It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Make Trump A Good President?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Luci6f6e6r

Whether or not you agree, Abe Lincoln was our greatest president, and JFK was an excellent strong and forceful leader. It's a shame America doesn't have individuals like those two giants around to take charge today!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960
Lincoln Presidency: 1861 - 1865
Kennedy Presidency: 1961 - 1963

Looks like one in one hundred years. I guess we've got about 50 years to go.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: Luci6f6e6r

Whether or not you agree, Abe Lincoln was our greatest president, and JFK was an excellent strong and forceful leader. It's a shame America doesn't have individuals like those two giants around to take charge today!

Lincoln was our worst president. If Lincoln didn't exist neither would 56% of our violent crime or Ferguson Missouri. Name a president that can be blamed with worse?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueleadman

All he did was to preserve the Union during America's worst crisis. We'll never see his like again. A consensus of the leading historians in the United States have long ranked him number one. Much suffering would have been avoided had he lived through the reconstruction era. His brutal murder was a terrible tragedy and loss for America.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what Trump would do because while I agree with many of his sentiments and "policies", they change more than my pairs of socks.

I would REALLY love to believe he would do something about the border, which is my first personal priority...but being that he has changed his mind on THAT in a relative short time, I have no idea if next year as "President Trump" he's going to be like "You know guys, I decided I changed my mind on Immigration...it's not so bad"

I mean, I don't even know people who change their minds on policy as much as he has...not even on the VOTER level, and not after 30 years of age.

The fact that the guy changed CENTRAL views so much in his LATER YEARS of life screams of someone pandering to groups.

In fact since I was a young child, Trump's only consistent belief is "sticking in to China"...that's about it.

What will Trump do?? Who knows? Does he even know? Will he start wars, will he be a Non-Interventionist?

He has BOTH bases covered by his own words.

Hillary is a "Fantastic Woman" one year...next day not.

I dunno....who knows...what exactly is his stance for the moment?
edit on 24-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Obama wanted "hope and change" and would have ushered in "hope and change" if the Republicans wouldn't have secretly met before he took office and agreed to block nearly everything he tried to do....and then later blame Obama for being a useless and ineffective president.

Republicans created the problem that they bitched about...not only by being obstructionists, but by being a worthless party for the 8 years prior to Obama. The GOP has no one but themselves to blame for Obama getting elected in the first place.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

In fact since I was a young child, Trump's only consistent belief is "sticking in to China"...that's about it.

Happen to know if he has any investments there?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Obama wanted "hope and change" and would have ushered in "hope and change" if the Republicans wouldn't have secretly met before he took office and agreed to block nearly everything he tried to do....and then later blame Obama for being a useless and ineffective president.

Republicans created the problem that they bitched about...not only by being obstructionists, but by being a worthless party for the 8 years prior to Obama. The GOP has no one but themselves to blame for Obama getting elected in the first place.

Name the legislation Republicans "Blocked"

With Boehner and McConnell Obama and the DNC got almost every version of Bills they wanted in LITERAL RECORD numbers from the so-called "Obstructionist" Republicans.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No clue

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Name the legislation Republicans "Blocked"

With Boehner and McConnell Obama and the DNC got almost every version of Bills they wanted in LITERAL RECORD numbers from the so-called "Obstructionist" Republicans.

Would be interesting to see what damage was avoided and/or any good that would have come to the majority of citizens.

Might help the next President to learn from history.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20294442]mystic mushroom

There is no way President Obama deserves either an alibi or an excuse for his failed policies. He has no one to blame but himself for his weak pathetic lack of leadership. Obama has failed the American people and history will judge him harshly for same and rightly so!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Well since he has some of his products made there, I would bet he does.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Regardless of what I said, I will vote for Trump begrudgingly if he is the nominee. Even if I can't stand the man personally.

I will never vote Democrat again. I will not vote for Bernie or Hillary...I'll NEVER support the DNC after these last 8 years in the U.S. AND Europe.

edit on 25-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Because 2000-08 were so great!
Two wars that we should have never been in and a financial collapse. As bad as barry was, still better than bush.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Because 2000-08 were so great!
Two wars that we should have never been in and a financial collapse. As bad as barry was, still better than bush.

"Better than Bush" is debatable on many levels.

And Bush was not enjoyable. Additionally, the "But Bush" mantra is also old.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Voting for Trump and fascism would be a giant leap from the frying pan of Obama into the flames of hate and bigotry. As a nation we simply have to do better than that, if not for ourselves, than for our children, grand children, and for the yet unborn to come.
edit on 25-1-2016 by kendix1960 because: added a needed comma for clarity.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Regardless of what I said, I will vote for Trump begrudgingly if he is the nominee. Even if I can't stand the man personally.

I will never vote Democrat again. I will not vote for Bernie or Hillary...I'll NEVER support the DNC after these last 8 years in the U.S. AND Europe.

But, and I say this honestly or question it honestly...How bad were the last 8 years nationally and internationally?

Maybe they were horrible, but how do you know? How do I know they were good?

We can argue both sides of this with DATA but how much of it is truth and how much is propaganda?

Globally it would appear we're stronger and in better position than before...
Terrorist wise, we might be better...Is ISIS better than Al Queda? Al Queda had all of Afghanistan, basically before ISIS had big parts of IRAQ and Syria
Economically we're both better off and not better off
our constitution, isn't really any worse off

I mean seriously...how bad were the last 8 years? Honestly

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Check out these graphs:

Three Charts to illustrate how things are actually better than 8 years ago (and prior).

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank God for Republicans in Congress that put a damper on the Obama binge spending.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

But, and I say this honestly or question it honestly...How bad were the last 8 years nationally and internationally?

Maybe they were horrible, but how do you know? How do I know they were good?

We can argue both sides of this with DATA but how much of it is truth and how much is propaganda?

Globally it would appear we're stronger and in better position than before...
Terrorist wise, we might be better...Is ISIS better than Al Queda? Al Queda had all of Afghanistan, basically before ISIS had big parts of IRAQ and Syria
Economically we're both better off and not better off
our constitution, isn't really any worse off

I mean seriously...how bad were the last 8 years? Honestly

For me, I had held onto the belief that Obama would piece the country back together, after the CALAMITY of Bush.

It was evident after the first DAY of him in office that this was not going to be so.

Immediately he lied. It was about South Ossetia and Russia...one of his first lies.

Then came:

1) Questions about Osama Bin Laden and his decision to bury him at see, sight unseen.
2) The message from his adviser Robert Reich about "White males need not apply" for the "Stimulus."
3) Then the IRS Scandal.
4) Then the Obamacare LIES, Gruber, the website botch, and NOW the fact that Obamacare has been dropped by the largest Insurer in the country, because they know it's NOT VIABLE.
5) DACA, the ILLEGAL Executive Orders which were struck down by SCOTUS about Illegal Immigrants.
6) the fact that tax payer money is STILL used to transport Illegal Immigrants and purposefully move them into deeper territory in the nation
7) BLATANT lies about his phony "Birth Certificate" which he uploaded to the WH website, which has been torn to SHRED by document experts and has NOT (contrary to rumor) been debunked.
8) Constant LIES about employment numbers via the CBO data, inflating the % while the workforce has less skilled jobs and more total OUT OF WORK people....don't BS me
9) His LIES about Assad and chemical weapons attacks when the UN wouldn't listen to Kerry's case because there was insufficient evidence, and more evidence to the contrary that ISIS rebels actually did the attack
10) His coverups of the amount of young children that were flooding our border.
11) His drumming up race issues and coming to the defense of PROVEN lawless thugs like Mike Brown while not saying a WORD about Kate Steinle, or dead soldiers.
12) His backing of the COMMON CORE revamp of education which is a travesty in itself
13) His deal with IRAN...which is deplorable and stupid at so many economic and political levels.
14) The fact that he is LYING about his 'relationship" with Frank Marshall Davis...BULLCRAP...not buying it
15) His constant attack on guns when none of the data suggests any of his plans would have even improved what he claimed was the threat
16) His hiring of Hillary Clinton for secretary who laughed evilly as Gaddafi was killed, when just MONTHS before they touted him as a friend and ally/
17) His setting of Libya on fire socially and politically, where now NUSRA, QAEDA, and other factions are SPREADING
18) His stand down orders to ICE and BORDER PATROL over a still unknown reason, which makes NO sense economically and socially
19) His proxy arming of ISIS and deals with REBELS who are bad actors in the region themmselves
20) His attempt to import refugees from hotbeds of terrorism when his own HEADS of Departments warned they cannot vet properly. For what reason????? What sensible reason??? To be "Samaritans"?
21) How Obama and Leftists have fomented a culture where school kids take over entire learning instituitions based on hyped outrage and 'race' gripes, safe spaces, and other childish Liberal positions
22) Race relations in general because of his Administrations OWN culture and propaganda.

This is just a list of 22 things off the top of my head.

Included in that is the very real and DANGEROUS Liberal policies in Europe right now utterly destroying entire Western cultures and threatening people's lives.

Liberals own the current situations that are changing the face of the world in RAPID fashion. I will no longer accept Liberalism. It has become a Cancer.

BUSH??? Yeah, Bush was horrible. Bush started multi Trillion Dollar wars and tanked us to the brink of all out collapse, gave of the DHS and the Patriot Act.

But Obama?? He's practically killed the soul of this country along with the Leftist cohorts to the point I don't even recognize where I live anymore because it's a constant daily revelation.

I will NEVER vote for a Democrat or support a "Liberal" or even LOOK their way after this. In fact, I want this new Neo- Liberalism to die a painful death as an ideology. It's a cancer and must go, no matter what the cost. This new Neo-Liberal Leftism has become a direct and imminent danger. BUSH is an after thought at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join