It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Make Trump A Good President?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I remember how people were talking and reacting to Obama before he was elected his first term, and I see the same cognitive dissonance from Trump supporters. They will weasel-around certain issues and try to justify his past actions in a way they would find unacceptable if it was Obama.

You Trump fanboys need to get a grip and take a new look at this candidate. It's Obama 2.0 and you guys are robotic in your support.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Nothing can make that narcissist a good President. I have yet to see a compelling argument from ANY Trump supporter about how he'd make a good President. Usually just deflections and personal attacks.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

One that does not tell Russia "I will have more flexibility" and will be respected by the foreign leader. Thank you for using the same tired talking points for the last 3 posts. We will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then list them off and show why. Simply saying they are does not prove a point or make a case. Retort the list I gave as why I think he could be to start.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Obama 2.0 because he is running a social media campaign and using the same tactics or because he is the same as Obama? Can you please clearly define what you mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm gonna laugh my ass off at all the naysayers after Trump gets elected. Then I'll laugh again at all the naysayers when they all get their panties in a bunch when he calls it like it is on world leaders, then plays golf with Putin. He still won't be as embarrassing as when old man Bush threw up on the Japan Prime Minister.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
He's a corporate mogul - it's like a dream come true for the global corpotracy. I never thought it would become that easy for them - but here we are. This feeling that our nations crops are begging for electrolytes - we're so close to finally giving them what they need.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Then list them off and show why. Simply saying they are does not prove a point or make a case. Retort the list I gave as why I think he could be to start.

Your list has nothing to do with mine which is why I have no reason to debate your list.

You want some examples of his absolutely absurd policies fine here:

35% Tariff on foreign goods he says- That would be a great way to crash the US economy overnight. Tariffs are not a bad idea but they should start at no more than 3% for example Apple manufactures their ipads in china because it saves them $10 for a $500 product. The fact that he said 35% is idiotic and it would be impossible to get passed unless he crowns himself as emperor.

Banning a religion from entry- That would be unconstitutional = impossible unless he crowns himself as emperor.

Build a wall, but how? He says make Mexico do it, but how? That is where it falls apart unless he makes himself emperor and threatens war over it.

Deport all illegal immigrants- What a great way to increase food prices for us all oh and if you want to keep them out you would need that wall and have to hire 100 times more people to patrol the border and that would cost a lot of tax dollars.

Go after and kill the families of terrorists- Completly against the Geneva convention which the US pushed for and signed so if that were to happen not only would he be a war criminal everyone who took part in carrying out such orders would also be war criminals.

Trump s plans could only be seen to fruition if he became an Emperor and tyrant. There are some examples of his moronic plans. If it happened as he planned the wall would be used to keep us in. His plans wouldn't make the US great it would make us into a third world country.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What will make him better??

The only thing is that he isn't Hillary or Sanders.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
To a Democrat? Nothing.

They're still giving Obama a pass on things blaming Bush, and it's been seven years. If Trump or another Republican gains office they'll be blaming him for the economy, homelessness, troop deaths, and the Cubs curse from day 1. It's so predictable.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks, that is all that I asked for.

35% Tariff on foreign goods he says- This is an opinion that we could not get more than 3%. He does not want to be dictator. What he has stated is that he wants top bring production back to the US and stop getting screwed with the low tariff.

Banning a religion from entry- He stated that he wanted to pause immigration not stop it forever. There is a big difference. I think it should be reviewed and it is the smart thing to do. The current immigration process is broken.

Build a wall, but how? - The US gave 5.9 billion in foreign military aid in 2014. 75% goes to Israel and Saudi. There is no need for that. We spend a total of 35 billion in aid to foreign countries. This is a business man who does building for a living. It could become a Federal project that would create jobs. Create tax revenue from US companies payroll payroll tax. Vision is needed her folks.

Deport all illegal immigrants- See above. Stop foreign aid. Deport those who should not be here. There are 97 million out of the workforce that need jobs in the US. Fine companies that use illegal workers. That was done once in the US but the current administration is just letting them flow freely and it needs to be stopped. I am all for legal immigration and even allowing refugees that have bee vetted. That is what he is calling for.

Go after and kill the families of terrorists- The Geneva Convention does not apply to terrorists. If they want to kill innocent people, especially on US soil, then they are putting their families at risk. Obama did it with Anwar Al-Awlaki. He kiiled not only terrorists but US citizens. I have an issue with the US citizen as that sets precedence. Once something is allowed it can always be argued it is right. Scary to think that would mane drone strikes on 'suspected terrorists' in the US.

He is trying to keep up from becoming a third world country.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He stated that he wanted to pause immigration

No, it wasn't immigration it was people of a faith from immigrating. Hey, it wasn't even immigrating he wants to keep people of a certain faith from coming here period.

It could become a Federal project that would create jobs.

The wall that he said Mexico would fund and build wouldn't be a federal project at least not a US federal project. It would be owned by the country who built it. Forcing that on another nation no different from an imperial tyrant decree.

Deport all illegal immigrants- See above. Stop foreign aid. Deport those who should not be here. There are 97 million out of the workforce that need jobs in the US. Fine companies that use illegal workers. That was done once in the US but the current administration is just letting them flow freely and it needs to be stopped. I am all for legal immigration and even allowing refugees that have bee vetted. That is what he is calling for.

Who is going to pick your crops? You know they don't even pay them minimum wage right do you want higher food prices? Who is going to keep them out? That takes manpower at 100 times more manpower. Are you for hiring thousands and thousands more border patrol agents growing government agencies and spending billions more on them?

Go after and kill the families of terrorists- The Geneva Convention does not apply to terrorists.

It does apply to going after non-combatants. = relatives, women, children, uncles, aunts, grandparents that are only related to a terrorist.

Geneva Convention

According to Common Article 3, people who are taking no active part in the hostilities "shall in all circumstances be treated humanely… To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever … violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture."

Article 51.2, which states, "The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack. Acts or threats of violence the primary purpose of which is to spread terror among the civilian population are prohibited."

If it did happen there would always be 1 or 2 from a family that were missed and would probably become the most diehard terrorist we had ever created. If a country murdered my family because of something my cousin did I would do everything in my power to get revenge and I think most people would do the same no matter their origin.

He is trying to keep up from becoming a third world country.

No, his plans would make us worse off than the third world.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Immigration - In a written statement late Monday afternoon, the Trump campaign said the Republican frontrunner wanted a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.” To figure it out. They should be stopped. Last I checked there were no Christians immigrating and killing US citizens.

Wall - If we could not get Mexico to build it then stop foriegn aid. This is something he is big on. He talks about how we fund wars for other countries while they sell their oil and not to us at a cheap price. Are you arguing that we should not have a border in place?

Crops - So, you think it is ok to pay an illegal immigrant less of a wage, collect no taxes and still subsidize that illegal when they use Medicaid and EBT benefits because that is what is happening. If we worked to employ legal employees it would bring in more and legal tax revenue and lower the cost of benefits to the bottom line of the US budget.

Terrorist families - If that is the case, then Obama should be charged with a war crime because not only did he kill civilians he killed 2 US Citizens. I understand that it sounds harsh but threats are better than drawing lines in the sand that are habitually crossed. Projecting strength works wonders. Right now on the world stage we look very, very weak.

Why would Trump want the US to be worse? If he is such a loud mouth about accomplishments, why would he set himself up for what could be his greatest failure? Does not make sense when you look at it like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

He talks about how we fund wars for other countries while they sell their oil and not to us at a cheap price.

“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Hope you are ready for even higher oil prices from those pissed off Muslim businessmen that can't even visit the country.

Wall - If we could not get Mexico to build it then stop foreign aid.

They would laugh at us and there would be twice as many jumping the border.

The US gives Mexico 971 million a year a wall could be as high as $16 million per mile, with a total price tag of $15 billion to $25 billion for roughly 1,300 miles and could cost as much as $750 million a year to maintain.

That would be for a crappy metal wall like what is already in some areas that they still tunnel under and jump.

The wall is a sick joke that you don't seem to get.

Crops - So, you think it is ok to pay an illegal immigrant less of a wage, collect no taxes and still subsidize that illegal when they use Medicaid and EBT benefits because that is what is happening. If we worked to employ legal employees it would bring in more and legal tax revenue and lower the cost of benefits to the bottom line of the US budget.

FYI the reason they will pick crops for a fraction of what minimum wage is, is because they can't get regular jobs without documentation.

Terrorist families - If that is the case, then Obama should be charged with a war crime because not only did he kill civilians he killed 2 US Citizens. I understand that it sounds harsh but threats are better than drawing lines in the sand that are habitually crossed. Projecting strength works wonders. Right now on the world stage we look very, very weak.

None of us like collateral damage, but civilians were not the target they were in the vicinity of the target and the two from the US declared themselves as enemy combatants.

Trump wants to go after relatives I hope you can understand the difference.

Why would Trump want the US to be worse? If he is such a loud mouth about accomplishments, why would he set himself up for what could be his greatest failure? Does not make sense when you look at it like that.

He is a billionaire it wouldn't affect him in fact it would probably hep his businesses by lowering the cost of US labor and he would be able to buy up properties on the cheap. While in office he could approve tons of bills that would only help the rich become richer after all his wealth is globalized.

However, I still think he is just trolling the plebs.
edit on 11-1-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Last I checked there were no Christians immigrating and killing US citizens.

Well I doubt that number is 0, but we don't need immigrants to do that, our own christian citizens are killing people.
edit on thMon, 11 Jan 2016 16:15:00 -0600America/Chicago120160080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As much as I like outsiders, I like Rand Paul, I don't think Trump would be a good president.

He's very divisive. More so than Clinton or Obama, and actually Obama hasn't been that divisive of a president. Trump seems to piss everyone off at one point or another. He's always been Immensely rich his entire life. He's out of touch with the common American Citizen. He seems to want to put boots on the ground in Syria, but has he ever met anyone from the IRAQ and Afghanistan wars? Wounded Vets? One of my best friends was shot in IRAQ several times. We don't need any more of our troops going over there to defeat an a couple of wackos in pick up trucks. He mocked a disabled person for God's sake! He's insulted the other candidates, not on their policies but on their appearances. Do we need a spoiled rich kid with a third grader's mentality running America? Nope.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

The empty barrel always rattles the loudest! And this fellow is as empty as it gets. Nothing but a narrow minded hate mongering disrespectful and inarticulate bully with ultra right wing dictatorial tendencies. A legend in his own mind only and a potential utter disaster for America if he ever gets near the presidency!!! Absolutely NOTHING could make him fit for the White House, or any other responsible public office.
edit on 24-1-2016 by kendix1960 because: An addendum added.

edit on 24-1-2016 by kendix1960 because: Capitalized letter needed.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
a reply to: Punisher75

The empty barrel always rattles the loudest! And this fellow is as empty as it gets. Nothing but a narrow minded hate mongering disrespectful and inarticulate bully with ultra right wing dictatorial tendencies. A legend in his own mind only and a potential utter disaster for America if he ever gets near the presidency!!! Absolutely NOTHING could make him fit for the white House, or any other responsible public office.

I totally agree! I don't think has a chance in hell of getting the nomination but if he does and is elected; America will march into a Fascist state wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross just like HLM predicted.

I don't think the neocon military/CIA/corporate/cabal will allow Trump to lead. Trump is a surreal agent provocateur imo, with another hidden agenda that will leave his devotees slack jawed, with tears running down their faces.
edit on 24-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He definitely has a hidden agenda. I'm afraid much more than tears will be running down many faces if he ever becomes President. Heaven forbid!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

In short...YES

You have yet to have a good president so nothing to compare to....OH and before you mention JFK or Lincoln...NO

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join