It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

adults who love toys...where are you

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thank you for making this thread, as of late I've been on a kick of buying super Mario plush toys from Japan, I'm currently awaiting their arrival.

As for the future, well I've been browsing an awesome site that has all kinds of toys (sounds weird saying that) and props from movies.

Needless to say I will be buying a lot more and btw I'm a 26 year old man lol..

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Another doll collector here. For me it was Madame Alexander dolls. It began when I was managing a toy department and saw one of her series, The Portrait Children. The Renoir girl.
img0.etsystatic.com...

I was hooked. By the time I had daughters I had all the portrait children and had started on the storybook collection.
The girls played with their baby dolls but they preserved their storybook and international dolls. They are stored in their original boxes. As are mine....sigh...I had hoped to have a place to display them, a nice big enclosed cabinet with lighting to complement their beauty.....maybe someday.

We have an "accidental" collections of dragons as well. One of my Beloved's students presented him with a really cool dragon sculpture after he'd graduated. It is a truly awesome piece of work and we expressed our awe of his talent and respect for his work and gave it a place of honor in the house. Our kids took note of this and began buying us dragons for any gift-giving occasion. Students who came to the house and saw the collection added to it over the years as they found unique pieces. From Puff the Magic Dragon to fantastical, fearsome reptiles, they're all fascinating.
Not all of them are unique but each and every one was a gift from the heart and is treasured. Alas, the collection grew too large to display in one place so we rotate them throughout the house now, displaying only a small portion of them at one time.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I thought the thread said "Adult Love Toys"

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Nothing like dolls and dragons I say!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thejeremybenthem
I thought the thread said "Adult Love Toys"

No, but I think we all assumed that when we read the title. I was like what the...????

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

I had a large collection of action figures and such that my father similarly gave away and it's bothered me as well ever since.

Especially since my one collection I had currently sells for over 5000 dollars
edit on 11-1-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
adults who love toys...where are you

(Grumble) Frikking false advertising! Grumble...)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I admit I live through my children. Care Bears, my little pony, shopkins, Disney, minecraft, Legos, Mario. They think I'm buying it for them, I'll let them keep on thinking that, lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Pinpressions is the best toy!
Hours of gameplay
10/10

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
bumping.
if you have an fys around you they have a #load of funco's on sale
buy 2 get 75% off. great selection too

bought a couple yesterday

top topics