list has nothing to do with mine which is why I have no reason to debate your list.

You want some examples of his absolutely absurd policies fine here:

35% Tariff on foreign goods he says- That would be a great way to crash the US economy overnight. Tariffs are not a bad idea but they should start at no more than 3% for example Apple manufactures their ipads in china because it saves them $10 for a $500 product. The fact that he said 35% is idiotic and it would be impossible to get passed unless he crowns himself as emperor.

Banning a religion from entry- That would be unconstitutional = impossible unless he crowns himself as emperor.

Build a wall, but how? He says make Mexico do it, but how? That is where it falls apart unless he makes himself emperor and threatens war over it.

Deport all illegal immigrants- What a great way to increase food prices for us all oh and if you want to keep them out you would need that wall and have to hire 100 times more people to patrol the border and that would cost a lot of tax dollars.

Go after and kill the families of terrorists- Completly against the Geneva convention which the US pushed for and signed so if that were to happen not only would he be a war criminal everyone who took part in carrying out such orders would also be war criminals.

Trump s plans could only be seen to fruition if he became an Emperor and tyrant. There are some examples of his moronic plans. If it happened as he planned the wall would be used to keep us in. His plans wouldn't make the US great it would make us into a third world country.

wow! is that what you heard and believe?

Trump has you scared, doesn't he.

Can't anyone see what he's doing? it's not hard. Trump is priming people for what's to come.
He is starting people to think about what he's saying.
They have to ask themselves if he is serious, what if he is elected?

what's Mexico gonna do? call their people home? refuse to pay for the wall?
Of course they will end up paying for it. One way or another.

China, they are thinking about that 30-40%, they will have to be willing to compromise.
Same with any other country he will be dealing with.

He can get ICE and HS off their duffs and do their jobs.
Get fed funding stopped for sanctuary cities until they stop breaking the law.

I don't think he is talking nonsense at all. He can get it done or started.

Yes he has a big ego, ya need one for thinking you can be POTUS.

If hillary goes down, the dems will start throwing anyone against the wall to see if anyone sticks.

I believe Trump can do it.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Of course they will end up paying for it. One way or another.

Mexico is never going to pay for the wall, if anyone truly believes, I got some beach front property in Arizona to sell ya.

Trump outsources jobs to China, and uses illegal immigrants to build his buildings here, he is just like a politician, saying one thing but doing another.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Trump is much worse than just a hypocritical politician. He is a racist bigot who will divide the country and who spews hatred and intolerance anywhere he goes. He would trample our constitutional rights, especially the First Amendment right to free speech and assembly, and he has nothing but contempt for anyone who opposes him in any way.

Trump's sudden withdrawal from the Jan. 28, 2016 Republican debate is an act of rank cowardice based on the prospect of his having to face tough questions from Megan Kelly of Fox News once again. As always, his only response is to insult and demean. He has again called Megan a bimbo and a lightweight reporter. No one could be more of a lightweight than this inarticulate buffoon who thinks he is qualified to be President. To entrust our nuclear arsenal to Trump would be suicidal for America! A man who cuts and runs away when confronted with a challenge is simply not fit to serve as our nation's chief executive.

Last but not least, the very last thing our country needs now or EVER is an ultra right wing fascist dictator who conjures up images of a number of dictators from the past.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

You bet we need a good president. Unfortunately the current prospects are totally unacceptable among the democrats since it will almost surely be either Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, and because Donald Trump is utterly intolerable.!

Marco Rubio, John Kasich, and Chris Christie are all solid viable republican candidates. Hopefully the absence of the cowardly Trump from the Republican debate on Jan. 28, 2016 will give a greater platform and opportunity for the candidates mentioned above to gain more footing and hopefully rise in the polls as a result.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join