It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Make Trump A Good President?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
Cool, not a fan of the Hill dog either.

And would agree, she tends to do the same thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Cool, not a fan of the Hill dog either.

And would agree, she tends to do the same thing.

I'm not for Hillary nor Bush

But am enjoying watching/listening to everyone getting on the Trump bash wagon

Like Hillary would be better...LMAO
Oh that is a good one

And not one politician out there gives a rats azz of "we the people"
Both Dems and Reps alike

They haven't been for the public in quite some time now
All it is -- is a power fest for ALL candidates, not just Trump

Thank goodness I'm Independent
Would hate to be stuck with Hillary or Bernie as my only choice for Dem

Not sure what we have on the Rep side just yet

Who knows, Trump might surprise us all (snickers)
As another poster stated, he would surround himself by people who are in the know.
Unlike Obama, maybe Trump would listen to them

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

But am enjoying watching/listening to everyone getting on the Trump bash wagon

Like Hillary would be better...LMAO

So if you bash trump you have to think Hilary would be better??

As another poster stated, he would surround himself by people who are in the know.
Unlike Obama, maybe Trump would listen to them

Based on what? Because he stands on a podium and tells you that?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Trump does not strike me as a person who listens..waaaay to busy enjoying the sound of his own voice.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why would he be a good president? Some of these apply to what is needed in the next candidate and some is specific to Trump.

Because he does not need the job. He has a fantastic business, a loving family and had been a supporter of both political sides for four decades. However, he is undoubtly the most talked about thing in the country for the last 6 months and if not for him many of the big issues would not be at the forefront.

1. Most politicians are running so that they can get that notch. They have worked for years and years and made deal after deal after deal to get where they are. In order to seal the deal they sell to the highest bidder in the world of lobbyists. He has knows how that game works and he is not beholden to anyone. Would you not like a sitting POTUS to tell Congress to stop hold Hands Up Don't shoot protests and get something done.

2. Running a country like a business - this means that you are responsible and make those working for your responsible. We have doubled our national debt in the last 10 years. There are tax hikes after tax hikes and hidden tax hikes(ACA) that cannot be sustained much longer. The 1% does not hate the middle and lower class. Those are the people that the 1% employs. Balance a budget. MAKE congress and the house work together. If you have someone who is not afraid to say what he means then things should get done. Like in a business. Some bosses I hated as I was younger I understood later when I managed people. It is tough, there is no grey area and tough decisions need to be made.

3. Racism - He wants to stop 'illegal immigration'. There is nothing wrong with that. Building a secure wall would help to stop that. We could reduce the billions in foreign aid and employ US citizens to build the wall. Pumping money back into the economy. Billions. This creates more tax revenue also instead of simply taken tax revenue and throwing it at a problem that is not being corrected. He has run multiple business and I cannot find any lawsuits against him personally (not his company) and I would think, after all of these years there would be something. The only thing you will find is that in his 20's he was a the subject of a DOJ lawsuit that said his company did not rent enough to people of color. There was no judgement and there is nothing else that has even been brought up.

4. Sexism - His daughter runs his billion dollar company, not his sons. If he did not want women in high profile positions, as Lena Dunham mentioned at a Clinton rally this week, then his sons would be there. He also never raped his wife as so many want to say, even when Ivana said it was taken out of context. Let's not listen to the victim and just perpetuate the scandal so it sound worse for Trump.

5. Foreign Policy - He takes not #. That is what we want and need in the world as it is today. There was a time not long ago when the US simply said what it wanted and we were better off then than we are now. There is no respect of the US on the world stage. We are releasing Gitmo detainees who are then going back to the fight. We traded a deserter for Taliban officials. We gave Iran the green light to build nuclear weapons and Iran is holding US citizens in prison. ISIS is stealing and selling oil to our so called allies.

6. Self Gain - I read where folks say he is doing it to make more money. He does not need to be the POTUS to make more money. He could simply sit back and buy the next candidate if he wanted as needed or not. He will still make money. His father gave him a million dollar loan he had to pay back with interest and did while creating his empire...twice.

7. He listens. Everyday. To his Presidents and CEO's of individual companies he has and then makes a decision. It is in his book that he states he knows that value of listening before making a uninformed decision.

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-10T18:55:36-06:000636 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I want to know what people think it is that will make him a good President.

He is so far from having what it takes to be presidential material that there no scenario that I can imagine where he would be a good president.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sometimes I think Trump is an undercover alien. A couple of days before the election, he will pull off his mask and then all of his followers will be lifted up by antigravity beams, sucked up into big space canisters and then dropped into the sun. That makes as much sense to me as him winning.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I don't hate trump at all, I dislike highly the idea of that man running the nation.
Mainly because he doesn't say anything of substance, he gets on a stage bashes obama some and then talks about how great he will be.
Just vague statement after vague statement about how great he and his 'people' are and how he will get stuff done.

Insert Obama's name above and you will be saying exactly what Obama did. Gets on stage, bashes Bush A LOT, then talks about how great he will be, but then never delivers on a single promise.

How could Trump do worse than that??????????????????????????????? edit: Your keen sense of Duplicity is extremely hilarious.

edit on 10-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

While I (as you knew I would) disagree that anything you said would make a good President, thank-you for actually answering the question.

*Not to say I don't appreciate the posts of people who don't like Trump, I was just looking for more in depth answers from his supporters.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Sometimes I think Trump is an undercover alien. A couple of days before the election, he will pull off his mask and then all of his followers will be lifted up by antigravity beams, sucked up into big space canisters and then dropped into the sun. That makes as much sense to me as him winning.

If he did that, the MSM would roast him alive for plagiarizing Obama.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

"If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles... if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." Tzu

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-10T19:39:13-06:000713 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No need to get all argumentative

I merely voiced my opinion, which I am entitled to.

That is the downside to politics

People can't just make casual remarks about a candidate, without someone demanding an answer and get all huffy about it.

I need not to explain myself to anyone.

All I am saying is many of the traits that posters here are bashing Trump for, match those of Hillary.
Except her record for lies is far, far worse.

Yet most act like this only applies to Trump
Just merely observing, that's all

Aah, but then again, this thread title is only about Trump
My bad

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That's fine, I don't take anyone who thinks Trump shoots it straight seriously so guess we are in the same camp.

I never said that. I answered the OP's question. In fact, I cited several issues with Trump. It's just that I do not find the knee-jerk "Trump is an AZZZZZ!!!!" responses helpful or insightful, but dismissable. They do not show any sense that they understand the issues. All these "This [guy you don't like] is an idiot!" responses simply prove that democracy sucks.

I don't hate Obama. I don't hate Sanders. I don't hate Trump. I don't hate Cruz. That you guys fixate on personality issues that don't matter in the least tells me you really, in an ideal world, should not be part of any decision making on who is president.

Really, y'all should pass a test on how the whole thing works before you get a license to vote.....

but that would be raaaaaacccccist!!!!

Good Lord, God help us, and no, I don't believe in God, so help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've no doubts that economically Trump has the potential to be a fantastic President.

But then he opens his mouth on every other topic and I release a guttural laugh at his inadequacies...

Loose lips, sink ships.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I don't hate Obama. I don't hate Sanders. I don't hate Trump. I don't hate Cruz. That you guys fixate on personality issues that don't matter in the least tells me you really, in an ideal world, should not be part of any decision making on who is president.

Normally, schuyler, I feel too intimidated to respond to your posts. Lately, you have seemed a bit more approachable (this may be ENTIRELY due to me and my own growth) and so, I am going to respond....

I don't "hate" any of them, either. But I definitely do think that Trump or Cruz or Clinton or whomever are problemaic. I trust NONE of them.....

but, Bernie - I have to say, I trust that he is at the very least genuine. He means what he's saying.
I honestly believe that.

I say: Let's give it a chance.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

Can you clarify on this? What problems specifically?

Sure... he doesn't have a PC shoe stoppered in his mouth.
I don't have to agree with him to appreciate honesty.

As you stated about the bigotry label becoming oh so meaningless, when the pendulum swings the term PC is becoming ever more boring and pedantic too.

& honestly, there is "not being PC" and there is Trumpism, and never the twain shall meet.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I've focused on his lack of any sort of actual plans and just standing up on a podium and talking out his ass.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have to agree with that. He may be a bigot, and other non-PC things, but you can't convince people with that.

The fact that he has no real plans is something people can discuss. Like ask him how to deal with imigration and he says build a wall. Ask him how he plans to fund it and he says he will make Mexico build it. Ask him how he will do that and he says "Respect My Authority".

He is a living breathing South Park episode.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I don't think Trump will be elected president either, and he better not be! This bigoted racially dividing demagogue doesn't have any substantive policies to address our nation's major issues whatsoever, and all he knows how to do is insult and denigrate any candidate or individual who challenges him or disagrees with him. His comments alienate the very Muslim Americans our country needs to join the global coalition against Isis and in fact encourages increased numbers of jihadist radicals to be recruited to the Isis holy war against the West.

The last thing America needs is a candidate who would trample our constitution and make a mockery of the first amendment and a good portion of the entire Bill of Rights.

If Trump becomes president, he will make America unrecognizable. This simply cannot be allowed to happen!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

Wow, you just described the last 7 years of our country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join