It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's what's going on with me.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Okay, here's how it goes.

I was in India in 2003 and I got hold of a new apartment there. A couple of months after moving in, I had a couple of weird experiences.
I often woke up screaming because I could feel someone strangling me. Not really strangling either but trying to tie up my neck with something.
It was very real and it was pretty much the same everytime.

I also always heard a voice along with it, the voice was not really threatening, but it was scary nevertheless. I couldn't make out the words or the language. Anyways, as it is with such things, I wouldn't think much of it in the morning.
However, the fear I felt at those times was just too much. I could feel a real presence in my house.
I never talked about it to anyone.

All this stopped suddenly by about December'03 (after about 3 months of it starting). And then I forgot about it. In February'04 I came back to the US.
I was staying at a Holiday Inn for my first week and was looking for apartments. Finally found one that I liked and signed the lease. The day before I moved in I went to this new apartment at about 7PM to keep some stuff there before I started moving in (essentials like toilet paper, soap etc..).

Now while I was in that place, I felt the same chilling fear all over again. Felt that someone was in that place and was watching me. It just came over me all of a sudden. I actually hurried out of that place (leaving the lights on) and rushed to my car.

Now here's the scary part. The fuel indicator started beeping and showed my gas tank as empty. Which was an impossibility as I had just filled it up that afternoon and had hardly driven 7 miles. Trusting myself with that thought, I just hurried my way back to the hotel. The fuel warning kept blinking the whole time.

When I got back to the hotel, I was back to Normal again as if whatever was bothering me was just gone. Anyways, The next morning I started the car and there was no problem. The fuel tank showed a little less than full as it should have been. I moved in and lived happily without incident.

I recall this now because a month ago I woke up screaming again. In my dream I saw a face like that of a child but not really human and pretty distorted too. I heard the same old voice again.
Whatever it was scared the sh*t out of me. My wife was alarmed too with my screaming.

Anyways, I never really discussed any of this with anyone. all my friends here are also my colleagues. And working for a major corporation, such things don't do any good for the reputation if you know what I mean.

Just wanted to get it out of my system and hopefully someone here might even offer some explanation as to what all this means.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Did you see the movie "Bhoot"?

You're indian right? maybe hindu? have you considered a hawan or consulting a pandit to see what he has to say?

since you say you had these frightening experiences both in India and here in the US, you kinda of have to rule out the location and look more at yourself and the reasoning for why such a thing could possibly occur.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vivek
However, the fear I felt at those times was just too much. I could feel a real presence in my house.

Now while I was in that place, I felt the same chilling fear all over again. Felt that someone was in that place and was watching me. It just came over me all of a sudden.

Whatever it was scared the sh*t out of me.

And working for a major corporation, such things don't do any good for the reputation if you know what I mean.

Just wanted to get it out of my system and hopefully someone here might even offer some explanation as to what all this means.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Extracting the fairy tale from your story, I got a shortened version of what you actually experienced. I believe you, because you are exclaiming the same experiences over and over again. Still, it is not easy to communicate with a person, who keeps lieing endlessly, but asking for help.

Actually, I would like to ask you to look into your soul, into what you are doing, who are you doing it with, and THEN come back here with your experiences providing REAL informations, without any fairy tale. I can see your intensions, but your nasty human mind is getting too far, with the least effort. That's fine, because I enjoy this challenge, but it is very bad for you.

You feel psychically attacked by a particular person for a very long time now, but you just cannot see that every attack you perform against that person, is turning right against YOU immediately!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Extracting the fairy tale from your story, I got a shortened version of what you actually experienced. I believe you, because you are exclaiming the same experiences over and over again. Still, it is not easy to communicate with a person, who keeps lieing endlessly, but asking for help.

And how exactly did you infer that? Fairy Tales?????

Actually, I would like to ask you to look into your soul, into what you are doing, who are you doing it with, and THEN come back here with your experiences providing REAL informations, without any fairy tale. I can see your intensions, but your nasty human mind is getting too far, with the least effort. That's fine, because I enjoy this challenge, but it is very bad for you.

I won't even pretend to understand what you are trying to say.

You feel psychically attacked by a particular person for a very long time now, but you just cannot see that every attack you perform against that person, is turning right against YOU immediately!

Now that was a good beginning.

But if your post in any way signals the kind of responses that I should expect from this forum, I might as well not look at it at all. I really do not enjoy being called a liar

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Vertu if you have nothing to contribute to the topic I would suggest that you don't hit the "Post Reply" button.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
@Worldwatcher:
Hi,
I am a hindu. But not very religious. Let's say I'm a Chicken-eating-Brahmin.
No, I did not see the movie.

I did have a "hawan" before I got back to the US. It was a "Satyanarayan Katha" and the related "Hawan" (Let me know if you know of these rituals).
And these too were at the insistance of my wife. They are not really of the Excorcism variety.

I look at Pandits (atleast most of them) in the same light as torts and other thugs. About 80% of them have no idea about the "Shlokas" or the proper way to recite them. All they are concerned about is their "Dakshina" (reward).
My Dad is a devout Brahmin and knows a lot about the rituals, much of my knowledge in these matters is through him.
I never really thought in that direction, but now that you've brought it up, I will look into it.
But the possibility of finding a knowledgable "Pandit" in the US is pretty remote. No?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
don't worry, I'm a chicken eating brahmin too

while I'm not very religious either as in following our religion word for word, I do believe some of our rituals do offer spiritual benefit. I suggested the hawan because it can sometimes help clear our environments of negative thoughts and influences.

you said you had your hawan in india, so that means you had your experiences after the hawan too? if so then perhaps you need something stronger, like a prescribed daily mantra.

our karma tends to manifest things in our lives that we may not always necessarily understand. Everything that seems paranormal is not necessarily paranormal but could just be our consciousness trying to tell us what is wrong with us or what we have done wrong. The voice and distorted face tells me that there is something that needs to be communicated within yourself.

as for the pandits, I tend to be biased and believe that all pandits are bandits but, I know that isn't true. Do you have a temple in your area or a large indian community, even grocery store? they could refer you to a pandit or have your father open the book for you, (you know read your birth chart) it might give some insight as to why you are experiencing this.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Vivek

I would like to say that is not the usual type of response you should expect from this forum......but may be the type to expect from that member (and a few others).

Do not dispair of finding the help you need....many US cities have extensive international communities....keep looking. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
@Frayed1: Thanks for the support. Really.

@Worldwatcher: That's where I think I'll start. I'll have my dad open my Janm-Kundli again.
The only problem is that the last time he did that he told me my "Buddh" was in a weak position and I had to shell out abt USD350 for an Emerald Ring

I tend to agree with your explanation.
The thing which still bothers me is that whatever negativity it was was sufficient to play with the electronics of a brand new Chevy Malibu. (?) I mean the car had less than 2K miles on it. And I think Hertz do maintain their cars okay. I had that same rental car for another 6 weeks, but never had a similar, or any other problem with it.
I know that Chevy can make some crappy cars, but that was too much of a coincidence. It could have been something more important than the fuel indicator; like say my brakes, on a freeway.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
physical phenomenon such as car problems isn't that uncommon. I suggest you do a search here for Gazrok's "Slider Phenomenon" thread. It might help explain how emotions can affect electronic stuff for you.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

@Worldwatcher:
Hi,

I did have a "hawan" before I got back to the US. It was a "Satyanarayan Katha" and the related "Hawan" (Let me know if you know of these rituals).
And these too were at the insistance of my wife. They are not really of the Excorcism variety.

I look at Pandits (atleast most of them) in the same light as torts and other thugs. About 80% of them have no idea about the "Shlokas" or the proper way to recite them. All they are concerned about is their "Dakshina" (reward).
My Dad is a devout Brahmin and knows a lot about the rituals, much of my knowledge in these matters is through him.
I never really thought in that direction, but now that you've brought it up, I will look into it.
But the possibility of finding a knowledgable "Pandit" in the US is pretty remote. No?

Your a Brahmin, huh? I would theorize that it is hundreds of years of caste oppression placed upon Dalits and others of lower castes and the pain inflicted upon them during their lifetimes from those of higher castes, such as the Brahmin's. Maybe it is what Dalits would like to do subconciously to those of the Brahmin caste, and that subconcious thought is able to reach you in your dreams. Its probably conscious and subconscious thought, the way your people treat them.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
Your a Brahmin, huh? I would theorize that it is hundreds of years of caste oppression placed upon Dalits and others of lower castes and the pain inflicted upon them during their lifetimes from those of higher castes, such as the Brahmin's. Maybe it is what Dalits would like to do subconciously to those of the Brahmin caste, and that subconcious thought is able to reach you in your dreams. Its probably conscious and subconscious thought, the way your people treat them.

That's a good theory. But all that oppression was way before my time.
Now, In India, 1/3rd or more government jobs are reserved for Dalits. They also have a lot of concessions all over the place. They can get into good schools with lesser grades too and they don't have to pay as much either. In present India you'd do pretty well to be a Dalit.
And I'm not even a practicing Brahmin.

But it could be someone that I may have POd sometime.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
maybe a poltergeist?? It sounds a bit too serious for a poltergiest, but its just an idea. do you know anyone who has a SERIOUS grudge against you that might be into astral projection?
hmm. thats about all I can think of right now......

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Vivek,

I'm wondering if this could be some level of anxiety attacks brought on by change. In reading your account, it seems this starts occurring very shortly after major location changes.

Do you think it could just be some suppression of fear of change that your subconscious works through after a bit?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigDYour a Brahmin, huh? I would theorize that it is hundreds of years of caste oppression placed upon Dalits and others of lower castes and the pain inflicted upon them during their lifetimes from those of higher castes, such as the Brahmin's.

Reincarnation isn't limited to caste.
He, I, or you, may very well have been Dalit in a previous life.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Waking up with the feeling that someone or something is strangling you can be a sign of sleep paralysis, including seeing a being sitting on your chest or in your room. Sleep apnea my cause you to wake suddenly from REM sleep and have a sleep paralysis episode, and can also cause panic attacks.

As for the rest, some could be panic related or just coincidence, like the gas issue.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajkhalsa2004

Originally posted by TheBigDYour a Brahmin, huh? I would theorize that it is hundreds of years of caste oppression placed upon Dalits and others of lower castes and the pain inflicted upon them during their lifetimes from those of higher castes, such as the Brahmin's.

Reincarnation isn't limited to caste.
He, I, or you, may very well have been Dalit in a previous life.

I'm referring historically, I know reincarnation isn't limited to caste. Where did you think I was referring to reincarnation? I was referring to their life before death and rebirth. I traveled to India about nine years ago to the Tamil Nadu region and caste oppresion was absolutely horrible. The whole caste hierarchy to me is just absurd, but that is also due to my own ethnocentristic views and the belief that all people are equal.

---Nevermind, I just realized that I typed, "lifetimes" instead of "lifetime". Honest mistake, going to edit.

[edit on 9-1-2005 by TheBigD]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

@Worldwatcher:
Hi,

Your a Brahmin, huh? I would theorize that it is hundreds of years of caste oppression placed upon Dalits and others of lower castes and the pain inflicted upon them during their lifetime from those of higher castes, such as the Brahmin's. Maybe it is what Dalits would like to do subconciously to those of the Brahmin caste, and that subconcious thought is able to reach you in your dreams. Its probably conscious and subconscious thought, the way your people treat them.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks all for your replies. You have been very helpful and have allowed me to look at the situation in a better way.

I'd have to agree most with Valhall and Defcon5.
I now believe that most of it could be just psychological and something that my mind throws at me in response to major life changes.

As for the rest, well until it happens again, I'll just treat it as coincidence.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Obviously it has nothing to do with location, so I dont know why people are asking questions about faith/india really.

Incubus/Succubus

...demon in male form that seeks to have sexual intercourse with sleeping women; the corresponding spirit in female form is called a succubus. In medieval Europe, union with an incubus was supposed by some to result in the birth of witches, demons, and deformed human offspring. The legendary magician Merlin was said to have been fathered by an incubus. Parallels exist in many cultures. The word incubus is derived from the Latin incubus ("nightmare") and incubare ("to lie upon, weigh upon, brood"). In modern psychological usage, the term has been applied to the type of nightmare that gives one the feeling of a heavy weight or oppression on the chest and stomach.

Try looking into incubus / succabus entities, I watched a program on them once, 1 supposedly holds you down by the neck, and the other has sexual intercourse (sometimes) with you.

?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join