It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Following the right path.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
For a very long time now I have held a belief in that we are all on a sort of path through life that is of a spiritual nature. That before we come here we are given a life plan to follow. That for the most part we adhere to, except for the odd little change here and there. I know lately I've had a few instances where I felt a sort of familiarity feeling. When I have these feelings I think, well I must be on the right path. It is sort of a deja vu feeling, like I've done the same things before now. I can also feel at times when I veer off course, which feels like a pressure of annoyance in my body. So mostly I do follow the familiar and comfortable feeling inside, which seems to be the most easiest path in life.

When I follow the easiest path, everything falls into place so amazingly that I think wow, it must have been meant to be. Everything goes in flow so easily and comfortably.

Do any of you here also feel the same way about your life path? Do you get a sort of deja vu feeling some of the time?

Maybe you do not believe in a life path perhaps? Because it would seem that life is already planned. Which might make you wonder if freewill has a stronger place in our life, rather than a predesigned path.

I'm curious to know what experiences you have had or belief you hold regarding your life path.
edit on 10-1-2016 by mmirror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I feel somehow the same except for the planned part. For me it's more like we're attracted toward the right path, like iron powder is attracted to magnet. Few times in my life I felt like that, felt a very distinct feeling that this is where I supposed to be, or do. Then also there were a few times when I pushed hard to achieve something all the while a little voice told me I shouldn't. Never got any satisfaction from that cases.
After many years of experience I sort of believe that nothing happens with no reason, nothing is random, and if I'm here then probably this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. Even if ''my mind" wants something else.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Deja-vu moments can be signs of our higher-selfs mistakes.

Imagine we are characters in the matrix and our higher-self is pulling our strings. When a mistake is made on their behalf, they have the ability to back-track to a previous 'save' zone. This would be similar to the last 'save file' in a video game.

Then when us characters reach the same point in time again, that is the deja-vu moment. Second time round (or more), hopefully our higher-selfs don't screw up and us down here in the game zone (The Matrix) continue along our perfect paths.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

For a very long time now I have held a belief in that we are all on a sort of path through life that is of a spiritual nature. That before we come here we are given a life plan to follow.

I believe we plan out a lifetime before we come to Earth
Who we will be with, who we must care for and situations and circumstances arranged for us to perhaps do right what we did wrong in the previous life on Earth.

freewill has a stronger place in our life,

I prefer to call it free choice rather than freewill ...
The choice is always what is in accord with the soul or against it
Quite simply ... the choice between what is right and wrong

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I am just the opposite. I have believed I am on the wrong path (or shall we say the same path as last time) for many years.

As I looked back it was about 15 years ago I began having precognitive dreams and sometimes just 'knowings' that I would fall off my path. I have thought about this many times over the past few years. Recently I had a symbolic dream of my doing just that. I was waiting to make a left turn but hesitated because I wasn't sure. Then the light turned red and I saw and arrow pointing straight ahead. I know some may blow this off as just a dream and could mean anything but I think the dreamer instinctively knows if they don't let wishful thinking get in the way.

Mmirror, I truly wish I could believe what you say. Too me I am too comfortable, nonproductive and essentially giving up (better would be lacking discipline) on finding that correct path again.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I get the same thing. when we're on the path of truth, our individual quantum consciousness become entangled with others to orchestrate a beautiful path to Nirvana.

Socrates' Theory of Recollection, which he "proved" through logical deduction, claims that all knowledge is a remembrance.

If forgetting means to not know, then knowledge is remembering.

Deja vu, in my opinion, is you remembering your true eternal nature, transcendent of time, which is to be remembered by those who stay on their Path. Some say deja vu is an aberration, do not listen to them. gamma waves, brain waves correlated to beneficial happenings and enhanced cognition, have been shown to be connected to deja vu.

Best of luck on your journey

edit on 10-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I also believe there is some kind of pre-plan before our consciousness enters this physical world.

However, I think the plans vary from Complete Control to Complete Freewill and may be planned by ourself or "other" for a specific purpose.

I don't seem to have personal control of my life. It seems to be more how I affect other people's lives. Like I am a teacher.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thank you all for you interesting and wonderful responses. It is nice to know that a lot of people believe in a life path and seem to feel it along the way.

I often wonder how freewill comes into play if we have a plan, but it might be because we do not have to choose to follow it. For instance for livetolearn, you have chosen to move away from your life path and this is your own freewill to choose for it. I'm sure happiness can also be found in new adventures. Maybe this is part of discovery of every individual. A way to learn new things and make unique decisions or even what can be seen as mistakes. Mistakes can make for new and interesting dicoveries. (They might even not be really called mistakes, but taking a chance on new things.) This does not mean that we will not one day find our life path again, even when we choose to not adhere to it at certain times. It is all choice.

I must admit it feels good to be in familiar territory. When I have these feelings of familiarity, I feel strong and focused in my actions in life. I gives a sort of confidence. Like I have done it all before. It's nice. I also at times get the shakes when I have interactions with people, when I know a conversation is very powerful and life changing. Like you Annee I feel that I'm at times teaching people, or sharing a new discovery with them. I'm also learning along the way, pushing myself towards understanding my reality and people around me. I do feel that it is a wonderful experience. I feel grateful that I chose this path and that I'm on the right track. It seems beneficial to my spiritual development.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I think you are right in that "The Plan" is mutable/flexible
To take account a wrong move / missed opportunity

Taking in account the countless choices people make or do not make that affect our life and our own choices too
We do not make our life plan alone in the soul realms
Though in those realms the right choices are clearly seen by the soul incarnating

We have to humble and realise we are all part of a Universal Plan
That there are mighty souls who watch over us and guide us in our planning

Whilst still giving all free choice

Be humble and know that there is something far greater than we
A vast intelligence that wants only good for all

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

I think you are right in that "The Plan" is mutable/flexible
To take account a wrong move / missed opportunity

But, if we have a pre-destined path, wouldn't mistakes be included along such a path? Perhaps all the choices of our "free will" are already calculated and accounted for by the higher Mind.
edit on 10-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wonder if a mistake can be made if you follow your life path, or does it mean you are moving away from your path. I do often feel like I've said the wrong thing to people, yet I feel like I was meant to say it anyway. Sometimes mistakes can be there for a reason and part of your plan.

I suppose it depends on whether you feel it was meant to be or not. It is more a feeling, a sort of intuition, knowing you are doing the right thing or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Yes that is what I was saying / meaning

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No matter what your plan ... You will make mistakes and so will everyone else
We all make mistakes ... Yet sometimes what we see as a mistake is the right thing
Our indoctrinations can and do get in the way

We each have our own guiding feelings ...
I also know when I am on the right path
Though life will always throw challenges and even hardships our way ...
All you can be is true to yourself and others and never give up on your true path

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We all make mistakes ... Yet sometimes what we see as a mistake is the right thing

I like this quote from a document that calls itself the Gospel of Truth, found at Nag Hammadi:

"...Ignorance of truth brought about terror and fear. And terror became dense like a fog, that no one was able to see. Because of this, error became strong. But it worked on its material substance vainly, because it did not know the truth. It was in a fashioned form while it was preparing, in power and in beauty, the equivalent of truth. This then, was not a humiliation for him, that illimitable, inconceivable one. For they were as nothing, this terror and this forgetfulness and this figure of falsehood, whereas this established truth is unchanging, unperturbed and completely beautiful.

For this reason, do not take error too seriously."

In a perfect world, error does not exist, therefore, its as if your mistakes don't exist, or rather, they exist as much as a bad dream "exists".

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

I like this quote from a document that calls itself the Gospel of Truth, found at Nag Hammadi:

"...Ignorance of truth brought about terror and fear. And terror became dense like a fog, that no one was able to see. Because of this, error became strong. But it worked on its material substance vainly, because it did not know the truth. It was in a fashioned form while it was preparing, in power and in beauty, the equivalent of truth. This then, was not a humiliation for him, that illimitable, inconceivable one. For they were as nothing, this terror and this forgetfulness and this figure of falsehood, whereas this established truth is unchanging, unperturbed and completely beautiful.

For this reason, do not take error too seriously."

In a perfect world, error does not exist, therefore, its as if your mistakes don't exist, or rather, they exist as much as a bad dream "exists".

Yes that is great it says it really well

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. That feeling of doing something wrong is there to make you think and rationalise your actions. It's not a mistake you've made but a necessary veer from one path to the next because you have been given a multi-path life that is made of joining segments, especially as you get older. They get shorter. It's to thwart the enemy.

You see, when we die, if we have met or bettered expectations we are offered the chance of a 'mission' to benefit humanity, If you answer yes, you get to have as many goes at it as you need or until you get fed up. You'll typically rejoin time at a fork between good and not so good. It's up to you to ensure time goes the right way. Often you'll have people to work alongside with. Other times you'll be on your own. Some missions require multiple incarnations.

Your deja-vu is the remembering of a previous attempt at a mission.

Missions can only be for the benefit of mankind. Even evil people have to comply with the rules, otherwise we would be in chaos. The 'guides' are ancient people who learned to master the space between lives. To become one you need to accomplish a number of missions. It gives your whole being purpose. If it's not your bag then you can have an ordinary life again and again and not achieve anything, or a holiday life between missions. It's surprising how quickly people become bored of them and they want a mission.

You've opted for an ordinary life and found yourself among ϸ. So that's why you posted. It's OK. It's your choice. But q is a better option. We're sponsored by the guides and above.

Hope you go for an adventure next time. They really are rewarding. The more you do, the more crazy things you can do. I just discovered a way to predict earthquakes! Only took a day. It's because I helped design Stonehenge as part of a super-mission!

Make the most of it. You can still get 'points' for an ordinary life.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"Deja vu, in my opinion, is you remembering your true eternal nature, transcendent of time, which is to be remembered by those who stay on their Path. Some say deja vu is an aberration, do not listen to them. gamma waves, brain waves correlated to beneficial happenings and enhanced cognition, have been shown to be connected to deja vu."

I remeber smoking so much special tobacco I'd use to think ahead of time. As a precognition, but at will. Marijuana is sure hell of a drug.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
"Deja vu, in my opinion, is you remembering your true eternal nature, transcendent of time, which is to be remembered by those who stay on their Path. Some say deja vu is an aberration, do not listen to them. gamma waves, brain waves correlated to beneficial happenings and enhanced cognition, have been shown to be connected to deja vu."

I remeber smoking so much special tobacco I'd use to think ahead of time. As a precognition, but at will. Marijuana is sure hell of a drug.

I would get the same thing. Since marijuana is natural, and thus would have been created by the same forces that resulted in the human, it would be intuitive to think that various psychotropic plants are meant to help humankind:

"Psychedelic experience is only a glimpse of genuine mystical insight, but a glimpse which can be matured and deepened by the various ways of meditation in which drugs are no longer necessary or useful. If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen..."

-Alan Watts

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mmirror
When I have these feelings I think, well I must be on the right path.

You are being seduced!
NEVER 'trust' your thoughts/feelings (feelings are thoughts)!
Even the bible gets 'that one' right! *__-

It is sort of a deja vu feeling, like I've done the same things before now. I can also feel at times when I veer off course, which feels like a pressure of annoyance in my body. So mostly I do follow the familiar and comfortable feeling inside, which seems to be the most easiest path in life.

So you take the easiest path, someone has to, I guess, but I cannot see any virtue in such a selfish juvenile 'choice' (if you believe is 'choice', also)!
Look at the Blessings you miss;

“Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.”
― Rumi

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
--- Rumi

"I say that next to God there is no nobler thing than suffering. Right suffering is the mother of all virtues, for right suffering so subdues the heart, it cannot rise to pride but perforce is lowly." - Meister Eckhart

"Harkee, all rational souls! The swiftest steed to bear you to your goal is suffering; none shall ever taste eternal bliss but those who stand with Christ in depths of bitterness. Nothing is more gall-bitter than suffering, nothing so honey-sweet as to have suffered. The most sure foundation for this perfection is humility, for he whose nature here creeps in deepest depths shall soar in spirit to highest height of Deity.' - Meister Eckhart

"The growth of the soul in man is as that of a pearl in an oyster, both being caused by irritation." - Plato

Pain and Blessing/Bliss are One Reality!
The only difference is a matter of Perspective!
"The immature run from Pain, the Wise find the Blessing within!" - n

"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!" - n

When I follow the easiest path, everything falls into place so amazingly that I think wow, it must have been meant to be. Everything goes in flow so easily and comfortably.

I'm smelling something...
Overcompensation, perhaps?
I'm just not buying it.

Wait a moment! Are you talking about "ignorance is bliss"?
That you remain ignorant of as much life as possible, and enjoy the Bliss, at least until Knowledge bops you on the head!?
Knowledge = experience, 'ignorance' is lack of experience, Here! Now!

Do any of you here also feel the same way about your life path? Do you get a sort of deja vu feeling some of the time?

Absolutely! *__-

Maybe you do not believe in a life path perhaps? Because it would seem that life is already planned. Which might make you wonder if freewill has a stronger place in our life, rather than a predesigned path.
I'm curious to know what experiences you have had or belief you hold regarding your life path.

All moments of Universal existence exist Here! Now!
Not a single moment, EVER, can EVER be 'otherwise'!
'Free-will/choice' is nothing more than vanity, ego, imagination! Thought!
What Is, simply Is; every moment of the One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just because I follow my life path doesn't mean that I do not have pain in my life. I've had loss of people in my life, sicknesses, struggles and so forth. They have made me a stronger person. I have though had an experience in my life of meeting my twin flame and it has been the most rewarding of experiences that I have ever had. We lived on the other side of the world from each other, and even so we came together so smoothly and easily that it was meant to be. It was like heaven touched me on the shoulder and guided me to where I am now. We have now been together for 11 years and going strong. We have been through many hardships, but through following our path we have overcome them through knowing what to do and how to achieve our goals. Now looking back the hardships we overcame almost as if we had a guided hand. We achieved this through feeling our way, being connected to spirit. We were meant to be where we were at the time. I went through a sickness that I know if I were where I was before it would have been harder to overcome. Having my twin by my side helped me to get through things and I see it as a gift from God.

So I feel fortunate that I have learnt to follow my path. It has made it easier for me along the way. It brought many great rewards that I would have missed if I had not followed the guiding hand of spirit in my life. One person that I lost for a time in life has also been brought back to me and through unconditional love we have overcome our differences and remain in close contact with one another. This has been done by following my heart and spirit. It was not easy to overcome but I knew in my heart that it was meant to be, like I was guided to it.

I might be the sort of person that likes to write of great fortune or positive things. But this is truly because I'm so grateful for my experiences and where I am now in life. I fell blessed that my life path has brought me to where I am now. Of course there is always room for improvement here and there, but mostly I feel I have everything that I ever wanted and more. I'm at a good place and want to share this with people, that being on your path can bring great rewards and blessings. It is just from my experiences, not necessarily what others should do, if they choose not to. I do not dictate what they should or should not do. I just share experiences which others might also have had. Sharing my happiness with others and my gratitude to spirit and God for all that I have.
edit on 11-1-2016 by mmirror because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join