It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handguns are illegal in Germany, but this is how some people celebrated NewYear in Berlin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Guns going off in a heavily populated metropolitan city in the 21st century. Think about that.
They are not guns. They are the equivalent of starter's pistols. No bullets, though some shoot fireworks. This guy has a collection. Go to 9:17 and 16:22 for a look down the muzzle.

On the other hand here in the good ol' USofA.

Los Angeles has a long history with celebratory gunfire, which is most common on July 4 and December 31. It’s unclear when, exactly, the trend began, but LAPD officers who spoke to Newsweek said they’ve dealt with it for the duration of their careers.

www.newsweek.com...

edit on 1/11/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

IS the USA mentioned in the article?

I know what they are. In northern Spain miners use them all the time against anti riot police and such. They can blow bits off of you. Its not pleasant. They are a weapon in the way they are used. Mostly when not facing up.

But really, aiming at a fire truck or police as they fly by while responding to an emergency that the rockets probably caused is valid enough reason to do a value check against US weapons to somehow put things into perspective. really.
edit on 1 11 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Can i get an eta for the end of europe, with all the evil muslims invading must be real soon am i right

Incoming my head is in the sand in 3.2.1

wow... ok... Hey, I guess the reports coming from Europe that radical Muslim crimes keep increasing must be false... i guess since there is no "full invasion like in Iraq and the rest of the Middle East of ISIS, then there is nothing to worry at all"... Keep on ignoring the signs. Not all Muslims are bad people but radical Muslim crimes keep increasing, and increasing, and increasing. But let's just ignore it because it hasn't turned into the Middle East yet...

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh oh theres a girl in the video, they must have forgotten to rape her, am i right

This guy... First of all, most of us are not saying all Muslims do these things. Second of all.... SHE IS MUSLIM....

She is Muslim and she is wearing a hijab so in the eyes of the majority of Muslims she is not going against the rules of Sharia law. In Europe the majority of rapes done by Muslim radicals is done on European women, or women who wear clothes in fashion in Europe.

Yes, rapes to Muslim women do happen in Muslim countries, and then the woman on most occasions is blamed for such rapes. If the Muslim government doesn't order an execution of that woman, the family might do it themselves for being shamed.

Rape victim faces honor killing.
Honour killing in rape cases are common in Afghanistan, and are often more important to the victim's family than vengeance against the attacker.

hbv-awareness.com...

The shock you must have had with that revelation...

edit on 11-1-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add links and comment.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

IS the USA mentioned in the article?
Yes. I posted it with the intention someone might read it.

I know what they are. In northern Spain miners use them all the time against anti riot police and such. They can blow bits off of you.
Are you talking about the fireworks? Because the "guns" can't do anything. The thing is, in the US, people use actual guns, with actual bullets. So expressing shock of what happens in Berlin every New Year's Eve (and not just by immigrants) is a bit hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well I think the subject is about middle eastern immigrants to EUROPE behaving in a manner that is causing EUROPEANS to take issue with said middle eastern immigrants. But the USA of course.

As far as the rockets, they go up. If they go anywhere but up, and especially when you AIM THEM, are not fire works.

They are then explosive projectiles. Thats pretty much the argument for them being illegal if not highly regulated here in the USA in some states. They can blow bits off of you. Its not pleasant.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well I think the subject is about middle eastern immigrants to EUROPE behaving in a manner that is causing EUROPEANS to take issue with said middle eastern immigrants.
I know what the subject is. But the point is, Berlin goes nuts on New Years Eve, immigrants or not. As has been attested to in this thread by more than one person.

They are then explosive projectiles. Thats pretty much the argument of them being illegal here in the USA. They can blow bits off of you. Its not pleasant.
Yes, I know. When I was a kid we had a great time shooting penny rockets and roman candles at each other. But to blame such activity on immigrants is not valid.

BTW, here's what Honolulu looked like that night. Aerial fireworks are illegal. Dangerous? Absolutely. Stupid? Absolutely. Illegal? Absolutely. Just goes to show that people go nuts on New Year's Eve. All over the place.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDarkTurnip
Apparently an 11 year old girl was shot and killed.

www.news24.com...

Haven't you realized that your piece of evidence is being ignored?...

This happened in Germany, but hey, we have got people claiming "these guns are just fakes"...

German police: Young girl shot dead was random victim
2016-01-03 21:27

Berlin - German police say an 11-year-old girl who was killed on New Year's Day appears to have been a random shooting victim.

www.news24.com...

I feel sad for the family, and to have this happen in New Year's...

edit on 11-1-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

These are not roman candles. I dont know if you have even ever seen one in person or fired one but they are meant to be used one way alone because they are dangerous. They wouldnt be used against riot police all over Europe if they werent effective. Celebration and malice are separate. You do know that though. Intent is all people need to see to make up their minds. Also, how do you know those were all starter guns? Starter guns shoot tracers? There are projectiles coming out of them in the VIDEO. Just saying,

I know you like to do this unhealthy back and forth. I disagree with you. Have at it.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You are assuming that these pistols are fake, but do you have evidence they are?

Look at the case of the 11 year old German girl who was killed by a stray bullet on New Year's eve. That is evidence that there are real guns being shot in Germany during celebrations. The odds of a real gun hitting someone meanwhile being shot to the air are low. I wonder how many guns must have been shot thou. But of course, you have to come up with your "anti-U.S. stance"...

BTW, using fireworks is not the same as using guns to celebrate.
edit on 11-1-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You are assuming that these pistols are fake, but do you have evidence they are?
Were people falling down dead and wounded?

Look at the case of the 11 year old German girl who was killed by a stray bullet on New Year's eve. That is evidence that there are real guns being shot in Germany during celebrations.
Ok. Who shot her? Probably an immigrant, right?

Did I say that no one is shooting real guns in Germany? No, I said that the ones in the video are not real guns. I said that the use of fake guns is common and not restricted to "immigrants."

The odds of a real gun hitting someone meanwhile being shot to the air are low. I wonder how many guns must have been shot thou. But of course, you have to come up with your "anti-U.S. stance"...
No anti-US stance. Just the facts. The fact being that being stupid on New Year's Eve is not limited to "imigrants" in Berlin.

On July 4, 1999, 9-year-old Brian Perez was hit in the head by a stray bullet. He died of his injuries the next day. At the time of Perez’s death, he was the 39th person to be killed by a stray bullet on a holiday in L.A.
Yes. It's unlikely that a bullet will hit someone. But they do.
www.newsweek.com...

So, instead of talking about those evil immigrants causing all this ruckus in Berlin on New Year's Eve, I'm talking about people doing stupid things on New Year's Eve. Or don't you think Americans are capable of doing stupid things?

Yes, I know. Guns are a stupider way to celebrate. But some people do like to shoot their guns in the air.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: PhageYou are assuming that these pistols are fake, but do you have evidence they are?

Firstly, it is quite possible the video was edited and consists of parts shot in various cities. Secondly, the burden of proof lies with the accuser, not with the defender. Thirdly, the assumption that this were fake pistols is quite logical as the shooter would be rather stupid to fire a real gun in the middle of a city while people are recording this. If just ONE citizen informs the police and hands over the video the guys would be arrested.

Look at the case of the 11 year old German girl who was killed by a stray bullet on New Year's eve.

That is indeed a sad event. We don't know who shot the gun, it may even have been a legal gun (yes, we do have them in Europe too, though our regulation are a little more strict than those in most US states). It was a small caliber gun, not some AK47 or similar. It might even have been an accident, we don't know.

It was not in Cologne, not on NYE but on NY day and we can't tell for the life of us if it had anything to do with refugees.

That is evidence that there are real guns being shot in Germany during celebrations.

Agreed. Well, on New Years Day, actually a quite dull day mostly, as many lie in their beds sleeping it off.

The odds of a real gun hitting someone meanwhile being shot to the air are low. I wonder how many guns must have been shot thou. But of course, you have to come up with your "anti-U.S. stance"...

Now, assuming it was a legal gun, if the owner of that gun had NOT had had a gun, the girl would still have lived. So, instead of relaxing our weapons regulations, we should probably tighten them a bit more. Agreed.

I guess that most of us here are smart enough to notice the difference. We also know that fireworks are almost as dangerous and sometimes more dangerous - especially the heavy, illegal stuff - then small caliber guns. This year in my country (The Netherlands) alone, we had 574 firework related accidents. And in the last few years we had various deadly firework related accidents.

What works well: ban the stuff and replace it with professional firework shows. But most of us men are like little children: we love to bang
edit on 11-1-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he made various typho.. tphy.. tophy.. well, you get the picture.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: 8675309jenny

If guns are ban in Germany how these people got their hands on them? are you sure this is legit video?

I will hate to see this thread been scratched.

This is how liberals actually think.

"Guns are bad! Ban all guns!"
*liberals ban guns*
*criminal psychopath guns down dozens of innocent people with an ak47*
"How did this happen? We banned all guns!*

How would you know how someone else thinks?
You saw it on the internet? The news? Trump said it?

You must really like them guns if you are willing to criticise millions of people and have the balls to say you know how they all think.

Let's put you to the test

What number am I thinking of?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here is this.

Police said groups of men robbed and attacked women as the New Year's festivities were in high gear at the main square near the historic cathedral and main train station. The attacks occurred as officers were clearing the crowd from the square for safety concerns because they saw men firing firecrackers into the throngs of celebrants.
www.usatoday.com...

Thats not celebrating is it. Thats just throwing explosives at unprotected people. Throwing a single stone into a crowd as hard as you can would be safer. Think about that.

Here is a link to soda can size rockets you can buy for a few bucks so we can get a perspective. The ones in the video may be smaller. I dont think by much.
epicfireworks.com...

If you think that is just magic fun and not dangerous as hell then you are insane. Especially if people are THROWING THEM at others so as to HURT THEM.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes. That is being discussed elsewhere but I notice that an American and 2 Germans were also involved.

The video in the OP is from Berlin. Different topic. This topic is:

Guns are illegal in Germany, but this is how immigrants celebrated NewYear in Berlin

If you think that is just magic fun and not dangerous as hell then you are insane. Especially if people are THROWING THEM at others so as to HURT THEM.
I've said several times that it is stupid. Aerial fireworks over heavily populated areas is also stupid. Firing bullets into the air is also stupid.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

Now, assuming[ it was a legal gun, if the owner of that gun had NOT had had a gun, the girl would still have lived. So, instead of relaxing our weapons regulations, we should probably tighten them a bit more. Agreed.

Put those two bolded bits together and look how insane you appear.

Based solely on a wild assumption, you make a huge leap and call for more firearms regulations for legal owners....

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Logic, my dear Jenny. Logic.

You can't shoot a gun - not by accident, not intentional - if you don't have it. You can't get it stolen by criminals, your innocent child can't unintentionally fire it, you can't fire it whilst drunk, you can't fire it in a "crime passionel". So, it's simple: ban guns - get rid of gun related accidents.

Yes, the criminals would still have guns. As would the police. Good enough for me.

Also, I found no real arguments in your posting, merely the notion that I'm insane - which is offensive. Manners and decorum, please.
edit on 11-1-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he made top.. tpy.. typa.... wait.. TYPOS again!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thread title has been changed per my request.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Were people falling down dead and wounded?

At least one girl in Germany was shot and killed from a stray bullet fired from a small caliber gun in 2016 New year's eve. BTW, you don't see lots, and lots, of people falling dead and wounded in all areas of the U.S. where people use firearms to celebrate...

One more thing... You do know the population in Germany is 80.6 million compared to the U.S. with 322 million people? The U.S. has 4 times more people than Germany does. The more people there are, the higher the possibility of stray bullets hitting someone.

Did I say that no one is shooting real guns in Germany? No, I said that the ones in the video are not real guns. I said that the use of fake guns is common and not restricted to "immigrants."

You posted a link of starter guns and claimed those used in the video were the same ones... You made a claim which you can't corroborate.

Then you went on about how in the U.S. is so much different and make more assumptions that people are falling left and right from stray bullets during New Year's eve. Although such accidents do happen in the U.S. they are rare... Which is contrary to what you are obviously trying to claim...

No anti-US stance. Just the facts. The fact being that being stupid on New Year's Eve is not limited to "imigrants" in Berlin.
Yes. It's unlikely that a bullet will hit someone. But they do.

And it happens in Germany as well... This doesn't show what you are obviously trying to claim that 'in the U.S. people do die from stray bullets from celebrations but not on Germany". That was what you were implying in your earlier response, and then you tried to derail the thread to bash at the "evil U.S." that you seem to hate so much... ( You seem to be claiming that if members show immigrant crimes those members must be racists, so since you are posting anti-U.S. claims you must be anti-U.S. even though you apparently live here...)

So, instead of talking about those evil immigrants causing all this ruckus in Berlin on New Year's Eve, I'm talking about people doing stupid things on New Year's Eve. Or don't you think Americans are capable of doing stupid things?

No, you made assumptions and claims. Do people do stupid things? Sure. But you are trying to claim that using what appear to be guns is the same as shooting fireworks... Which is not. You cannot for certain claim those guns are just fakes, yet you went on to bash at the U.S. when this thread is not even about that.

At least one German girl was killed by a stray bullet from a handgun in 2016 New year's eve. That means most probably several guns have been shot in the air. This proves you cannot discount the possibility those guns used in the video were not real since people in Germany do die from stray bullets from handguns.

You don't know whether the German police were sent there, more so from the reports that in places like Germany jails, and even police wagons were full. The police could not even respond to all the crimes occurring in several cities in Germany. So even if the police didn't respond to immigrants, or anyone else shooting guns, it doesn't mean that no guns were used. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

edit on 11-1-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Logic, my dear Fortrean. Logic.

You can't drive a car - not by accident, not intentional - if you don't have it. You can't get it stolen by criminals, your innocent child can't unintentionally crash it, you can't drive it whilst drunk, you can't drive it in a "crime passionel". So, it's simple: ban cars - get rid of car related accidents.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It's still wrong. Handguns are not illegal in Germany.
www.loc.gov...

So, I guess you should change it to "This is how some people celebrated NewYear in Berlin."

Not so catchy as your first one.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join