It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COLOGNE: Google, Facebook and Twitter Yield to German Govt Demand to Censor Anti-Migrant ‘Hate Spe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The German government’s demand that social media giants Google, Facebook and Twitter remove what it calls anti-migrant ‘hate speech’ is having its first real test in the wake of the sickening sex attacks in Cologne over New Year’s Eve.

Breitbart London first brought news of the attacks to the English speaking world and sparked a global tide of outrage in the process.

Anyone in Germany appalled by the scenes we described, however, will find it difficult to express their disgust online because it might be branded as hate speech by the Berlin political class that shows more concern for the reaction from Germans than for the threat to social order from the migrants themselves.

COLOGNE: Google, Facebook and Twitter Yield to German Govt Demand to Censor Anti-Migrant ‘Hate Speech’

I don't remember if there was any mention on ATS of this a few months back, but the German government in 2015 hired former STASI agent Anetta Kahane to head their Facebook censorship program. The goal has been listed as "combating xenophobic and racist comments"

Stasi veteran to manage censorship on Facebook

Check out this woman's comments in this video:

Adding insult to injury, the sexual assault story across Germany (now reported in Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Berlin, Munich and Dusseldorf, plus the huge story in Cologne) has taken another disgusting turn now that victims are reporting their Facebook comments have been deleted.

Can Germany really stoop any lower in victim-blaming and pissing on its own people??

edit on 10-1-2016 by 8675309jenny because: fixed links, updated video

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with fortitude of morals. If these companies cannot operate in a country because they are not willing to sacrifice their morals then that is a loss in revenue.

Follow the money...

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If one must stifle free speech in order to institute multiculturalism I am immediately led to question it's value. At what point did compromising basic freedoms become necessary for the continued growth of country or continent? The argument of the "greater good" is always tossed about at this point in sheer desperation. When logic fails authoritarianism always raises it's ugly head. Shut the people up, demand the media follow a set narrative - I thought Europe despised Fascism?

Now the true intent of the EU is coming to light.
The question then is what lengths will the European people go to assert their will?
Conversely, how violent will the governments react to suppress it?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I had already commented on this the other day. Basically Germany are trying to stop their own citizens from discussing anything that puts migrants in a bad light either with each other or sharing information with citizens in other European Countries. How frightening is this?

Whats more the migrants know they are protected and are laughing in the face of the authorities as apparently one of the perpetrators of the sexual violence on NYE said as much to the Police! "You cant touch me I am Syrian and Mrs Merkel invited me".

I believe this has been the case in Sweden for a while now. The media have been also covering up the true scale of crime etc.

There is only so much Europeans are going to put up with before they erupt. Maybe thats the plan to push people to civil war!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The German media and police were already caught covering up the NYE events. They've admitted as much. Now, even as those gags are being loosened, social media is being tightened-up even more.

I can understand the government's desire not to inflame the passion of the right-wing Nazi-related factions. But what they are doing is nearly as bad, in the long run, as the hateful actions of their far-right.

-dex

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Somebody is paying some big money to further this agenda.

I wonder who's getting rich from these international scams?

Massive government failures.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Making hate speech illegal isn't the issue, controlling free speech is.

The problem arose after an anti refugee rally sparked / led to a refugee demonstration, right?

The actions of the haters on both sides were illegal, right? So the problem became breaking the law during demonstrations, not what people said or typed.

Go after the haters in the street, let the talkers be. But they aren't really interested in the hate, in fact its state sponsored in a lot of cases (mention the word Muslim and everybody's fur bristles). The real program is to limit free speech where the narrative points the finger at the government for promoting race or religious hatred at home to justify and promote war abroad.

If that makes any sense.
edit on 10-1-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Something very strange is going on in Western governments. It is almost as if they are being bribed or something to take in massive amounts of foreigners against the will of the people. It's not only against the will of their people, it is in-your-face forceful going so far as to threaten to take your right to voice your concerns away from you. "You Will Be Told What to Do, Say, and Think or Else....Your Opinion is Not Valid!!"

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Something I can not find and answer too, is why the bending over the migration or let call it for what it is, "the invasion" in Europe, why are governments allowing this even with the side effects already been felt by the people from the cultures already established in this nations, is like the people opinions do not matter, but the protection of this migrant groups over the people wellbeing is been pursue in a way that I actually dare to call madness.

What in the heck is going on, even with all the violent nature of some of the migrant against citizens, and the fact that they will mostly never integrate causing problems to the host countries, the government seems to keep protecting them.

Perhaps the agenda behind all this is bigger one than any of us can even imagine and as posted in this thread is going to be even against the laws to do so.

Something is very wrong with all this and I can not put my finger on it.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Thank you, thank you, thank you, that is what looks like, and now trying to stop people from questioning this agenda?

Hell it could be worst than we think after all.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is very dangerous for the people when their mediums of freedom of speech get shut down, today the german government chases down what it deems as hate speech towards migrants, what happens when it begins chasing down hate speech towards companies, towards the government itself ?

The term "hate speech" needs to be deleted from society, if somebody wishes to hate something and speak about it then they should be able to whether they are right or wrong, this is what freedom of speech truly means. So we need to ask do we want a free society or a not free society ?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Making hate speech illegal isn't the issue, controlling free speech is.

The problem arose after an anti refugee rally sparked / led to a refugee demonstration, right?

No, the PEGIDA rally took place after the sexual assualts in Cologne.

originally posted by: intrptrThe actions of the haters on both sides were illegal, right?

Wrong. Protesting in the street is not illegal. Shoving your hand down a woman's pants against her will IS ILLEGAL! and more importantly, FILTHY DISGUSTING IMMORAL behavior!

edit on 10-1-2016 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
WTF ?? Seriously ??!!

When criminal statistics and eyewitness accounts of actual crimes can be considered " hate speech "....something is seriously wrong.

We're entering Orwell territory here folks

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I tell you what, I always said that if somebody I don't know comes walking towards me late at night in a train station I will make sure I carry something with me to make sure I target them between the legs where it will hurt the most.

And not I am not been sarcastic.

If some of this criminal and rapist lose their private parts due to trying to injure women they will stop their practices in not time.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What the powers that be dont seem to realise is they are going to push some people into the arms of the far right groups. If people dont feel able to vent their anger and frustration they will find another way of doing it.

Its all very well trying to curtail outright hate speech such as trying to incite violence etc, it is quite another thing to stop people putting their feelings forward with regard to alarm at the danger the government is bringing to its citizens.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is how it works.
The government knows what's best for you so just shut up and don't rock the boat!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: xuenchen

Something very strange is going on in Western governments. It is almost as if they are being bribed or something to take in massive amounts of foreigners against the will of the people. It's not only against the will of their people, it is in-your-face forceful going so far as to threaten to take your right to voice your concerns away from you. "You Will Be Told What to Do, Say, and Think or Else....Your Opinion is Not Valid!!"

What I am worried about is that the forces that are behind bringing these refugees into the west are the same forces that are behind legitimizing hatred towards these refugees.

It has been my theory since the beginning of the syrian refugee crisis that this is all a ruse to surplant actions that deemed acceptable to combat extremism and terrorism in the ME, to inside western boarders.

When the ball drops and it becomes reality that we have let 10's of thousands of terrorist into our countries, it is CITIZENS that LEO (or possibly military) are going to be picking through to target these terrorists. That means we will have to give up a substantial amount of rights and freedoms in order to help root out terror and extremism within our own countries.
edit on pSun, 10 Jan 2016 12:43:08 -06002016 008Sun, 10 Jan 2016 12:43:08 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

We are in the same page, I just posted something along the same lines as you in another thread, it is an agenda, but the tragedy of all this is the disregard for human lives, been the ones of the migrant groups and those of the citizens in the host countries.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When discussing Free Speech in America, we used to often hear the phrase " I may not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it "

Sadly,now that PC is the norm forwarded by the social engineers, I don't hear that phrase as often anymore...

The New World Phrase has become..." I may not like what you say, so I'm going to shut you up, because it's ruining the Politically Correct Narrative I want everyone to believe "
edit on 10-1-2016 by Noobarino because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Something very strange is going on in Western governments. It is almost as if they are being bribed or something to take in massive amounts of foreigners against the will of the people

Well let's use logic. What group of people has the money and influence to force both the US and Europe to destroy themselves? Who has been pushing an anti-white pro minority agenda in the media for the last 30 years? Who will take your sports franchise away from you if you don't want your girlfriend bringing a certain ethnic group to your games?

It must be the Zionists. I think they have a motive of believing they will be "king of the hill" when we're out of the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join