It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Make Trump A Good President?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm not really worried about Trump becoming President. I still think whoever the Democrat nominee is will win. However, it is very clear that Trump is gaining popularity among some sects of Conservatives but I don't really understand why. Is it really that he's simply not "PC" and is pretty openly bigoted toward Muslims, Mexicans, African-Americans and women?

If that's the case (it really seems to be) what about his understanding of geopolitics, I really don't think his foreign policy could possibly be effective and may even be harmful. How well will he follow the Constitution?

I don't really want to talk about his bigotry though. I want to know what people think it is that will make him a good President.

For reference to some of his statements:

Politifact Truth-o-meter

Donald Trump's campaign site (positions)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He would insult world leaders (more so then Bush Jr) and, frankly, the world would be very concerned that his finger is on the 'button'. Worse perhaps and I'll say that qualifier again then North Korea's Kim Il Jong. A self-centered, egotistical bully.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

He caters for the lowest common denominator.
Idiots who want to put all Muslims in camps and think the actions of a few equal everyone in the same boat.
If idiots can't see him running is a sure fire way of Clinton getting in...well I would be disappointed but I'm disappointed with the members of ATS at the moment.
Oh and he will not be a good president.
edit on 10-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He's essentially promising to be the anti-Obama, which is exactly what Obama promised (anti bush), but we know that didn't work out.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Presidents have a lot less latitude than you would think. If you want a good example, compare the "Hope and Change" Obama promised with what he has accomplished. Even he would agree it did not go as planned, and the far left is royally pissed at him for his "mediocre" performance, despite the continued cheer leading by his fanboyz.

A truly "good" president gets along with Congress, and Trump would have a lot of difficulty doing that. Yet this is the way to "get things done" in Washington. No doubt Trump can negotiate; he's written a few books on the subject, but I don't know that he can park his ego at the door. One of the things Reagan said was, "It's surprising how much you can get done when you don't take credit for it." I doubt Trump could do that.

In terms of foreign policy he would not be alone. Every president gets surrounded by policy wonks who are considered "experts." and it is they who would guide any president in this volatile area. On the other hand Trump has a certain amount of 'real politik' around him. He would make instant BFF with Putin, for example, and that could be a very good thing long term. And though a lot of people, including OP, are quick to call him "racist," (a cheap term easily flung about) a good percentage of the country recognizes the truth of his remarks. He's willing to address the elephants in the room while his cerebral fellow citizens hide behind "racism" and other issues because "everyone is equal," worthy, and any "criminal elements" are because of a racist society, not depraved minds. In that sense Trump is refreshing because he's not afraid to call it as it is.

All in all I think Trump would have some serious difficulties, but he would also be a better President than most people think unless, of course, you already have so much hatred for him and America that you won't be satisfied no matter what he does. He would be kind of like Obama in that regard, who has a similar kind of opposition from the opposite sector.

Oh, and I'm also disappointed with the members of ATS at the moment.
edit on 1/10/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In my view as an outsider nothing will make Trump a good President , if he were selected and elected he would be a disaster for all but the 1%.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
*IF* and when Trump gets defeated and a Democrat gets elected, we will hear the biggest "I told ya so" onslaught in history !!

The government failures will pile so high they'll need space ships to get to the top.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I'm not really worried about Trump becoming President. I still think whoever the Democrat nominee is will win. However, it is very clear that Trump is gaining popularity among some sects of Conservatives but I don't really understand why. Is it really that he's simply not "PC" and is pretty openly bigoted toward Muslims, Mexicans, African-Americans and women?

If that's the case (it really seems to be) what about his understanding of geopolitics, I really don't think his foreign policy could possibly be effective and may even be harmful. How well will he follow the Constitution?

I don't really want to talk about his bigotry though. I want to know what people think it is that will make him a good President.

For reference to some of his statements:

Politifact Truth-o-meter

Donald Trump's campaign site (positions)

He would make a good president because he isn't AS bigoted as Obama has been. I know, you will think "What?"" Obama Bigoted? Why yes, he really hated his white mother and never wanted to be beholden to white people, and he has made that very clear in the past when he has condemned white cops, and whites anywhere. He is also bigoted towards blacks by getting their votes, and then letting them go un-helped later so they are more impoverished today than before.

And no matter what his foreign policies are, they couldn't even hope to be as bad as Obama's have been. Trump would have to take a special course at a college to learn how to EFF up things THAT bad. His natural instincts have been to make deals that both sides really like, and that is why he is where he is today.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Why?

What about him should make us think he would be a good president?

He doesn't call things how it is, he repeatedly just spouts out nonsense that when fact checked comes back as false.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

? Why yes, he really hated his white mother and never wanted to be beholden to white people, and he has made that very clear in the past when he has condemned white cops, and whites anywhere.

When?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

NOTHING will make Trump a good president.

Not at all! It doesn't apply to him (rich, famous guy that he is) at all!!!!!

Oooo...sorry.

I didn't see the last bit.......

For my part, though (while I'm at it), he would alienate EVERY other world leader with his bloviating crudeness......
much as he'd like to imagine it, he is not THAT SPECIAL on the world stage.
He's been reduced by this whole fiasco to a circus-clown.

When I read this morning that it's him or Cruz after all, well, it just solidified my surety that Bernie will be our guy.....

edit on 1/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now I'm really worried !!!
You mean, you're worried about Trump besides being worried about your inability to track the conversation or the news or the race to the Oval Office??? Perhaps you should try it.....

Or, do you mean you're worried just insofar as you are failing at "mocking BuzzyWigs"?

You don't frighten me with your silly knees-bent, running-around, advancing behavior.

Kali isn't worried because it's a preposterous idea, and not going to happen.

edit on 1/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup you always are.. perpetual fear suits you.
Thats what Trump is counting on you all being afraid...working isn't it?.

edit on 10-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
*IF* and when Trump gets defeated and a Democrat gets elected, we will hear the biggest "I told ya so" onslaught in history !!

The government failures will pile so high they'll need space ships to get to the top.

Okay... but do you think Trump will be a good President?

If so, can you state why?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Donald has peaked! His base is solid but it's not enough to get the nomination. His arrogant style is in fact driving away in some of his one time supporters. His only hope left is 3rd party or write in, both a losing propasition. Bye bye donald!!

So he will not be potus, just another loser
on fox.
edit on 10-1-2016 by olaru12 because: 34ryg67$%_^/$

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
originally posted by: xuenchen

Okay... but do you think Trump will be a good President?

If so, can you state why?

I have no idea.

I think all the "candidates" (oxymoron) are puppets.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Which leaves us Cruz.

Heaven help us.....

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

? Why yes, he really hated his white mother and never wanted to be beholden to white people, and he has made that very clear in the past when he has condemned white cops, and whites anywhere.

When?

You haven't read Obama's book?
How about watch the news during the Ferguson riots?
No?
Check it out, you can see what you missed. Just the usual, like when he goes live and condemns (the white) cops before anyone actually knows any facts yet. But later you find out and do a face palm, but the media can only cover for him so much, then it's too late.
But Obama supporters don't care as you just proved, pretending to not know a solitary thing about it. I suppose you can always feign ignorance like he does. "I just found out too, when I saw it on the news"

Does that always work for you?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
*Smile and yells into the old stone well*
Hello-ello-ello-ello...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join