It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Make Trump A Good President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
.... Not getting elected

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: olaru12

Which leaves us Cruz.

Heaven help us.....

Nah, much to early to call. But imo Some how Jeb and the neoconservative's will pull out the nomination . And the LIV Trump supports will be left with a surprised look on their faces and no where to go!

Cruz is just to ugly and has a girly whiney voice. No way José. ....the gop thinks he's a geek!!!

edit on 10-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: schuyler

Why?

What about him should make us think he would be a good president?

He doesn't call things how it is, he repeatedly just spouts out nonsense that when fact checked comes back as false.

I already told you exactly why. I believe you fall into the latter category of my post. I don't take your post seriously.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"What Will Make Trump A Good President?"

A brain transplant with Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nah, much to early to call. But imo Some how Jeb and the neoconservative's will pull out the nomination .

Lol!!! That would be GREAT!!

Talk about rebooting MadTV, and SNL for years to come.......

the more I watch this horror-fest of a Dating Game, the less I see wrong with Jeb! or even with Christie....

Carson is right out -
Cruz is abominable -
Trump is ridiculous -
Rubio, well - not a bad guy, but still a nobody;

Carly who? And Rick S ---- ??? something with an "S"? or, a Mick??? S?....or an "H"?

pathetic flock. Not one of them fit for the purpose..... To be honest, I can scarcely believe this is all happening.
It's so surreal!!!!

edit on 1/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Hey, did you hear how the Syrians are starving to death, and having "grass soup", and boiled tree leaves to keep them alive?
Now there aren't hardly any leaves left......
I wonder - do they have rodentia (mice, rats, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, etc) available???......If not, why not? What will they do?

Oh, right. Starve to death. But lots of military arsenal and armament manufacturers and also mercenary warriors will be fat and happy.

FUN!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't hate trump at all, I dislike highly the idea of that man running the nation.
Mainly because he doesn't say anything of substance, he gets on a stage bashes obama some and then talks about how great he will be.
Just vague statement after vague statement about how great he and his 'people' are and how he will get stuff done.
Until it comes time to actually say HOW he will do it.

Also this "He shoots it straight". No, he does not.
He spouts nonsense.

I don't take your post seriously.

That's fine, I don't take anyone who thinks Trump shoots it straight seriously so guess we are in the same camp.

The guy thinks another country is going to pay for a freaking wall and the way he is going to force them to do is to break trade deals...

edit on thSun, 10 Jan 2016 16:26:09 -0600America/Chicago120160980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSun, 10 Jan 2016 16:30:59 -0600America/Chicago120165980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Per usual "You go find it your self" response.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think his bigotry would/will be his downfall if he becomes president. What he has going for him, in my opinion, is the potential that he is completely untainted by external monetary interests that normally run the show.

Our leaders should not "want to be president", they should want to help the system, and if that involves being president, so be it. George Washington kind of stuff.

I'm honestly just sick of pre-inauguration promises that never come true, because the same money runs whoever wins this highschool-like popularity contest we call an election. I think Trump has the highest likelihood of breaking such a cycle, or ending the world. Either or, it will be exciting.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Our leaders should not "want to be president", they should want to help the system, and if that involves being president, so be it. George Washington kind of stuff.

EXACTLY!

Philosopher Kings....
Plato

www.spaceandmotion.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm not really worried about Trump becoming President. I still think whoever the Democrat nominee is will win.

Considering the current point in time with so much of that pathway yet to be traversed before the election?
My guess is that it is a concern but also, merely a guess... or a wish. But, no problem. It's like that on both sides of the tracks right now. People must be convinced that the 'other guy' won't win.

However, it is very clear that Trump is gaining popularity among some sects of Conservatives but I don't really understand why.

He approaches the problems this nation faces today openly and honestly. That doesn't mean he will have a cure. Not in the least but, for the moment, he's the only one with the gonads to do so. Every other conservative and liberal are endungeoned by PC or, political correctness.

Is it really that he's simply not "PC" and is pretty openly bigoted toward Muslims, Mexicans, African-Americans and women?

The term 'bigotry', among many others, is being so abused right now that they just don't carry much weight. In fact, those who apply it are often practicing it.

Oh, and that's called, 'hypocrisy'.

This happens every election and only those who are predisposed to a certain candidate or indoctrination, can fall into it without a second thought.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Right?!!!! Oh yeah - a 100-foot-tall wall, and make Mexico pay for it........

ridiculous.

Suppose they simply say, "Well, we're not gonna!".......

kinda like so many borrowers right here at home these days.

"Oh! I owe you money!??? Yes! Well, yes! I do at that!! But - since everything is sucky now, well - I can't do that. Much as I would like to....."

You know - the old adage:
"Can't get blood from a turnip...."

What would they do...throw everyone in prison?????

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Every other conservative and liberal are endungeoned by PC or, political correctness.

"endungeoned"....awesome word.....

I was thinking "benighted." Same thing.......
anyway - no - Bernie is neither 'benighted' nor 'endungeoned'. Walks the talk and vice versa.

Check him out.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Suppose they simply say, "Well, we're not gonna!".......

Which of course they will, because why the hell should they build a wall?

He then says he is going to put new taxes on their products, which I can only assume would be against NAFTA.

While I am not NAFTA's biggest fan, pretty sure you can't just go about breaking the deals laid out in that, well unless you do so by E.O....
Wouldn't that be rich.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

He approaches the problems this nation faces today openly and honestly.

Can you clarify on this? What problems specifically? Immigration is obviously very prominent on Conservative issues, are his proposals, a wall and barring Muslims from entering the country, viable, desired solutions?

Is there anything besides immigration that supporters think he would be good for?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If I had my way, I'd resurrect one of four previous presidents... each of whom were worthy in their own way and each of whom would take on today's world and turn it on its ear...

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Dwight David Eisenhower
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Ronald Wilson Reagan

Compared to the the last four we've suffered?

GHW Bush
Bill Clinton
Dubya Bush
Barrack Obama

Like comparing steel to mud.

If wishes only came true...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Can you clarify on this? What problems specifically?

Sure... he doesn't have a PC shoe stoppered in his mouth.
I don't have to agree with him to appreciate honesty.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I think FDR or JFK would be welcome fresh air.....

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I think FDR or JFK would be welcome fresh air.....

All four had directionals they were never allowed or simply could not apply.

I'd go with FDR or Eisenhower.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

While I am not NAFTA's biggest fan, pretty sure you can't just go about breaking the deals laid out in that, well unless you do so by E.O....
Wouldn't that be rich.

lol!!

Well, he'd still be rich.

He seems to think that everyone loves him, and he knows everyone, and everyone knows him, and they love him.....
:/

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So is that it? He'd be a good President because he's not PC?

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join